• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

With Whiz, Jeff! Ask for One With Whiz!

lethalweapon3

10 hours ago, Sothron said:

So this trade rumor has kinda died down considerably...

Well, to be fair, it was never going to happen until probably at or after the draft so the lull in "news" shouldn't surprise anyone.

C'mon Soth.  You've been around long enough to get that.  We'll forgive this misstep but if you come with some Diesel-level 1-star posts you might be facing a suspension.

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well, to be fair, it was never going to happen until probably at or after the draft so the lull in "news" shouldn't surprise anyone.

C'mon Soth.  You've been around long enough to get that.  We'll forgive this misstep but if you come with some Diesel-level 1-star posts you might be facing a suspension.

Usually there's a rush to deny the trade from either party or more rumors coming out. Not just dead silence.

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Usually there's a rush to deny the trade from either party or more rumors coming out. Not just dead silence.

Actually i feel like the Hawks policy has been dead silence ever since Ferry got here.   There was nothing from the hawks confirming or denying last year.

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The lack of denials is more surprising.  I guess we'll wait and see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

The lack of denials is more surprising.  I guess we'll wait and see.

Or maybe both clubs didn't deny to get their phones ringin.

13 hours ago, kg01 said:

Cmon man, gotta be realistic.  Why in the holy h*ll would UT do that trade?

I never suggested that they would.  I just don't see all the hype over Noel.  11 ppg, 8 rpg in 30 mpg is nothing special.  He blocks shots at a similar rate to Al and Sap - OK, but not great.  Just not impressed with ol' Nerlens.   

13 hours ago, RWF said:

I have seen only Sixers fans that would 'meh' a Teague for Noel trade. I want that trade to go down ASAP before someone changes their mind.

Charles Barkley thinks the Sixers should jump all over Noel for Teague.  They'd be getting a steal.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Watchman said:

I never suggested that they would.  I just don't see all the hype over Noel.  11 ppg, 8 rpg in 30 mpg is nothing special.  He blocks shots at a similar rate to Al and Sap - OK, but not great.  Just not impressed with ol' Nerlens.   

He's also 22, 6'11", makes $3 mill, and has 2 years of experience on the worst team in NBA history.     This guy is going to improve a lot.

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

He's also 22, 6'11", makes $3 mill, and has 2 years of experience on the worst team in NBA history.     This guy is going to improve a lot.

Sorry.   I never realized putting up crappy numbers on a bad team was a sign of good things to come.

Macdaddy and watchman both make good points here...hmmm..personally I'd do the Teague/Noel deal yesterday though. I could be wrong but that might be one of the better deals out there for Teague. We shall see.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Or maybe both clubs didn't deny to get their phones ringin.

I'm sure even if both would do the deal that they are circling the league trying to get something even better.

Steve Koonin was on radio last Friday - he didn't confirm or deny.  He said he was just in a draft meeting with Wes and Bud. He said they took calls from 6 teams in an hour.  It's the due diligence period on everybody.  They way I see it, we have no untouchable players.  I just want to win a trade for ONCE.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Steve Koonin was on radio last Friday - he didn't confirm or deny.  He said he was just in a draft meeting with Wes and Bud. He said they took calls from 6 teams in an hour.  It's the due diligence period on everybody.  They way I see it, we have no untouchable players.  I just want to win a trade for ONCE.

Shouldn't hold your breath on winning in a trade.  It's not the Hawks way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Me too. Last time we won a trade was.....hmmmm...korver for Captain Kirk?

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Shouldn't hold your breath on winning in a trade.  It's not the Hawks way.

We've won our fair of trades.  Mookie, Smittie, Korver, etc.  It is the draft where we've struggled so badly.

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

We've won our fair of trades.  Mookie, Smittie, Korver, etc.  It is the draft where we've struggled so badly.

I still love the Mookie trade....sorry Rumeal lol

46 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I am really hoping THJ makes Bud and Wes look smart for making that trade last year during the course of this upcoming season to the point we feel we must keep him around long term. Earning twenty five minutes on the floor and then becoming our starter at some point whether this year or next. The defensive progress he made this past year though not hugh was more than most of us thought would happen. Coaches that teach well really make a difference.  

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Watchman said:

Sorry.   I never realized putting up crappy numbers on a bad team was a sign of good things to come.

per36 double-double average for your rookie and sophomore years isn't really crappy.      I thought we needed rebounders?

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Noel :16 double-doubles this season.   Horford had 17.

Noel outrebounded Al (8.1 per game to 7.3 per game) while playing fewer minutes.  Noel grabbed 15% of available rebounds to 12.4% for Al.  Noel added 4.0 steals and blocks per 36 compared to 2.6 steals and blocks for Al.  Al conversely crushed Noel on assists and ball protection.

Al is clearly the better offensive player and Noel is clearly the better rebounder.