With Whiz, Jeff! Ask for One With Whiz!

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Noel :16 double-doubles this season.   Horford had 17.

Al is not exactly the gold standard for rebounding (or lots of other categories for that matter.) 

I guess "crappy" was too strong of a word on my part, but if you are limited offensively, I would expect a little more than 8.1 rpg.  However, seeing that is listed at 228 lbs, perhaps he gets caught in too many wind currents to be a good rebounder.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AHF said:

Noel outrebounded Al (8.1 per game to 7.3 per game) while playing fewer minutes.  Noel grabbed 15% of available rebounds to 12.4% for Al.  Noel added 4.0 steals and blocks per 36 compared to 2.6 steals and blocks for Al.  Al conversely crushed Noel on assists and ball protection.

Al is clearly the better offensive player and Noel is clearly the better rebounder.

I don't see Al as the standard bearer for centers.  Comparing Noel favorably to Al doesn't mean too much to me.  Even if Noel was better in every category, I don't know the he could help all that much.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

The lack of denials is more surprising.  I guess we'll wait and see.

Why do you have to deny something that not true in the first place?

We must think that Philly has a room full of idiots in the front office.  Trade for a PG who has a contract that's about to end.  Regardless of who Philly gets, they will still be a very young team who have not been a winning team.   Do you think they make a trade for a vet PG knowing that they won't be in contention for a couple of years?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Watchman said:

Al is not exactly the gold standard for rebounding (or lots of other categories for that matter.) 

I guess "crappy" was too strong of a word on my part, but if you are limited offensively, I would expect a little more than 8.1 rpg.  However, seeing that is listed at 228 lbs, perhaps he gets caught in too many wind currents to be a good rebounder.

At age 21, his TRB% falls in with some guys that aren't too shabby on the boards:

Al Jefferson 15.0%

Nerlens Noel 15.0%

Derrick Favors 14.8%

Robin Lopez 14.8%

On the defensive boards he is strong:

Nikola Vucevic 22.2%

Nerlens Noel 22.2%

Gorgui Dieng 22.1%

Of the F/Cs in the league (according to basketball reference), he leads the league in steal rate and is second in total steals (Drummond and Hilario are next).  He is also top 20 in block% at 3.9% right behind Dwight Howard (4.1%) and right ahead of Derrick Favors, Tim Duncan and William Cauley-Stein.

And he was 21 last  year.  He will be a player in the NBA on the boards and defensively.  

• Like 2

Just more fodder for discussion as it appears the injury "news" may not have totally killed Teague's value.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/derrick-rose-jeff-teague-headline-nine-potential-summer-trade-targets/

Most pertinent quote to me was regarding the amount of teams that actually need a PG ...

The teams that could potentially need a point guard are the Sacramento Kings, Los Angeles Lakers (depending on whether or not D'Angelo Russell is used as a lead guard or not), Utah, Indiana, Orlando, Milwaukee, New York, Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Dallas, Memphis (if Mike Conley bolts) and Houston (does Pat Beverley fit with Mike D'Antoni?). Some of those teams have an established point guard (Pacers, Mavs, Rockets, etc.), but Teague would be an upgrade.

Also interesting is the guy thinks Gallinari could be a trade target (not necessarily for us, just in general) this offseason.  I didn't see that coming.

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

The interest will definitely be there.  The question is whether teams will be making discounted offers or not.

They mention 12 different teams that could be potential suitors.  If even half of those are interested then that is great news.  The more demand the better.  I wouldn't expect the Hawks to completely fleece a team but at least get Teague's actual value in return. 

3 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

They mention 12 different teams that could be potential suitors.  If even half of those are interested then that is great news.  The more demand the better.  I wouldn't expect the Hawks to completely fleece a team but at least get Teague's actual value in return. 

Seems like we at least should be able to get a dollar for dollar value since Teague is really underpaid in today's NBA at eight million.  

The Philadelphia 76ers would prefer to trade Jahlil Okafor instead of Nerlens Noel this offseason.

Both Okafor and Noel have been discussed in trades.

Okafor averaged 17.5 points, 7.0 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.2 blocks per game for the 76ers in his rookie season.

Okafor underwent season-ending surgery on March 22nd to repair the meniscus in his right knee.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242220/76ers-Prefer-To-Trade-Jahlil-Okafor-Over-Nerlens-Noel

On 6/7/2016 at 8:00 AM, Spud2Nique said:

@hawksfanatic

Just read this, great stuff. How come this wasn't mentioned by anybody, or was it on another thread? 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.peachtreehoops.com/platform/amp/2016/6/4/11856520/jeff-teague-trade-kicker-salary-cap-atlanta-hawks?client=safari#

For a fanbase like Philly that's supposed to be so process oriented or nut-hugging of Hinkie, you'd expect them to be a bit more intelligent cap-wise. From what I saw, they're not. I looked at Phillymag.com and their Libertyballers.com sites to see if any of them would mention this bit that I wrote up. Nope. Basically they all complained about how expensive Teague would be. Hell, one dipshit devoted an entire article to how expensive Jeff's contract would be:

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/06/02/report-sixers-hawks-talking-trade-of-nerlens-noel-for-jeff-teague/

Well yes, I guess if you assume Jeff gets the maximum possible contract then this is a bad situation but who in their right mind considers this outside of chicken little? The guy then proceeded to tear apart a potential deal and his main point was it'd be expensive: http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/06/03/dissecting-the-jeff-teague-for-nerlens-noel-rumor/

It's nice that there's a small critical mass of intelligent Hawks fans around. It must be frustrating to see blowhard coverage from the "intelligent" analysts [sic] that won't put in a small amount of critical thinking to understand a rumor. Philly sugs.

13 hours ago, hawksfanatic said:

For a fanbase like Philly that's supposed to be so process oriented or nut-hugging of Hinkie, you'd expect them to be a bit more intelligent cap-wise. From what I saw, they're not. I looked at Phillymag.com and their Libertyballers.com sites to see if any of them would mention this bit that I wrote up. Nope. Basically they all complained about how expensive Teague would be. Hell, one dipshit devoted an entire article to how expensive Jeff's contract would be:

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/06/02/report-sixers-hawks-talking-trade-of-nerlens-noel-for-jeff-teague/

Well yes, I guess if you assume Jeff gets the maximum possible contract then this is a bad situation but who in their right mind considers this outside of chicken little? The guy then proceeded to tear apart a potential deal and his main point was it'd be expensive: http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/06/03/dissecting-the-jeff-teague-for-nerlens-noel-rumor/

It's nice that there's a small critical mass of intelligent Hawks fans around. It must be frustrating to see blowhard coverage from the "intelligent" analysts [sic] that won't put in a small amount of critical thinking to understand a rumor. Philly sugs.

Fans are generally stupid. I wouldn't take their opinion any more serious than the average RealGM nutcase.