• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With Whiz, Jeff! Ask for One With Whiz!

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I think Supes is hinting at another rebuild coming that builds around Al Horford at power forward for good which I doubt helps his production personally but that's as far as I'll go negatively (for me he's a good but not GREAT player IMHO).

I wouldn't be surprised if Kyle Korver and Paul Millsap also get traded if true.

Korver and Al aren't going nowhere. Al is not great in the sense of a #1 or even a #2 option but for everything else, you not going find many better.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Korver and Al aren't going nowhere. Al is not great in the sense of a #1 or even a #2 option but for everything else, you not going find many better.

This team really wants to go through another season with Korver as a starter when they know it's going to fail in the playoffs if they still have a goal of going there=SIGH! Save me the takes about analytics.

There is no need to get rid of either Sap or Al in a Teague/Noel trade occurs.

I haven't checked but I think Philly has capspace  and can absorb Jeff's salary if nothing else is added but like the report says it's  'a package'. If it's  a straight up deal we've gained $4.5 mil in capspace.

What this deal does is improve our big man rotation. Al still starts at C with Millsap at PF.  When Noel comes in he can either sub for Al or Millsap. Now the options to move or keep Splitter becomes easier. We can have a rotation of: 

Al and Sap

Noel or Splitter and Horford

Noel or Splitter and Sap.

It's about options.

We get better by adding pieces.

The Millsap trade doesn't make sense unless a freat scorer  at another position is involved. Especially after trading Teague since Noel really isn't a scorer.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There is no need to get rid of either Sap or Al in a Teague/Noel trade occurs.

I haven't checked but I think Philly has capspace  and can absorb Jeff's salary if nothing else is added but like the report says it's  'a package'. If it's  a straight up deal we've gained $4.5 mil in capspace.

What this deal does is improve our big man rotation. Al still starts at C with Millsap at PF.  When Noel comes in he can either sub for Al or Millsap. Now the options to move or keep Splitter becomes easier. We can have a rotation of: 

Al and Sap

Noel or Splitter and Horford

Noel or Splitter and Sap.

It's about options.

Hmmmm may be a good idea to keep splitter unless Bud is ready to give  minutes to Edy but other than that I lot that BIG man rotation !!! Thats something we need...if we can pull in covington that would be icing on the cake!

1 minute ago, Eddielives said:

If we get Noel and Covington, our rebounding has taken a huge shot in the arm.  Covington crashes the boards as hard as any wing in the league.

You mean this as good or bad? Im taking it that this is good but "a huge shot in the arm" sounds like a bad way to put it.

I'm not sure it's gonna happen. How many deals are discussed three weeks prior to even being able to make a deal and going down? I mean, about 90% of deals come out of nowhere, specially when it applies to us. When was the last time we made a deal with anyone and knew about it well in advance? 

But this trade can open up so many options

You can keep Al, have him mentor Noel and then next year, he can finally slide down to PF. 

Also you can put Paul on the market (who has a better chance to get you more assets) or have him come off the bench (I know that is stupid but he would be more fresh down the stretch)

So many options right now.

Just now, Sothron said:

I'd rather have Okafor but Noels at center would give us a shot blocker and rebounder. I really like Covington as well.

Why does everyone like Covington?

Just now, Eddielives said:

I don't like his shooting percentage but he can hit 3's, rebounds very well and gets you a couple steals a game.  If Baze is gone, he's more than qualified to fill that hole.

He is like a DMC before he got to Hawks before he left.  With the player development system here, he is going to get better.

• Like 1

• Admin

I love the idea of Covington/Noel for JT plus change ... I really want it as Noel being our big of the bench ... It just makes us stronger to have Al back and for Noel to come in provide rim protection and rebounding.  It would answer a big need.  Covington has a lot of skill and would work great in this system.  He is in that mess over in Philly but get him with Bud and their crew ... his shot would get more consistent and he would def be someone who would contribute.  

• Like 4

I don't  know if this trade is real or not or if it happens in the long run, but what is does is increase Teague's value for the Hawks for all the other teams looking for a PG. I'm  cool with that.