With Whiz, Jeff! Ask for One With Whiz!

lethalweapon3

9 hours ago, Diesel said:

Wait a minute.  Al's caphold is 18.. you're right.   However, we will also have Hinrich.. We will also have about 8.    All and All that's a start of 31 if we maintain Baze's caphold.   Help me if I'm wrong.   Patterson and Moose is two More.. So that's 33 without having touched Baze.

So...

33 can get us a look at Durant, but I doubt he comes.

33 can definitely net us Barnes.

If the plan is to build a team around Barnes, why not start with pieces like:  Dennis, Sap, and Noel.  I'm sure we can appeal to Barnes' need to be "the man" and to his proximity.... closer to home.

We get Barnes at 23.. that leaves 10.. we can get Baze with about 11 -12 and we still a few million more.

I'm not interested in building a team around Barnes.   However, we can still keep Al with his $18 million caphold and still clear capspace to sign Barnes by renouncing Baze, trading Splitter and releasing Kirk.

I'd rather have a big man rotation of:

Millsap, Horford, Noel and Humprhries WITH Barnes,

Than

Millsap, Noel, Splitter and Humphries,  WITH Barnes and Bazemore.

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Know how I know you aren't from Pennsylvania?

(Hint: whiz is for tourist, strap hanging rubes)

family-feud-board-x.jpg

I'm a provolone man myself! And darn it, now I'm hungry for scrapple, too!

~lw3

12 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

NBA teams can begin trading as soon as THEIR season is over. We need to pull the trigger on this deal right now before it's gone. Noel+ Nik or Cov or both, I don't care just pull it. I don't think we get a better deal than this. I love Teague and think he has great value, but the rest of the NBA prolly doesn't see it like that. PULL IT NOW!!! That way we can know what we need on draft night and pull more deals.

BTW @kg01 go back to bed. Lol

I wish I could go back to bed .... :Olivia: but I digress ...

It's funny that the PHI fans are pretty up in arms about this deal thinking they're not getting enough value.  That's a low-key fanbase in terms of totally over-valuing their players.  Not on the level of BOS but they're up there.

I made the mortal mistake of looking at Realgm to get the pulse of other fans.  Never again.

12 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

family-feud-board-x.jpg

I'm a provolone man myself! And darn it, now I'm hungry for scrapple, too!

~lw3

Ok first this thread made me hungry yesterday...now again today....now I want a philly steak wit while debating if I'd rather have Nik or Cov...:-|

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's funny that the PHI fans are pretty up in arms about this deal thinking they're not getting enough value.  That's a low-key fanbase in terms of totally over-valuing their players.  Not on the level of BOS but they're up there.

I made the mortal mistake of looking at Realgm to get the pulse of other fans.  Never again.

Why do you even go to realgm? Do you enjoy Diesel quality posts that much?

ZIIIIIIIINNNNGGGG.... (I feel white right now)

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Why do you even go to realgm? Do you enjoy Diesel quality posts that much?

ZIIIIIIIINNNNGGGG.... (I feel white right now)

I like to know what other fanbases are thinking.  I wish there was a better all-NBA fansite.  I do enjoy Diesel's random feuds with posters.  Looks like he and Lurker are gettin' to know each other.

And don't you feel 'white' everyday? :laugh:

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ok first this thread made me hungry yesterday...now again today....now I want a philly steak wit while debating if I'd rather have Nik or Cov...:-|

It's a veritable cornucopia of either/both/or debates. Jeff or Dennis? Okafor or Noel? Horf and/or Sap? Covington and/or Castillo? Provolone or Whiz (Duff is right, though... Whiz is for cheese fries and Jersey Boys)... I'm just glad the main source is a reliable guy and nobody's tearing their hair out over something Peter Vecsey dreamed up.

~lw3

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Philly fans of any sport are a little different. They consistently beef about their teams bordering on some real hate and yet they value their roundball players in this case as if they can't get equal value for them no matter what a trade might wind up being. 

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

It's a veritable cornucopia of either/both/or debates. Jeff or Dennis? Okafor or Noel? Horf and/or Sap? Covington and/or Castillo? Provolone or Whiz (Duff is right, though... Whiz is for cheese fries and Jersey Boys)... I'm just glad the main source is a reliable guy and nobody's tearing their hair out over something Peter Vecsey dreamed up.

~lw3

The only good thing Vecsey ever did was coin the nickname "Milk Dud Head" for Barkley.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Even the SB Nation gang is flipping their powdered wig over the prospect of getting Jeffrey.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2016/6/2/11847806/sixers-trade-nerlens-noel-jeff-teague-bryan-colangelo

You have to remember, though, this is a fanbase that still seethes (rightfully) about the draft-time dealing away of Brad Daugherty (Roy Hinson, anyone?) and Moses Malone plus two future first-rounders (Jeff Ruland, anyone?). June is not their favorite month.

http://phillysportshistory.com/2011/06/22/25-years-agoharold-katz-sank-the-sixers-they-still-havent-recovered/

~lw3

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Even the SB Nation gang is flipping their powdered wig over the prospect of getting Jeffrey.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2016/6/2/11847806/sixers-trade-nerlens-noel-jeff-teague-bryan-colangelo

You have to remember, though, this is a fanbase that still seethes (rightfully) about the draft-time dealing away of Brad Daugherty (Roy Hinson, anyone?) and Moses Malone plus two future first-rounders (Jeff Ruland, anyone?). June is not their favorite month.

http://phillysportshistory.com/2011/06/22/25-years-agoharold-katz-sank-the-sixers-they-still-havent-recovered/

~lw3

A number of them believe that they should just continue to draft the best talent and it should all come together eventually. The also don't really respect Jeff's game or watch the Hawks much.  That's why they are fans and not GMs

• Like 1

They rather remember those screwup trades than their championship with Dr J and all the entertainment he brought to most games of his career with him.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

A number of them believe that they should just continue to draft the best talent and it should all come together eventually. The also don't really respect Jeff's game or watch the Hawks much.  That's why they are fans and not GMs

Many are still suffering from a touch of Stockholm Syndrome after all those years of Hinkie Panky. Admittedly, though, it's gotta be hard to suddenly shift from Trust The Process to Trust The Colangelos.

~lw3

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

As Amin alludes to, half of them are still drinking the Hinkie kool-aid from a fire hose (even after his firing) so the value they place on the fruits of that exercise is astronomical.

They look at it like a video game.  Just get a bunch-a high picks and bask in the glow of your shiny new toys after every draft.  Sooner or later your prospects magically grow from 78's to 90+ rating guys and you have a championship team ... right?

That said, for those who object because of the Colangelo's poor track record, I don't fault them.

I read someone that said something like this: "Teague is a below average PG on the wrong side of 30 for a once in a generation defensive player with the most upside in our roster. " 

I have a whole new level of appreciation for the posters here. Hell, even alex and lurker don't seem too bad anymore. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Sothron said:

I'd rather keep Millsap than Horford. I have Horford as my signature and I still can't believe how many here don't see how much Al has changed since that second pec tear. I'd rather have Noel/Millsap than Horford/Millsap.

This.

Plus.  Sap IS OUR DEFENSE!!

• Like 1

"Here’s the part of the deal that doesn’t completely make sense. If the Hawks intend to acquire Noel, it’s obviously with the intent of starting him. If we operate on the assumption that free agent  Al Horford re-signs with the team — and I still believe that’s the safe assumption — the deal would set up a front line of Noel, Horford and Paul Millsap. I’m having some difficulty picturing Millsap starting at small forward, even though he has played there some."

Schultz assumes a lot here but he is more into speculating and missing than actually reporting accurately.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Looks like the AJC is awake now.

~lw3

There are reasons to do a sign and trade, yet Jeff says reasons that don't make sense.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

Even if the stats back you up (they probably will) I don't see it that way. I think he's on a better team, but individually I believe his game has regressed.

Definitely.  More importantly... The impact is felt most on defense and in transition.   On defense, Horf's soft play is making it easier for teams to crowd the middle with Bigs and work us over on the boards.   When Horf wants to, he can show effort but for most of the time, he doesn't want to.   I'm tired of giving Horf a pass on his soft play and hoping that giving him 100 Million + over 4 years is going to help him to find his inner beast.   It's not.   He's softened up.  He wants to be a stretch 4, not a beast.

• Like 2