• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With Whiz, Jeff! Ask for One With Whiz!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Here’s the part of the deal that doesn’t completely make sense. If the Hawks intend to acquire Noel, it’s obviously with the intent of starting him. If we operate on the assumption that free agent  Al Horford re-signs with the team — and I still believe that’s the safe assumption — the deal would set up a front line of Noel, Horford and Paul Millsap. I’m having some difficulty picturing Millsap starting at small forward, even though he has played there some.

Schultz assumes a lot here but he is more into speculating and missing than actually reporting accurately.

I agree about Schultz.   Plus he doesn't know the NBA very well at all.   Noel doesn't have to start this year.    There are plenty of minutes as evidenced by Moose playing actual playoff minutes.     We'll sign Horford but Sap may be gone next year.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not interested in building a team around Barnes.   However, we can still keep Al with his $18 million caphold and still clear capspace to sign Barnes by renouncing Baze, trading Splitter and releasing Kirk.

I'd rather have a big man rotation of:

Millsap, Horford, Noel and Humprhries WITH Barnes,

Than

Millsap, Noel, Splitter and Humphries,  WITH Barnes and Bazemore.

The Baze question is a fair question.   Baze put up about 12/5 and 2 last season.  Similar to DMC his last season with us.   I would be for letting Baze Walk if I felt that THJr was ready to play some starters minutes at the 2.

I would only keep Horford for one reason... Trade material later.   I just don't think Horf makes us better at the 5 and I believe that his time on the court will slow the development of Noel at the 5 and will clash with Sap at the 4.  At the 4, I like the rotation of Sap, Scott, and Humphries.   I could go with you plan of keeping Horf... (momentarily)...  However, it would have to be:

Horf, Sap, Barnes, THJr, and Dennis with  Noel, Scott, Covington, Korver, and a PG with Stuakis, Humph, and Thabo as BUs.

However, Horf will eventually become trade material if he continues to play Soft.

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I agree about Schultz.   Plus he doesn't know the NBA very well at all.   Noel doesn't have to start this year.    There are plenty of minutes as evidenced by Moose playing actual playoff minutes.     We'll sign Horford but Sap may be gone next year.  

He doesn't have to start. He can be  great 3rd big.  With that said, Denver and Atlanta was hot on a deal during ASB and Atlanta pulled out because of making a playoff run. It wouldn't surprise me if Millsap was traded for Gallinari and the #7 and 15th pick.

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Mark Bradley likes that Schultz is around to take heat off of his own incompetent dogging articles.  Atlanta needs an infusion of quality sports writers.

• Like 2

Trade Millsap for starting SF or SG --> problem solved.

I really like this trade idea:

You get a 22-year old who can give you probably around 14/12 with  ~4 steals/block per game (right now)

Horford can play PF --> that is a big plus overall, I think

You can trade Millsap for a need on the wings --> big plus

Korver or Bazemore return to the bench --> bench gets significantly stronger

And the only risk is Schröder not being good enough. If you don't want to take that risk, what other options are there to adresss the needs of this team (rim protection ,rebounding, starting SG or SF)?

53 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I like to know what other fanbases are thinking.  I wish there was a better all-NBA fansite.  I do enjoy Diesel's random feuds with posters.  Looks like he and Lurker are gettin' to know each other.

And don't you feel 'white' everyday? :laugh:

For an all-NBA fansite, I find that reddit is pretty good. Everyone on there believes that we are getting a steal with a Teague for Noel swap.

I would be SHOCKED if Teague can net us Noel + Covington or Stauskas. I think we are getting a steal even if it is just a straight Teague swap for Noel. Teague is regressing and really hasn't shown the drive needed to be a winner. Plus he is an expiring contract that we most likely wouldn't resign. I'm all for this trade.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

I would be SHOCKED if Teague can net us Noel + Covington or Stauskas. I think we are getting a steal even if it is just a straight Teague swap for Noel. Teague is regressing and really hasn't shown the drive needed to be a winner. Plus he is an expiring contract that we most likely wouldn't resign. I'm all for this trade.

A lot of us don't value  Jeff Teague the way we should due to us losing to Cleveland two years in a row. You blame Al, Jeff and Millsap when they are some of the best players we had in our franchise history.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The Baze question is a fair question.   Baze put up about 12/5 and 2 last season.  Similar to DMC his last season with us.   I would be for letting Baze Walk if I felt that THJr was ready to play some starters minutes at the 2.

I would only keep Horford for one reason... Trade material later.   I just don't think Horf makes us better at the 5 and I believe that his time on the court will slow the development of Noel at the 5 and will clash with Sap at the 4.  At the 4, I like the rotation of Sap, Scott, and Humphries.   I could go with you plan of keeping Horf... (momentarily)...  However, it would have to be:

Horf, Sap, Barnes, THJr, and Dennis with  Noel, Scott, Covington, Korver, and a PG with Stuakis, Humph, and Thabo as BUs.

However, Horf will eventually become trade material if he continues to play Soft.

We finally agree on a little something  here - the option to move Horford later is always an option. 

We can't  be shortsighted in thinking because we get Noel, we don't need Sap or Horford immediately. Losing either at the expense of just Noel isn't making us better. Just moving checker pieces.

ADDING talent to what we already have makes us better.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Bankingitbig said:

Teague regressing?  Statistically yeah.  However, a lot of that's because his stats are dependent on the team.  When Korver is hitting shots, everybody is statistically better.   When Korver's having a bad year, it definitely effects his PG .   When you run a system like Budball, you have to expect that your stats are going to take a hit.  However, when you watch Teague play... Has he lost a step?  NO.  is his shooting bad?  No.  In fact, he shot more threes at a higher percentage than any point in his career.   I mean people like to talk about how Bad Teague is and immediately call other PGs name as better.  Check it out.. Teague is clearly better than Michael Conley who is in his contract year.  CLEARLY.. no debating.   However, it's again a case of us who underrate Teague.  Now, we want to say that Teague for Noel (who is very thin to play the position, who we project as a off the bench guy like Splitter) is a win for us??  Really?  When?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He doesn't have to start. He can be  great 3rd big.  With that said, Denver and Atlanta was hot on a deal during ASB and Atlanta pulled out because of making a playoff run. It wouldn't surprise me if Millsap was traded for Gallinari and the #7 and 15th pick.

Why would Denver do that? Millsap can opt out after next season and they're nowhere near getting to the playoffs. I'd be all over that trade, but I don't see why Denver would agree to that. If anything, I'd assume they will be looking for more picks or younger players.

Edited by DS5

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Don't forget Sap can be a free agent next year.  Noel may be insurance for Sap not Horf.

YOu don't need Sap insurance.  He loves Atlanta.   He came out after the playoffs and basically declared his undying devotion to Atlanta... Plus, we will be able to pay him a lot next year.  He's earned it.  I'd give him a 3 yr max.

7 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Don't forget Sap can be a free agent next year.  Noel may be insurance for Sap not Horf.

He ain't a replacement for Sap tho.  Different players, different impact IMHO.

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Teague regressing?  Statistically yeah.  However, a lot of that's because his stats are dependent on the team.  When Korver is hitting shots, everybody is statistically better.   When Korver's having a bad year, it definitely effects his PG .   When you run a system like Budball, you have to expect that your stats are going to take a hit.  However, when you watch Teague play... Has he lost a step?  NO.  is his shooting bad?  No.  In fact, he shot more threes at a higher percentage than any point in his career.   I mean people like to talk about how Bad Teague is and immediately call other PGs name as better.  Check it out.. Teague is clearly better than Michael Conley who is in his contract year.  CLEARLY.. no debating.   However, it's again a case of us who underrate Teague.  Now, we want to say that Teague for Noel (who is very thin to play the position, who we project as a off the bench guy like Splitter) is a win for us??  Really?  When?

I agree with the 1st half of what you wrote.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We finally agree on a little something  here - the option to move Horford later is always an option. 

We can't  be shortsighted in thinking because we get Noel, we don't need Sap or Horford immediately. Losing either at the expense of just Noel isn't making us better. Just moving checker pieces.

ADDING talent to what we already have makes us better.

Agreed. Would help us against Thompson and others in the paint when we met the Cavs again next year. Would be surprised if we don't have that playoff battle. 

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He ain't a replacement for Sap tho.  Different players, different impact IMHO.

Sap and Horford are excellent players. It's hard to replace very good players. Top 20 guys aren't all over the NBA.