• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Lebron James is finished, the Hawks can take the East.

Hawkmoor

Just now, kg01 said:

Not enough all-caps and non-sequiturs.  Do better.

I was already working on 8 shots of Everclear just to get that performance out.  I aint Daniel Day-Lewis or the guy that did King Kong/Smeagol,  I can't just method act the shit out of these guys.

40 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

I was already working on 8 shots of Everclear just to get that performance out.  I aint Daniel Day-Lewis or the guy that did King Kong/Smeagol,  I can't just method act the shit out of these guys.

Excuses, eggscuses.  Sounds like you should've doubled the shots, thrown in some quaaludes and cut back on the heron.  Too bad @Dolfan23 got locked up again.  He would've been able to tighten you up nice.

What was this thread about again?

28 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

FfnvQQD.gif

ugmm, you were saying something?

That's not bad.  Photoshop in a coupla trailer-park chix and you got @hawksfanatic on a random Tuesday night.  Don't sleep on trailer-park chix ... or they'll rob you blind.  Or so I've heard ... from hawksfanatic.

20 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Honestly, no.  that's the overly simplistic view much like it's overly simplistic to say "all you need to stop All Time Hall Of Famer X is Y".   If it was so easy how come they became All Time Hall of Famers then?  LeBron has had the most trouble going against the teams more talented and balanced than his, period.

Let's just overlook All World perimeter defender Paul George not only making LeBron's life hell on offense while nearly matching him point for point on defense and give credit to soon to be out the league  Hibbert.

let's also continue the most overrated two game sample of Biyombo's career.  LeBron shot 62% against the Raptors, yes, 62 fricking percent.  What, did Biyombo hold him below 100% shooting?

Both the Spurs and Warriors went small against LeBron.  The Spurs had DPOY winner and Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard in addition to Diaw becoming the 6'8" reincarnation of Bill Walton and Hakeem Olajuwon.  The Warriors moving Bogut to the bench and starting  Finals MVP and All League defender Iguodala is what turned their previous series around against the Cavs.

The Bulls never challenged LeBron outside of the media trying to prop them up but they still had All World defenders in Deng and Butler on the perimeter, the latter of which was able to duplicate some of what Paul George was able to do.

Dallas had the perfect storm of squeezing the last bit of juice out of Deshawn Stevenson and Shaw Marion while forcing LeBron to guard Jason Terry's reincarnation of prime Joe Dumars.

To say a player that is still better than 99% of the league is done is asinine much like it's equally asinine to say that one singular ingredient has been all it takes to make LeBron wake up in night sweats.

oh and I forgot 

LMAO

I mean it's not for a lack of defense as to why we lost on the perimeter throughout the season. 

35 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I hope we get a washed up player that can lead the hawks on a 12-2 eastern conference playoff run next year.  

Sigh.  Legler is on NBARadio and he just tore apart the Hawks "defense" of LeighBorn.  Said it's 'silly' to guard him so far from the basket with these false-pressure traps and a guy (*cough* Bazemore *cough*) running up to LeeBrun with the 'bravado' of getting up in his chest to "defend" him.

Said all that does is ensures guys get open shots (which we all saw ad nauseum) or ensures 2 defenders are behind the play (when he beats your double).  Ouch, Budz.

That we were so clearly outclassed still hurts even after all this time.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Sigh.  Legler is on NBARadio and he just tore apart the Hawks "defense" of LeighBorn.  Said it's 'silly' to guard him so far from the basket with these false-pressure traps and a guy (*cough* Bazemore *cough*) running up to LeeBrun with the 'bravado' of getting up in his chest to "defend" him.

Said all that does is ensures guys get open shots (which we all saw ad nauseum) or ensures 2 defenders are behind the play (when he beats your double).  Ouch, Budz.

These coaches from Thibodeau's coaching tree seems to be the only ones giving him a hard time - Andy Greer (Toronto), Ron Adams (Golden State).  Hawks need to get one. It's definitely a difference in GS and TOR pre-Greer/Adams and now. 

7 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

These coaches from Thibodeau's coaching tree seems to be the only ones giving him a hard time - Andy Greer (Toronto), Ron Adams (Golden State).  Hawks need to get one. It's definitely a difference in GS and TOR pre-Greer/Adams and now. 

Interesting observation.  It could be they have him figured out.  Could be the fact that he's lost a step and they're daring him to beat them single-handedly (and he can't).

We do have an open spot on the coaching staff.  I wouldn't mind seeing a non-Spur disciple come in with some fresh ideas.  Can't hurt.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

The worst part about it all is Toronto after they got destroyed in the first two games switched to the Hawks game plan defensively except for when LeBron goes in the post, put a big man on him at all times and made most of the Hawks on defense in the series prior look horrible. They packed the paint and let them shoot threes but contested enough of them to cool them off. It showed that guys like Millsap and Teague were so LAZY on D in that series and goes back to my feeling that LeBron is in this team's veterans heads.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Interesting observation.  It could be they have him figured out.  Could be the fact that he's lost a step and they're daring him to beat them single-handedly (and he can't).

We do have an open spot on the coaching staff.  I wouldn't mind seeing a non-Spur disciple come in with some fresh ideas.  Can't hurt.

Yeah true. I feel it definitely comes down to coaching, it's not like TOR/GS have a prime Scottie Pippen/prime Ron Artest guarding him.

Definitely better than what ATL did, double teaming anybody who had the ball and even switching smaller players on LeBron.

Edited by BigDog90
  • Like 1

Lebron didn't allow JR Smith any shots in second half of game 4.  I wish Lebron would play with this kind of stupidity against the Hawks, but no he is always all in every aspect against the Hawks.  Lebron, your domination of the Hawks doesn't mean anything, or get you anywhere,  ha, ha.   It is funny, i am enjoying Lebron lose championships almost more than i enjoy my teams winning.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

Lebron didn't allow JR Smith any shots in second half of game 4.  I wish Lebron would play with this kind of stupidity against the Hawks, but no he is always all in every aspect against the Hawks.  Lebron, your domination of the Hawks doesn't mean anything, or get you anywhere,  ha, ha.   It is funny, i am enjoying Lebron lose championships almost more than i enjoy my teams winning.

Cavs and LeBron are a team full of front runners. As Dicken's would say they're the best in the best of times and the worst in the worst of times. 

They can't bully the Warriors, so they are getting owned. I wish they had gotten swept.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

Cavs and LeBron are a team full of front runners. As Dicken's would say they're the best in the best of times and the worst in the worst of times. 

They can't bully the Warriors, so they are getting owned. I wish they had gotten swept.

A great quote ATL. Wish the Cavs had kept their best of times to practice time against us in our series. 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Speaking of that.  Draymont Green not in the lineup, Lebron goes off.

Amazing how one key player being out, can change a defense.

LeBron is also historically epic with the series on the line.   I don't remember the numbers but I saw them in advance of game 5 and they were something like 32 points and near 10 assists and rebounds.

Here is a bit of an article on his elimination game performance from last year.  I can't easily find the numbers I remember reading earlier this week:

LeBron James is averaging 31.9 points in 14 career elimination games.  That's the highest scoring average in NBA history for a minimum of 5 playoff elimination games. - See more at: http://www.techtimes.com/articles/60566/20150615/when-lebron-james-faces-playoff-elimination-numbers.htm#sthash.YVvCEgYq.dpuf

• Like 2