• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Teague Traded to Pacers!!!!

Wurider05

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, DS5 said:

Way I see it, this trade opens a lot more doors. We can now sign a player to a max deal PLUS Horford. We can also package our multiple picks and move up, or trade for another good player. All of this for someone who has only a year left in the contract and we already have his replacement in our team. 

We'll see what we do now, but right now, I think this is a pretty good move by the Hawks, if anything, to just have more options on the table at draft night.

I really hope you dont have to eat those words, I really do.........

2 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Way I see it, this trade opens a lot more doors. We can now sign a player to a max deal PLUS Horford. We can also package our multiple picks and move up, or trade for another good player. All of this for someone who has only a year left in the contract and we already have his replacement in our team. 

We'll see what we do now, but right now, I think this is a pretty good move by the Hawks, if anything, to just have more options on the table at draft night.

We could already do that before the trade.

2 minutes ago, DS5 said:

You are right. Problem is, THAT player is Baze.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Twinblade said:

Hawks could've traded Teague for a player that could improve this team, instead we trade teague just so we can resign AL? Not to mention hawks already wanting to trade the draft picks just to help resign AL too. So yes this is a dumb move, unless they can trade those picks for a player that will improve this team.

What players was anyone offering for Teague? The only rumors at the deadlines included a long list of bums. Who in their right mind would trade a significant asset for Teague when there is 0% guarantee he plays for them past next year? Players like George Hill or Trey Burke were about as good as we could hope for as far as players, and as far as picks go, getting the twelfth is pretty much as good as we were gonna get. That's just common sense. Keeping Teague would have been a huge mistake because we already have a PG who is going to eclipse Teague in a year or two on the roster, and he is cheaper and younger. So looking past next year all Teague does is handcuff us during Free Agency. 

People have no idea what we are gonna do in FA and draft, so let's hold on to see what is done before we judge this move. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I called it. I said over and over they was gonna trot the same team out there next season and sell that to Atlanta... I dont know which player i can't stand the most, Baze or Horford?

It's already a substantially different lineup now no matter what happens. Dennis will start and play no less than thirty minutes a game with or without obvious growing pains. Coaching has to stay after him on his perimeter game.  

Just now, Thomas said:

It's already a substantially different lineup now no matter what happens. Dennis will start and play no less than thirty minutes a game with or without obvious growing pains. Coaching has to stay after him on his perimeter game.  

How is it different than last year. Dennis BEEN getting substantial minutes. Dude been closing games for the Hawks.  Heck, he closed the playoffs for them against Cleveland.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

What players was anyone offering for Teague? The only rumors at the deadlines included a long list of bums. Who in their right mind would trade a significant asset for Teague when there is 0% guarantee he plays for them past next year? Players like George Hill or Trey Burke were about as good as we could hope for as far as players, and as far as picks go, getting the twelfth is pretty much as good as we were gonna get. That's just common sense. Keeping Teague would have been a huge mistake because we already have a PG who is going to eclipse Teague in a year or two on the roster, and he is cheaper and younger. So looking past next year all Teague does is handcuff us during Free Agency. 

People have no idea what we are gonna do in FA and draft, so let's hold on to see what is done before we judge this move. 

Teague for Noel straight up would improve this team.

3 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I thought we had to dump some contracts to make room? 

Thats not how it was explained to me...we could have signed a max contract but not a full max contract like we probably can now. But we always had the cap to throw money at least one star player (not that, that star would have came but...yeah)

Just now, Hawkmoor said:

How is it different than last year. Dennis BEEN getting substantial minutes. Dude been closing games for the Hawks.  Heck, he closed the playoffs for them against Cleveland.

He closed two games in the playoffs against the Cavs and will absolutely start all our games now. Don't really know our starting SF. Pretty sure our C is the same. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

Dennis averaged 20 mpg in the regular season and 19 mpg in the playoffs... He will be averaging closer to 36 minutes now as the starting PG. Hence, a huge difference. Though in the short term, I doubt it makes us better. This move, however, is clearly one made for the long term of this franchise. Dennis will begin the next stage of his development, we will have more cap room to sign Baze, Horford, or whoever the heck else is available this year, and we get an extra pick. It's not a franchise fixing  move, but it is the right move at this juncture.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Obviously this team needed to improve over the offseason.   If they Moved Teague just to have caproom for Horford and Baze, then its a step back imo.  Teague no matter what anyone thinks is a major talent.  I can see the Pacers front office throwing a party tonite.

• Like 3