• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Does this mean Goodbye Baze?

Diesel

• Premium Member

011616_kent.jpg

In last night's draft we picked up 2 Sfs.  Now I know Bud has been about as good as Woody in terms of letting Rooks play.  However, when you look at our roster, what choice do we have?

As I stand back and count.. we have:

Prince, Bembry, Korver, Thabo, THJr, and Patterson all manning the 2 and 3 positions.   If there are no trades to come, can we justify resigning Baze and making it 7 guys between the 2 and 3?

What do you think?

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

From ATL brass, nope. Resigning Bazemore and Al is critical. 

Dennis

Korver

Bazemore

Sap

Horford

We will probably look into sign a PG in FA. 

We need 2 BUs...

Rubio and Marcus Paige.

Supers' comments (which I don't doubt) notwithstanding, it does seem to create a legit nimbers question.  You take 2 wangs and expect to do what with them if you also plan to make a big offer to Baze (who's clearly not a starter on a team expecting to do anything)?  I'm really questioning Wilcox right about now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us going after Lin, Augustin or Sessions.  I never expected us to draft a backup PG.

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Supers' comments (which I don't doubt) notwithstanding, it does seem to create a legit nimbers question.  You take 2 wangs and expect to do what with them if you also plan to make a big offer to Baze (who's clearly not a starter on a team expecting to do anything)?  I'm really questioning Wilcox right about now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us going after Lin, Augustin or Sessions.  I never expected us to draft a backup PG.

I thought about Augustin too.   I think Lin is going to price himself out of our range.   Sessions I never considered.  I don't know if he can shoot.   I like the defense that Sessions plays but he is nowhere close to the shooters that Augustin and Lin are.   Shooting is something that will have to be like air to us. 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I thought about Augustin too.   I think Lin is going to price himself out of our range.   Sessions I never considered.  I don't know if he can shoot.   I like the defense that Sessions plays but he is nowhere close to the shooters that Augustin and Lin are.   Shooting is something that will have to be like air to us. 

Lin was only making about $3mil though?  He ain't gon' get that much unless I'm just reading the market wrong.  He'll get backup offers, not starting opps.

18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

011616_kent.jpg

In last night's draft we picked up 2 Sfs.  Now I know Bud has been about as good as Woody in terms of letting Rooks play.  However, when you look at our roster, what choice do we have?

As I stand back and count.. we have:

Prince, Bembry, Korver, Thabo, THJr, and Patterson all manning the 2 and 3 positions.   If there are no trades to come, can we justify resigning Baze and making it 7 guys between the 2 and 3?

What do you think?

At some point last season Bud realized Lamar just can't shoot, only pass.

Sadly, they are still likely to overpaid Baze.
Tim Hardaway jr was a 3rd years player and still spent half the season either in the d-league  or inactive.
I don't rookies will play much at all.

I hope there is more to the plan then bringing back Horf and Baze and adding rookies, and a back up PG. If that's all they do then we will remain in the middle of the pack.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pimp said:

I hope there is more to the plan then bringing back Horf and Baze and adding rookies, and a back up PG. If that's all they do then we will remain in the middle of the pack.

Me too.

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

From ATL brass, nope. Resigning Bazemore and Al is critical. 

Dennis

Korver

Bazemore

Sap

Horford

We will probably look into sign a PG in FA. 

That's probably what's gonna happen....

That's not a very good team imo .
There's no go to Player.
Korver and Baze should'nt be starters,
Sap is anti-clutch  ,
 Horford  can't rebound, and Dennis needs to greatly improve his shot selection .
I don't understand what the goal is for this team next season.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

Starting to think that the Teague trade was more about getting more money to re-sign Bazemore.

I'd be disappointed if that's the case - really disappointed.

I've been crunching the nimbers (disclaimer: these are all approximations):

After adding our rookies and guaranteed contracts we are at $48 million in total guarantees.

Adding Al's caphold of $18 million (I've resigned myself to the fact he will be back) that brings us to $66 million, so our capspace is at $28 million (I didn't include things like incomplete roster charges etc).

So how do we best use that $28 million?  Do we pick up the options of Scott ($3.3 mil) and  Moose ($1 mil)?  that leaves $24 mil.

So what do we do with $24 million???

However......................

I'm getting nervous because when I look really closely.....If we use capspace to resign Al at $27 million, pick up the options for Scott and Moose that leaves us with $14 million in capsapce for.............................gulp...............................Bazemore.  

That way the Hawks stay right at the $94 million cap.  Using the LLE to bring back Humphries and a backup PG.

I hope I'm dead  ass wrong.

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

.If we use capspace to resign Al at $27 million, pick up the options for Scott and Moose that leaves us with $14 million  in capsapce for.............................gulp...............................Bazemore

My thoughts on that...
.DeAndre-Jordan-Face-After-Brandon-Knight

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

After adding our rookies and guaranteed contracts we are at $48 million in total guarantees.

Adding Al's caphold of $18 million (I've resigned myself to the fact he will be back) that brings us to $66 million, so our capspace is at $28 million (I didn't include things like incomplete roster charges etc).

So how do we best use that $28 million?  Do we pick up the options of Scott ($3.3 mil) and  Moose ($1 mil)?  that leaves $24 mil.

I'm getting nervous because when I look really closely.....If we use capspace to resign Al at $27 million, pick up the options for Scott and Moose that leaves us with $14 million in capsapce for.............................gulp...............................Bazemore.  

That way the Hawks stay right at the $94 million cap.  Using the LLE to bring back Humphries and a backup PG.

Hate to say it, but prepare yourself to be.

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And below would be the fans' reaction when they start trying to sell season tickets...

cosby bs.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dejay said:

And below would be the fans' reaction when they start trying to sell season tickets...

cosby bs.jpg

I've already got my reaction...

this_is_bullshit_the_wire.gif