• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Does this mean Goodbye Baze?

Diesel

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Kinda funny that Diesel thinks Childress could shoot the 3....comical 

Childress had terrible mechanics.. but when he got enough space to  let that chest shot go, it went in.  For us he shot 49, 34, and 37% from three. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Childress had terrible mechanics.. but when he got enough space to  let that chest shot go, it went in.  For us he shot 49, 34, and 37% from three. 

He was a career 33% guy who averaged less than 1 attempt per game.  He could hit the wide open ones OK but that was it.  Very limited from deep.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Chill didn't even take one ATTEMPT per game...saying he was a good three point shooter is just comedy gold. It's gold, Jerry, it's gold!

Insert someone with the Seinfield gif or IMG of that.

Thats-Gold-Jerry-Gold-Kenny-Bania-Seinfe

You owe me, sun.

I think Baze is gone. I like the kid, don't love the player. I think we spend that cap on a good backup big and a good back-up guard.

(Hypothetical by the end of the season)

1. Schröder/Lin

2. Korver/Bembry

3. Prince/Thabo

4. Sap

5. Horford/Gasol (if he can handle being a backup)

Edit: I also like Teletovic to replace Mike Scott, if he's fairly cheap. Forgot about Splitter. Ugh, what a disappointment he was.

Edited by TheFuzz

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I'm at work where IT is like block this, block that block everything. So thank you for putting that up for me. :)

Well, maybe if you stop illegal gambling at work they'll unblock your web privileges.  Ha, now that's gold.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

He was a career 33% guy who averaged less than 1 attempt per game.  He could hit the wide open ones OK but that was it.  Very limited from deep.

Kinda weird how I basically said this in the post before and get no likes, then AHF comes swooping in and everyone is on it like stank on shit. Lol.

In any event, Childress sucked at outside shooting. And if ur wondering, yes, I'm a whore for "likes"....lol

I say NO to Bazemore. He's just a (not so good) role player Bud healed.

Plan A: keep Al, try to sign one of the few FA sf - Barnes or Batum.

Plan B (since I don't see plan A coming): try to get Ariza from Hou (since there were rumors about him leaving), he's a good 3&D player with an excellent  contract (i.e. valuable asset). 

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

011616_kent.jpg

In last night's draft we picked up 2 Sfs.  Now I know Bud has been about as good as Woody in terms of letting Rooks play.  However, when you look at our roster, what choice do we have?

As I stand back and count.. we have:

Prince, Bembry, Korver, Thabo, THJr, and Patterson all manning the 2 and 3 positions.   If there are no trades to come, can we justify resigning Baze and making it 7 guys between the 2 and 3?

What do you think?

This draft should take us out of the Harrison Barnes sweepstakes as well..Thank God..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Kinda weird how I basically said this in the post before and get no likes, then AHF comes swooping in and everyone is on it like stank on shit. Lol.

In any event, Childress sucked at outside shooting. And if ur wondering, yes, I'm a whore for "likes"....lol

What can I say?  I am a sh*ttier poster.

Here's what other teams fans think about how much their teams may offer Bazemore:

Post#2 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Yesterday 8:08 pm

He'll get 16-17 million a year. 

#3 » by Karmaloop » Yesterday 8:18 pm

I'd easily offer him 4/$60M for him for the Lakers

Post#4 » by Kizz Fastfists » Yesterday 8:31 pm

4yr/$72M to play for Philly

#6 » by Jon1798 » Yesterday 9:58 pm

I think $16-$18. Most here think we'll make a big play with Danny Ferry on board

Unread post#8 » by Soulyss » Today 1:22 am

If Portland strikes out on Plan A... I could see Bazemore getting 4yrs/70 Million from Portland

Unread post#11 » by DiamondParoxysm » Today 8:58 am

I think he can get 4/80 from sacramento for example, but most likely 4/65 from a possible playoff team or a non-kings team with a starting job. could see 1+1 at like 20 as well (doubt that happens

Unread post#13 » by knickst4pe » Today 9:33 am

hope the knicks sign him. starting salary at about 16 million I think

Crazy Stuff.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=48163365#p48163365

Looks like we have become the one stop shop for taking a young or journeyman type of player from decent gameplay to quite good gameplay and very rich quickly.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2016 at 1:45 PM, RamblinCharger said:

I highly doubt we bring back Baze after drafting 2 wings.

But we also have two aging wings that are going into the final year of their contracts, and need to be replaced. I hope we are able to hang on to Baze and move Thabo or Korver for cap space instead. Baze is a starting caliber player in his prime, those other two aren't anymore. And yes, I know how much Korver means to our spacing. That's why I would like to see him coming off the bench and us moving Thabo.

On 6/24/2016 at 5:25 PM, terrell said:

This draft should take us out of the Harrison Barnes sweepstakes as well..Thank God..

I think you might end up being surprised here. 

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's what other teams fans think about how much their teams may offer Bazemore:

Crazy Stuff.

Not really. Baze is criminally undervalued by a lot of people here. Similar to DMC who a lot of people thought we were going to be able to resign for no more than $6M per year before the 2014-15 season started.

Do remember after DMC's first season here thinking we would extend him for five or six million per year. During the next season the ten million amount was discussed a lot. Then the next thing I knew Orlando was offering Sap big and Toronto made that big offer to DMC. Jumped from 2.5 million to 15 million in two years which sounds like a great stock pick. It was fun watching him here while it lasted.

42 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Looks like we have become the one stop shop for taking a young or journeyman type of player from decent gameplay to quite good gameplay and very rich quickly.

Yeah, we help them reach their potential, and in doing so, put them out of our price range.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

If that is what the market is giving I would offer the max to Batum first, better value per $

I think most agree with that. The problem is that Charlotte will most likely max him out as well, and everything Batum has indicated is that he wants to return to Charlotte.