• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SummerHawks

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

No really, I'm being serious. One of Bud's downfalls in my eyes are he's too allergic to young players. Don't use Hardaway Jr as one example of him not being allergic.

He's allergic to not putting players on the floor that aren't ready yet...

And rightfully so.

• Like 1

Just now, Lurker said:

No really, I'm being serious. One of Bud's downfalls in my eyes are he's too allergic to young players. Don't use Hardaway Jr as one example of him not being allergic.

I feel the same. And I hate when fans support that bs. everytime we get a young player "oh he just isn't ready" smh how the hell is he gonna get ready? by playing NBA 2k on Hall of Fame?

• Like 2

Just now, RandomFan said:

He's allergic to not putting players on the floor that aren't ready yet...

And rightfully so.

It's not rightful. You see. Bud's system isn't that hard to learn. What you're hearing are lies. It's similar to some college systems.

Just now, Cwell said:

I feel the same. And I hate when fans support that bs. everytime we get a young player "oh he just isn't ready" smh how the hell is he gonna get ready? by playing NBA 2k on Hall of Fame?

Bingo.

3 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Are you really asking this ignorant of a question? How did Baze get better the first half of his first year here? It wasn't from playing, becuase he barely did. We have the best developmental staff in the NBA, that's how. Games aren't the only place to develop and improve.

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

It's not rightful. You see. Bud's system isn't that hard to learn. What you're hearing are lies. It's similar to some college systems.

Who said anything about it being system related? It's about not being ready to compete against NBA level players. Bud doesn't put players in the game that haven't demonstrated they are ready for that in practice and in skill sessions. Bud knows what he wants his players to be able to do in order to put them on the floor. YOU don't, so stop pretending you know better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Are you really asking this ignorant of a question? How did Baze get better the first half of his first year here? It wasn't from playing, becuase he barely did. We have the best developmental staff in the NBA, that's how. Games aren't the only place to develop and improve.

Who said anything about it being system related? It's about not being ready to compete against NBA level players. Bud doesn't put players in the game that haven't demonstrated they are ready for that in practice and in skill sessions. Bud knows what he wants his players to be able to do in order to put them on the floor. YOU don't, so stop pretending you know better.

As far as I care, Bazemore is still that same erratic guy, just with a better shot. Stop touting the developmental staff.

You're going to see it's system related, as Prince is NBA ready, and frankly, Bembry could help in a limited role if he understands his role.

I mean with Prince it's what you see is what you get from him, there's nothing much you can change.

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Bud is allergic to letting rookies learn via losses on the season record, wisely lets them learn in practice and D-League :Bud:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hazer said:

Bud is allergic to letting rookies learn via losses on the season record, wisely lets them learn in practice and D-League :Bud:

Why care if it's going to lead to a few extra losses? Team is going to be totally smashed by Cleveland if they make the playoffs anyway.

**I don't care if it leads to a few extra losses.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Stop touting the developmental staff.

I mean with Prince it's what you see is what you get from him, there's nothing much you can change.

And with those two ridiculous statements, we're done here.

• Like 1

Successful coaches find a way to get their young talented players play time. U see what giving all the minutes to guys like Korver all regular gets u when playoff time comes. I dgaf what anybody says, i'll never support the young players riding the bench while playing underwhelming average vets philosophy. That's Woody-esque

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

And with those two ridiculous statements, we're done here.

I'm not joking. Most scouts say he's not going to develop much more than he has outside of his defensive skills considering that Baylor plays a zone defense. Making Prince ride the bench for half of the season is going to be wasting his time.