SummerHawks

lethalweapon3

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am watching the game right now.

Edy athletic ability is night and day better.

Cordinier is an excellent talent. He has it all. 

Cordinier just needs to tighten his handle and slow the game down in his mind.  He makes some silly turnovers at times because of his inexperience.  He is blindingly quick and athletic as all get out but needs to understand that at the next level, you can't blow by every defender.  Needs to in the gym and do those dribbling drills day and night.  If he tightens his handle, it will open up his game a bunch.  All of this comes with time and motivation.  He has the motivation, but he's just 19.  Needs some time to fix his flaws.  His set jumper is pretty and high arcing.  Can finish at the rim with highlight athleticism.   Those are great tools to start with...

• Like 4

This wasn't a slight directed at you.  During the entire summer league, people on these boards have been ragging on this guy and questioning his ability.  He's doing what he is supposed to do; protect the paint, rebound and finish on his deep posts.  Teams literally abandon the thought of driving in the paint when he is in the game.  There is a huge difference when he is in the game vs when Costello or Ashley is manning the 5.

Sure, he has bobbled some passes and brought the ball down low at times, but he has shown a stark improvement in overall awareness on the basketball court.  He had disrupted a ton of shots, and when he gets a post catch, it's over.   He is also a very good free throw shooter for a big.

All in all,  Edy has a lot of growing to do, but his upside is high.  Like Gobert high...  He has done nothing but improve.  Definitely looks better than Moose last year, who got a lot of burn in the playoffs, in the summer league.  The guy just needs playing time...

I agree with this. And I think Dwight is going to help him develop his game also. If he ends up making the impact in NBA games that Gobert makes then I think we will all be very happy.

• Like 2

Yes, it would be really great if Edy steps up this season and proves he will be ready for the backup center job for 2017. That would allow us to focus our draft and free agency on a young backup PF to develop behing Millsap, and either a backup SF for Prince or a starter in front of him.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Somebody get a hand up on DuDu out there at the 3pt line! Aside from that, hard not to be pleased with the Coming to America tandem of Prince and Edy thus far.

~lw3

Wait who is DuDu? Because I have my own weird nicknames for players and of my go to one's in the last few years has been DuDu's rant (KD)... Obviously this was a sac queen tho..

11 hours ago, AHF said:

Why bother?  My lw3 updater runs only a few second behind the game tracker.

I feel the same in the chat room of regular season games...I don't know if his feed is faster but I see a block and .007 seconds later I see the ET/Who wants to sex Mutanga finger up. Either lw3's got the fastest fingers in the west or I may need to update some tech shit up in this bia.

Not trying to be pessimistic just realistic

Prince looks a little slow for me for the NBA level, I doubt he can penetrate so easy at NBA, needs to be a lot quicker

Bembry has a slow release on his jumpshot, is going to be blocked quite often

Taurean Prince, DeAndre Bembry turning heads with summer league performance

Summer league success doesn’t always translate to regular season success but the Atlanta Hawks have to feel pretty good about what they have seen so far from first round picks Taurean Prince and DeAndre Bembry. Both players have played key roles in Atlanta’s 3-1 start and made their presence felt in a big way in Wednesday’s win over the Sacramento Kings.

Prince turned heads against the Kings with a game-high 21 points and nine rebounds. He was playing in just his second summer league game after his debut was held up while waiting for the league to approve the three-team trade by which the Hawks acquired him. Prince put up a good showing in Monday’s debut despite not having practice before being cleared to play, but looked much more comfortable on Wednesday.

"A little more confident,” Prince answered when asked about his improvement from Game 1. “Just having that one under your belt, gives you a lot more confidence as far as just doing what you want to do."

Prince was aggressive in attacking the basket against the Kings and got to the free throw line nine times in the game.

"I love that about him,” Taylor Jenkins said when asked about Prince’s improvement from Game 1. “He responded from the first game to the second game. He knew the mistakes he was making, the shots he was turning down. He's trying to play the right way at the end of the day. He's not trying to do too much.... That definitely showed today. He had an aggressive mentality and was going out there trying to make the simple play."

Bembry was no slouch either finishing with 13 points and five rebounds while going 5 for 8 from the field. Bembry has done a little bit of everything for the Hawks in the first four games of summer league averaging 10.8 points, 4.8 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 1.2 steals.

Having watched DeMarre Carroll and Kent Bazemore reap big paydays in each of the last two offseasons, the Hawks know well how hot of a commodity solid wing players are in today’s NBA. So far Prince and Bembry are passing every test.

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2016/7/14/12185266/taurean-prince-deandre-bembry-atlanta-hawks

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Wait who is DuDu? Because I have my own weird nicknames for players and of my go to one's in the last few years has been DuDu's rant (KD)... Obviously this was a sac queen tho..

Yeah, it was the recently-waived Duje Dukan, who is still on the Kings' Summer League roster. He was unconscious midway through the first quarter (11 points in under 3 minutes), and then only saw the ball once more for the rest of the game, because Kings Gotta Kings.

~lw3

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Yes, it would be really great if Edy steps up this season and proves he will be ready for the backup center job for 2017. That would allow us to focus our draft and free agency on a young backup PF to develop behing Millsap, and either a backup SF for Prince or a starter in front of him.

And we could possibly utilize a "twin tower" lineup, when appropriate, with Edy at center and Howard at PF.  I think I remember Howard playing PF alongside another big guy at one point, I just can't remember who it was now.

Finally,, I got to see a short, under 2 minutes, hi light of the game.  Sure be happy when the season begins

so I can watch!

Noticed , in the box score, our Edy center had no fouls, 9 rebounds AND 3 steals!  Shades of our PF!

• Like 2

No chatroom for Summer league?  WTH?  I'm loving these two 1st Round "rookies."  

Both are smart, tough, and opportunistic.  Nice dribble/pass/shoot skills and don't mind hitting the glass.  Move very fluidly on the floor with good body language.  Many "superstars" don't have the intelligence or energy to keep their hands in passing lanes.  These kids' hands are always up.  I'm much more excited about their development than anything associated with Dwight.

Edited by benhillboy

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Finally,, I got to see a short, under 2 minutes, hi light of the game.  Sure be happy when the season begins

so I can watch!

Noticed , in the box score, our Edy center had no fouls, 9 rebounds AND 3 steals!  Shades of our PF!

He looked great

Edy looking much more confident.  I hope Prince isn't headed for a career full of injury.  He does everything pretty damn hard.

What is Wes Wilcox's background in summary?  It's my first time hearing him speak. He doesn't sound (or look) like a "basketball guy."