• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Harrison Barnes to Hawks?

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

OMFG, there's so much win in this thread.  First of all, has AHF been hacked?  This is like the second hilarious post he's made today.

First, that's called "****-eyed".  Look it up, pretty sure that's a scientifical term.  Also, lol at thinking that's Stephen A.  Wait, you tryna say we all look alike?! :argh:

I couldn't recall his name at the time, I just knew it was one of those guys who likes to post rumors with ***questionable*** basis in facts.  Naw, nobody looks like anybody else! 

13 minutes ago, terrell said:

only 3 sf's.  Thabo, Barnes, and Prince. The rest are 2's in the NBA imo..And I can see either Kyle or Thabo, (and/or THJ) involved in some sort of trade for a backup pg/big..

Dennis/Baze/Barnes/Paul/Al

Augustine?/Korver/Prince/Scott/new center from trade

Hinrich/Bembry/Moose/Splitter

Ya I'd try and deal Scott and hardaway in a trade but I think we have to keep Korver if we are resigning Horford. If we don't resign Horford then Korver could go too, but I love Korver and I think he's not only our best perimeter scorer but also serves as a shooting coach for us to mentor the rookies and younger guys on our roster. 

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

Isn't that three days from the day he actually signs the offer sheet?

I think it's three days from the signing of the offer, but the offer can't be officially signed until the moratorium is over.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya I'd try and deal Scott and hardaway in a trade but I think we have to keep Korver if we are resigning Horford. If we don't resign Horford then Korver could go too, but I love Korver and I think he's not only our best perimeter scorer but also serves as a shooting coach for us to mentor the rookies and younger guys on our roster. 

Agree about Korver already being like a shooting coach for us and it would be nice to have him around after his playing days are done as well. Would like to keep THJ and see how much he will improve in year two with both our staff and Korver working with him. Hopeful enough improvement we sign him long term.

18 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I couldn't recall his name at the time, I just knew it was one of those guys who likes to post rumors with ***questionable*** basis in facts.  Naw, nobody looks like anybody else! 

I know, brutha.  Just messin' witcha.

And, yes, in terms of dudes that just randomly throw stuff out there Stephen Smith and Broussard are the same guy.

• Admin

What is so good about Harrison Barnes besides the fact that he was lucky enough to be on the Warriors?  Is he really that good?  Can he really score consistently?  Does he rebound really well?  Does he lead?  Does he get others involved?  Does he defend at an all defense level?

What really stands out about him to warrant superstar dollars??  

I just see an average player who got lucky with his situation.  He was inconsistent in the playoffs and i don't think the Warriors will miss a beat if they lost him.  

Edited by capstone21
  • Like 1

Just now, Watchman said:

I was not terribly impressed with his playoff showing. 

It's just not even the playoffs numbers - it's his number across the board from year 1.  I just don't see the next break out star from him.

12 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I was not terribly impressed with his playoff showing. 

Me either. But you cant define a player based off 1 playoff showing..  He hit some BIG game winning shots for the Warriors this year and last year..Now Im not on 'his bandwagon or anything, but hes an upgrade..Helll,  aint no "superstar" coming here.  Ive come to accept that..So we might as well be as competitive as possible in the meantime. See what happens. More than likely, we're not winning a title until we find our "superstar" via the draft....

Edited by terrell

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Me either. But you cant define a player based off 1 playoff showing..  He hit some BIG game winning shots for the Warriors this year and last year..Now Im not on 'his bandwagon or anything, but hes an upgrade..Helll,  aint no "superstar" coming here.  Ive come to accept that..So we might as well be as competitive as possible in the meantime. See what happens. More than likely, we're not winning a title until we find our "superstar" via the draft....

Yeah, he had a couple of strong shooting games in the playoffs and in today's NBA  that seems to be enough to get a max or never max deal as long as your not too old.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Thomas said:

You can tell them apart because of one guy's anger management issues.

Lol.  I know exactly what you mean.  Although I'm pretty sure Stephen A's gruff demeanor is just part his TV persona.  He knows exactly what he's doing.  Probably a fun guy to hang out with.

So which is it, Barnes loves Hooters to his detriment like so many of us do or his contract died a horrible death and he won't be paid a ridiculous fortune in the near future (everyone's sarcasm aside). Its still going to be a fortune for anyone's betterment or not. So much risk involved. Is there another option, please?