• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Harrison Barnes to Hawks?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Why did we draft two SFs to then be connected with every SF FA out there? Did BK secretly return to run our franchise? All wings, all day long baby!

I'll wait to see how things shake out before getting too worked up.  Our wings sucked beyond all reasonable expectations last season.  They were collectively our biggest weakness by far.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Except that history tells us that this regime consistently holds back on playing rookies.

Will they hope one or both of these guys develop and upset the normal routine? Sure. Will they expect that? Nah.

That is why we're still going to be in the market for wings, if only for 2-3 years while we see what we got in Prince and Bembry.

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Except that history tells us that this regime consistently holds back on playing rookies.

Will they hope one or both of these guys develop and upset the normal routine? Sure. Will they expect that? Nah.

That is why we're still going to be in the market for wings, if only for 2-3 years while we see what we got in Prince and Bembry.

mmmmmm, maybe just maybe, the players we had just weren't good enough to start.  Dennis was the backup his first year for about 15 games or so, then he did something to piss off Bud.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

quote-Vanilla-Ice-rap-is-from-the-street

Jenny-From-the-Block.jpg

chris-broussard-sources-meme.jpg

OMFG, there's so much win in this thread.  First of all, has AHF been hacked?  This is like the second hilarious post he's made today.

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

Something about Stephen A's eyes ain't right.  Its like being reverse cross-eyed. 

First, that's called "****-eyed".  Look it up, pretty sure that's a scientifical term.  Also, lol at thinking that's Stephen A.  Wait, you tryna say we all look alike?! :argh:

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

mmmmmm, maybe just maybe, the players we had just weren't good enough to start.  Dennis was the backup his first year for about 15 games or so, then he did something to piss off Bud.

Maybe one or both will be good enough. I just don't see history supporting the notion that the Budcox regime will approach their FA plans anticipating they will.

Edited by sturt

I said a few days ago that I wouldn't mind Barnes on a reasonable deal.  Hope GS misses out on Durant but loses Barnes (to whomever) in the process.

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I said a few days ago that I wouldn't mind Barnes on a reasonable deal.  Hope GS misses out on Durant but loses Barnes (to whomever) in the process.

The only way that happens is if Barnes signs an offer sheet on July 1st while KD takes longer than the 3 days to pick a team.  I think GSW has 3 days to match any offer.  That would be funny though.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The only way that happens is if Barnes signs an offer sheet on July 1st while KD takes longer than the 3 days to pick a team.  I think GSW has 3 days to match any offer.  That would be funny though.

Yep.  Their fawning over KD will lead him to 'weigh his options' which shouldn't involve any max offers.  I say 'shouldn't' but I know it probably will.  LAL being chief among them.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Don't players have to wait for the end of the moratorium before they sign anything?  So Barnes can't sign anything on July 1.

Just now, kg01 said:

Yep.  Their fawning over KD will lead him to 'weigh his options' which shouldn't involve any max offers.  I say 'shouldn't' but I know it probably will.  LAL being chief among them.

He will get a max (or very close to max) offer  just like Gordan Haywood, Tobias Harris etc did last year.  And Guys like Eric Bledoe and Brandon Knight did.

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

Don't players have to wait for the end of the moratorium before they sign anything?  So Barnes can't sign anything on July 1.

You are correct, but once he agrees to the deal in principle, the Warriors have 3 days to either match or release him.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You are correct, but once he agrees to the deal in principle, the Warriors have 3 days to either match or release him.

Isn't that three days from the day he actually signs the offer sheet?

8 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Isn't that three days from the day he actually signs the offer sheet?

I'm unclear how that actually works.  Will have to research.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm unclear how that actually works.  Will have to research.

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the clock doesn't start until pen hits paper and the other team is notified.

30 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the clock doesn't start until pen hits paper and the other team is notified.

This. He had to sign then 72 hours begin.

That's why I said in another thread that you can't go willy nilly(sp?) from one RFA to the next. Your $ is tied up until you either get the guy or his team matches. Better make sure he has some interest otherwise your just buying an all you can eat dinner for Eddy Curry lol...ya, I still remember.

5 hours ago, h4wkfan said:

I don't follow. If there is real interest and we plan on resigning Baze. Who plays???

Baze/Korver/THJ/Sef/Prince/Bembry/Barnes..... 

That's starting to look like the BK SF Squad. 

only 3 sf's.  Thabo, Barnes, and Prince. The rest are 2's in the NBA imo..And I can see either Kyle or Thabo, (and/or THJ) involved in some sort of trade for a backup pg/big..

Dennis/Baze/Barnes/Paul/Al

Augustine?/Korver/Prince/Scott/new center from trade

Hinrich/Bembry/Moose/Splitter

Edited by terrell