• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Harrison Barnes to Hawks?

51 minutes ago, Thomas said:

So which is it, Barnes loves Hooters to his detriment like so many of us do or his contract died a horrible death and he won't be paid a ridiculous fortune in the near future (everyone's sarcasm aside). Its still going to be a fortune for anyone's betterment or not. So much risk involved. Is there another option, please?

We could work out a trade with Denver and get Wilson Chandler who I think would be a great fit in our system. No idea who we'd give up.  There's also Chandler Parsons (probably too injury proned), but he knocked down over 40% of his threes last season and can play the four.  Also Deng, I was really against this at first, but if we can sign him to a two year 8 - 12 million deal I think it will really help us.  It'll give Prince time to develop and would not be a max contract which would give us room to address another position (SG, back up PG).

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

We could work out a trade with Denver and get Wilson Chandler who I think would be a great fit in our system. No idea who we'd give up.  There's also Chandler Parsons (probably too injury proned), but he knocked down over 40% of his threes last season and can play the four.  Also Deng, I was really against this at first, but if we can sign him to a two year 8 - 12 million deal I think it will really help us.  It'll give Prince time to develop and would not be a max contract which would give us room to address another position (SG, back up PG).

Wilson Chandler is also always injured.

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You know I love my players with injury history.  Ha. I just want to get some good players on the cheap, but that would always bite you in the butt. 

I don't mind cheap and injured but Wilson isn't exactly cheap.

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't mind cheap and injured but Wilson isn't exactly cheap.

You're correct! He is not cheap.  He costs about $12 million per season, but the way the cap is going up and if he can stay healthy, that may be a steal.  I really thought Gillenari was the Denver forward who stayed injured and Wilson's injury was the first of his career. 

17 hours ago, marco102 said:

You're correct! He is not cheap.  He costs about $12 million per season, but the way the cap is going up and if he can stay healthy, that may be a steal.  I really thought Gillenari was the Denver forward who stayed injured and Wilson's injury was the first of his career. 

Nope, both injury prone.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Looks like the Philly Colangelos will be pushing hard for Barnes ...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16593089/philadelphia-76ers-make-serious-push-harrison-barnes

Also in much more unfortunate news for the Hawks BU PG search, Warriors do not plan on releasing Livingston even thru the KD pursuit.

If they pick up Livingston's option, they'll have$79,9 Million in committed salary. So that's $14 mil of capspace.  Durant's max is $28 mil.  They'll have to trade Jason  Thompson plus either Iggy or Bogut, 

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If they pick up Livingston's option, they'll have$79,9 Million in committed salary. So that's $14 mil of capspace.  Durant's max is $28 mil.  They'll have to trade Jason  Thompson plus either Iggy or Bogut, 

Ya that would make total sense IF THEY STILL HAD JASON THOMPSON!!!!

(kinda like Tobias on the magic lol)

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I still see him and his salary listed on  GSW, what am I missing?

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state_warriors/

In any case that means Bogut AND Iggy...gone.

Ya he's on the Raptors...I dunno maybe they still pay him or something lol..I actually want them to be stuck with Bogut and Iggy as I feel they are declining and have escaped the injury bug too much...they are due.

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I still see him and his salary listed on  GSW, what am I missing?

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state_warriors/

In any case that means Bogut AND Iggy...gone.

12 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya he's on the Raptors...I dunno maybe they still pay him or something lol..I actually want them to be stuck with Bogut and Iggy as I feel they are declining and have escaped the injury bug too much...they are due.

GSW used the stretch provision on him. His cap hit is $945,126 for the next three years.

4 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

GSW used the stretch provision on him. His cap hit is $945,126 for the next three years.

Thanks for that info.

• Premium Member

6578.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background

Harrison Barnes

For most of this past season, Barnes was described in NBA circles as someone likely to command max money this summer.

Of course, his market value may have taken a hit after his disappearing act in the NBA Finals. With a championship on the line, Barnes shot a woeful 5-for-32 in Games 5, 6, and 7 combined, even as the Cavs repeatedly left him open and simply dared him to make plays. Suffice it to say that he came up short.

Barnes devotees will point to the fact that the 24-year-old is still young enough to see some improvement over the next couple of seasons. But we have a hard time identifying attributes that could make the former Tar Heel a max-level player. His 11.7 points per game certainly weren't anything to write home about. Neither were his subpar rates (per 36 minutes) of steals (0.7), assists (2.1) or blocks (0.2).

And while Barnes' 3-point production last season -- 38.3 percent accuracy on 214 long-range attempts -- gives the appearance of competence, a deeper dive suggests it might be a mirage. According to player tracking metrics on NBA.com, when Barnes launched 3s without being wide open (i.e., when there was a defender within six feet of him), he connected on a putrid 30.6 percent of his attempts.

Put Barnes on nearly any team besides Golden State -- that is, any team where open looks aren't the norm -- and he will almost certainly suffer a massive drop in shooting efficiency.

One of the few offensive metrics in which Barnes truly shines is his turnover rate, which was very low last season. Then again, he simply hasn't had to create much of his own offense on an elite Warriors team.

Yes, the Warriors outscored opponents by 10 points per 100 possessions with Barnes on the court last season. But he has shared ample court time with some of the best players in the league. When you have teammates such as Stephen Curry, Draymond Green and Klay Thompson, it's nearly inevitable that you'll post an impressive raw plus-minus number.

That's one of the major reasons we developed the RPM metric -- to provide an estimate of player impact after adjusting for the strength of his teammates and opponents. The resulting adjustment in Barnes' case is sobering: He had an anemic RPM rating of -1.3 last season.

In fact, the Warriors didn't miss a beat whenever Barnes went to the bench. They were actually two points better in net efficiency without him. So if they have to pay him anywhere near the maximum salary to entice Barnes to stay next season and beyond, the Warriors will almost certainly have overpaid.

Barnes' production is quite similar to Bazemore's production.  He does not appear to be an upgrade to me.  He's 3 inches taller and that's about it.  Cannot imagine any reason to pay him the max or even near max.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Barnes' production is quite similar to Bazemore's production.  He does not appear to be an upgrade to me.  He's 3 inches taller and that's about it.  Cannot imagine any reason to pay him the max or even near max.

Think most everyone agrees about him not being worth the max but this environment we are in right now makes it seem like he will get it anyway. It's good to play in the NBA, huh. 

Just now, Thomas said:

Think most everyone agrees about him not being worth the max but this environment we are in right now makes it seem like he will get it anyway. It's good to play in the NBA, huh. 

Hope he doesn't get the max from us.  Just don't see it.