• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How would you feel about a Joe return in 2016?

BigDog90

I read several articles about how Atlanta was one of the three finalists for Joe between ATL, CLE and MIA.  I recall one of the reasons Joe picked Miami over CLE was the promise of significant minutes and a starting spot.

Since LeBron and Durant aren't coming to Atlanta, the only franchise changing SFs in FA this year, it brings me to this question, what do you think about Joe returning to start at SF?

MIA - Can't afford all their guys.

ATL - Has size and actually had an interest in playing in ATL.

CLE - Can't offer Joe a starting spot and he doesn't like their pace.

Thoughts?

Edited by BigDog90

• Premium Member

I'm not against Bringing in Joe if he comes cheap.    Joe still offers a big Sf who can play good positional defense and shoot.    Although I would rather have Deng and call Deng our BU PF, Joe certainly has a lot of skills that would have made him a good fit over the last 2 years.   I'm not in a hurry to bring Joe back but if he were to come back, I wouldn't complain. 

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

I think that Joe is done.

Last year he put up 13, 3, and 4 while shooting 41% from 3.   He is 34, so his level of doneness is something to be questioned.  IF we can get him for Cheap, I'm not complaining. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, pimp said:

Pass,
Joe turns 35 tomorrow..his days as a starter are numbered.
Would'nt surprise me if he ended up coming of the bench for a real contender though

How old is Richard Jefferson?  I would guess that he's about Joe's Age.  We know that Korver is older.   I don't know... It is definite that as a player gets older, they get less useful but some of those old guys are good off the bench. 

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

How old is Richard Jefferson?  I would guess that he's about Joe's Age.  We know that Korver is older.   I don't know... It is definite that as a player gets older, they get less useful but some of those old guys are good off the bench. 

Jefferson is 36 and just announced his retirement last week.

JJ will be lucky to play 60 games this year...really lucky. His court mileage is extremely high. He should seriously consider retiring in the next year or two.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

JJ will be lucky to play 60 games this year...really lucky. His court mileage is extremely high. He should seriously consider retiring in the next year or two.

At 34-35, KK was a 50/50/90 player and an allstar...  court mileage = fantasy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

I read several articles about how Atlanta was one of the three finalists for Joe between ATL, CLE and MIA.  I recall one of the reasons Joe picked Miami over CLE was the promise of significant minutes and a starting spot.

Since LeBron and Durant aren't coming to Atlanta, the only franchise changing SFs in FA this year, it brings me to this question, what do you think about Joe returning to start at SF?

MIA - Can't afford all their guys.

ATL - Has size and actually had an interest in playing in ATL.

CLE - Can't offer Joe a starting spot and he doesn't like their pace.

Thoughts?

Meh.

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

At 34-35, KK was a 50/50/90 player and an allstar...  court mileage = fantasy.

That's true it's definitely possible. It's just that JJ still tries to dribble to much and due to his age, his moves seem even slower. He could have a year like Korver but I'm not betting on it.

14 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

i don't know about .. he played in 81 games last year i think.  He doesn't get hurt often,  because he never takes the ball to the rim, and avoids contact with tear drops/ floaters.
I'm not sure how much mileage Joe has on him,  since he spends far more time dribbling between his legs than he does actually driving anywhere.

1 minute ago, pimp said:

i don't know about .. he played in 81 games last year i think.  He doesn't get hurt often,  because he never takes the ball to the rim, and avoids contact with tear drops/ floaters.
I'm not sure how much mileage Joe has on him,  since he spends far more time dribbling between his legs than he does actually driving anywhere.

Ok I didn't know he played 81 games last year. That's pretty impressive. Maybe he can play more than 60 next year then. But like you mentioned with the excess dribbling, I don't think he has a place on this team. Not saying that all our guys have to be the same but it seems like guys like JJ and Craw just don't belong in our scheme anymore.