• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Dennis as our starter (stats)

14 minutes ago, LastDon said:

This stats are exactly my point..Jeff was basically putting up 17 and 7 in 28 mpg..if its going to take Schröder 33 mpg to put up that production then he is a downgrade from Teague..

However good the offensive numbers were for Teague you still have the Pete Maravich imbalance. Pete scored a ton and had assists but gave up a ton as well. Even when he and Lou scored 2000 points in the regular season his defense was so bad that the Knicks swatted us away like a gnat in the playoffs. Jeff took plays off. 

I'll say he puts up 15 PTS, 7 AST, 3 REB, and 1.5 STL with 3.2 TO in 32 MPG. 44% FG/34% 3PT/82% FT.

And in the season after, he truly breaks out and puts up 19 PTS, 8 AST, 4 REB, and 1.5 STL. 47% FG/35% 3PT/84% FT.

But in the 2016-2017 season, like the last one but perhaps a little less this time is going to have some ups and downs still.

Edited by Lurker

50 minutes ago, Thomas said:

However good the offensive numbers were for Teague you still have the Pete Maravich imbalance. Pete scored a ton and had assists but gave up a ton as well. Even when he and Lou scored 2000 points in the regular season his defense was so bad that the Knicks swatted us away like a gnat in the playoffs. Jeff took plays off. 

Yes, but Schröder's boneheaded plays on offense reduce his value as well.

1 minute ago, Watchman said:

Yes, but Schröder's boneheaded plays on offense reduce his value as well.

I'm really expecting consistency type improvement from him. Coaches will probably have to stay after him most of the time about the turnovers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

I'm really expecting consistency type improvement from him. Coaches will probably have to stay after him most of the time about the turnovers.

I hope they stay on him about it and don't let it get out of hand.

• Like 1

Yeah clearing up highly difficult passes to guys who are in traffic should take care of half of them. Gets a bit of the Magic Johnson kinda confidence too often. 

vor 3 Stunden, LastDon sagte:

This stats are exactly my point..Jeff was basically putting up 17 and 7 in 28 mpg..if its going to take Schröder 33 mpg to put up that production then he is a downgrade from Teague..

Except that Teague averaged 15.7 points and 5.9 assists in 28.5 minutes per game. 

Dem nimbers are hard...

• Like 1

• Moderators

Assuming 30 minutes per game and rounding to nearest .5:

16 points

6.5 assists

4 rebounds

1.5 steals

3 turnovers

42.5% fg%

34% 3pt%

That is my prediction (such as it is) but I am hoping for better and at his age I think that is very realistic.

• 1 month later...

Dennis Working............

Ben Sullivan re-worked Bazemore's jump shot so hopefully this is the year Dennis' get fixed.

Kent Bazemore did not know what to expect when he first met Hawks assistant coach Ben Sullivan

Bazemore came to Atlanta in the 2014 offseason after he had shown promise with the Los Angeles Lakers as an energetic wing defender who amped up the team's fast break.

Still, when he arrived here as a free agent, he hadn't fully developed his skill set as a shooter. Sullivan, one of the Hawks' assistant coaches who works with the players on their shooting, laid out a plan to remedy that gap. Bazemore recalled Sullivan's candor at that meeting.

"When I first got here, the first thing he said – and I had known him for two minutes – was, 'Your jump shot is ugly, we're going to change it,'" Bazemore said with a grin.  

"It was when I first met the guy," Bazemore added. "I was like, 'Okay, I like this guy.'

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dennis Working............

Ben Sullivan re-worked Bazemore's jump shot so hopefully this is the year Dennis' get fixed.

So are you gonna predict his stats? Lol

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

So are you gonna predict his stats? Lol

I prefer to do only  Hawks Win-Loss stats. :tongue:

Hawks Roundtable: Is Dennis Schröder ready to replace Jeff Teague?

We continue our roundtable series with a look at the point guard position. If you missed either of the first two parts of this you can find them here and here.

Is Dennis Schröder ready to replace Jeff Teague?

(Kris Willis): I think so. While Schröder and Teague has formed a solid one-two punch for the Hawks, you could see that the team was going to need to make a decision at some point between the two. Schröder was the logical choice given his age and upside. The Hawks need him to mature quickly, but his defensive ability makes him an intriguing option at the point. There will be ups and downs for sure, but in the long term I think Schröder will be an upgrade at the position. Now if only I felt as good about the backups behind him.

(Brad Rowland): Even if Schröder simply replicates his production from last season (in more minutes), he isn’t a disaster in terms of operating as a starting point guard. With that, I’ll say yes. Do I think Schröder is as good as Teague right now? No, I don’t, but his upside is higher and given his age, there is every reason to think Dennis can make a significant leap forward. Much of my concern about the team’s point guard position comes from the two-pronged approach of evaluating Teague+Schröder against Schröder+Delaney/Jack, and I think that is a downgrade. There is still the possibility that Schröder leaps forward, though, and it will be intriguing to monitor.

(Harry Lyles): There’s going to be a learning curve but I think he’s capable. He’s got the tools, but the thing that appeared to hinder both him and Jeff Teague last season was inconsistency in playing time. Coach Bud was always forced to play the hot hand as opposed to going with one guy, and it seems with Teague gone that now Schröder will have a little bit more leeway with Budenholzer. While that might seem like a small thing, it can have a pretty big impact for a guy mentally, which counts for a whole lot more than nothing.

(Josh Lane): Whether we like it or not, he is going to be thrust into the position. I think he is ready to be a starter, however I do not think he is at Jeff Teague’s current level.

(Chris Herbert): I don’t think it matters if Dennis is ready. With Schröder becoming a restricted free agent next offseason, the only way to see if Dennis’ talent can translate into starter level production is to give him starter’s minutes. Developing a more consistent three point shot will help the offense’s spacing and in turn, give Dennis more room to attack the rim in the pick and roll.

(Thomas Jenkins): Yes, he is, although there will probably be some growing pains. In a perfect world, Schröder probably could have benefited from another year of experience before assuming the starting role. In reality though, the Hawks needed to make a decision and I think they made the right one. Schröder’s youth and athleticism add a lot to this team, and whatever mistakes he makes should be mitigated by his skill and expertise.

(Preston Mott): Yes and no. Schröder is still young. He's going to make a lot of lackadaisical mistakes with increased minutes. He was wasn't going to be content as a backup forever so he had to become a starter at some point. Schröder needs to show consistency and improvement this year. If he can do those two things then he will be in good shape.

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2016/8/10/12421348/hawks-roundtable-is-dennis-Schröder-ready-to-replace-jeff-teague

between

2008–09 Boston 80 80 33.0 .505 .313 .642 5.2 8.2 1.9 .1 11.9

and

2002–03†             San Antonio       82           82           33.8        .464        .337        .755        2.6          5.3          .9            .1            15.5

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking that one intangible about Dennis is the constant pestering  ballhawking  defense he will keep on the opposing PG every minute he is on the floor. That may or may not always show up consistently as a +/- stat in our favor but it will show up in the win column for us. Strong defense at point more minutes of a game than last year should help reduce some of our late collapses we have witnessed in the playoffs. Adding that with D8's rim defense and rebounding and then the pick and roll and we will not be as desperate hoping Kyle can get open and hit to stay in it. Believe Dennis's defense will be much better than his stat sheets will reveal.     

• Like 3

alright if you listen to denises words...

its kinda hard for me to talk without being being biased, but dennis is actually ruining his life in germany right now, and if he doesnt even spent the effort in changing it, we have to suffocate him. if he finds a profassiional was to deal with his problems, than we all can get behind him, but like this he is worthless.,,, ( so sad)