• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks Meeting With Dwight

Misha Owens

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Come on Supes!

He didn't. He literally drafted him for the potential of him developing into a 3 and D player. He's years away from that measure much less in a system like the Hawks which doesn't really play rookies. I think some posters really think he's DMC right now at this point of his career. That couldn't be further from the truth. He's simply a rookie who needs skills development and who has room to grow. He is in no way ready to get legit minutes on the Hawks. 

4 minutes ago, IheartFerry said:

Maybe not Supes but you know the answer to that just as much as I do. He may have drafted him to start this year. You have no clue what is going on in Buds head bro and neither do I. He could slide base to the two and start Prince , or Prince could be in the rotation off the bench. Hell he could play D-league all year. I do not know and neither do you

Go meet Bud, ask him is Bembry or Prince ready to start this year. He will laugh at your question. Do you realize how hard it is to start in the NBA?  You got players who sat on the bench all season like Solomon Hill who is clearly better than Prince right now. Does that mean Hill has a better ceiling? Hell no but he's better right now. 

Edited by NBASupes

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He didn't. He literally drafted him for the potential of him developing into a 3 and D player. He's years away from that measure much less in a system like the Hawks which doesn't really play rookies. I think some posters really think he's DMC right now at this point of his career. That couldn't be further from the truth. He's simply a rookie who needs skills development and who has room to grow. He is in no way ready to get legit minutes on the Hawks. 

No offense Supes man.. But all that coming from you means nothing me man. He may not be ready in big picture but your talent evaluation is far from convincing for me. Stop ragging the kid already and our coach. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Go meet Bud, ask him is Bembry or Prince ready to start this year. He will laugh at your question. Do you realize how hard it is to start in the NBA?  You got players who sat on the bench all season like Solomon Hill who is clearly better than Prince right now. Does that mean Hill has a better ceiling? Hell no but he's better right now. 

Oh now you going to give me pointers on how to get a face to face with coach Bud? I am all ears bro

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think you're correct. I'll be shocked if either of the rookies start this season. It's unlikely that either will get big minutes. We're going to be seeing Korver and Thabo log big minutes for at least one more year.

Just now, Hotlanta1981 said:

I think you're correct. I'll be shocked if either of the rookies start this season. It's unlikely that either will get big minutes. We're going to be seeing Korver and Thabo log big minutes for at least one more year.

Yep. Most rookies simply aren't ready to start in the NBA. Everyone drafts players who what they could be, not what they are today. 

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

We will see. Hopefully we can get something out of Prince in the rotation. Hope he wows in camp

I think it depends on how quickly he can pick up the offense but more so the defense.  Kawhi didn't start as a rookie but he was a rotation regular.   I think he was a starter at the end of his rookie season though.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think it depends on how quickly he can pick up the offense but more so the defense.  Kawhi didn't start as a rookie but he was a rotation regular.   I think he was a starter at the end of his rookie season though.

Why don't you and Kawhi get a room..

Sorry im feelin giddy lol :-)

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

His(Prince) defense wasn't all that great in college. He was good but he wasn't Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or Justise Winslow where his physical tools, activities and  awareness on that end was exceptional even in college and it was clear he would translate. Most scouts list him as a solid college defender with worries that he has to adjust from Baylor's zone to the NBA style of defense. They went even harder at Bembry for his defense.  From all reports, Prince and Bembry are more developmental guys who can give you minutes right now. 

Leonard was listed in the top 5 on several scouts board. The questions on his was position and shooting. But his defensive ability, 7'3 wingspan, 10' hands and awareness was also seen highly by many. Prince gets compared to Carroll but many say he might top out to be closer than Gerald Wallace. 

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His(Prince) defense wasn't all that great in college. He was good but he wasn't Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or Justise Winslow where his physical tools, activities and  awareness on that end was exceptional even in college and it was clear he would translate. Most scouts list him as a solid college defender with worries that he has to adjust from Baylor's zone to the NBA style of defense. They went even harder at Bembry for his defense.  From all reports, Prince and Bembry are more developmental guys who can give you minutes right now. 

Leonard was listed in the top 5 on several scouts board. The questions on his was position and shooting. But his defensive ability, 7'3 wingspan, 10' hands and awareness was also seen highly by many. Prince gets compared to Carroll but many say he might top out to be closer than Gerald Wallace. 

A prime Gerald Wallace I would welcome with no question

HOWARD WANTS 24M PER....YAY OR NAY????

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16657295/dwight-howard-seeks-deal-24m-starting-salary

When Dwight Howard starts having his free agent meetings on Friday he'll seek a contract starting at $24 million a season according to a source.

Howard is expected to conduct his meetings in his hometown of Atlanta with the Hawks and the Boston Celtics having secured the first discussions with the center.

Portland and Charlotte have also expressed interest in Howard, who declined a player option with the Rockets at $23.2 million.

The amount Howard is seeking isn't that far off from what he declined with the Rockets. However, the Rockets don't believe Howard was worth paying $23.2 million and wanted the 30-year old to take a contract at a reduced financial package.

Howard averaged 13.7 points and 11.8 rebounds per game last season. Howard averaged just 8.5 field goal attempts per game, his lowest output since his rookie year of 8.3, in 2004-05.

Howard is one of several centers entering free agency seeking big-time money. Al HorfordHassan Whiteside along with Howard are at the top of the list. Detroit's Andre Drummond is a restricted free agent and any offer he receives is expected to be matched by the Pistons.

Edited by JTB

16 minutes ago, JTB said:

HOWARD WANTS 24M PER....YAY OR NAY????

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16657295/dwight-howard-seeks-deal-24m-starting-salary

When Dwight Howard starts having his free agent meetings on Friday he'll seek a contract starting at $24 million a season according to a source.

Howard is expected to conduct his meetings in his hometown of Atlanta with the Hawks and the Boston Celtics having secured the first discussions with the center.

Portland and Charlotte have also expressed interest in Howard, who declined a player option with the Rockets at $23.2 million.

The amount Howard is seeking isn't that far off from what he declined with the Rockets. However, the Rockets don't believe Howard was worth paying $23.2 million and wanted the 30-year old to take a contract at a reduced financial package.

Howard averaged 13.7 points and 11.8 rebounds per game last season. Howard averaged just 8.5 field goal attempts per game, his lowest output since his rookie year of 8.3, in 2004-05.

Howard is one of several centers entering free agency seeking big-time money. Al HorfordHassan Whiteside along with Howard are at the top of the list. Detroit's Andre Drummond is a restricted free agent and any offer he receives is expected to be matched by the Pistons.

24 million though? 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

24 million though? 

WE need something to impress horford and get him back quickly..... I say sign him and move on to the next task. Im not worried about it, I think bud will revolutionize howard.

Edited by JTB

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

WE need something to impress horford and get him back quickly..... I say sign him and move on to the next task. Im not worried about it, I think bud will revolutionize howard.

He literally has one solid not good but solid season left. After that, I expect him to be washed outside of 25 MPG.