• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Meeting With Dwight

Misha Owens

16 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

For $15 mill, signing Howard is a no-brainer.  Not sure I see it happening though.  If he would take about $18 mill, that's still really good.  Who knows, maybe he really wants to play in Atlanta and part of reshaping his image would be to take a little less.

Feels weird saying "take a little less" when talking about millions...  :geek:

I am all in for Dwight. All in. For even 16 million, that's damn good.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I need a $ figure for Dwight because I have no interest in paying him a max of $32 mil.

Oh no...not you too Jaybird! Come back to the good side. #justsaynototheduck

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Diesel said:

Imagine a frontline of D12/Sap/

Automatically makes us one of the best Defensive teams in the game. 

We already were one of the best defensive teams in the game lol. Horford had better defensive stats all around than Dwight.

8 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Second round exit once again lol

I see alot of folks are still trying to start Al at PF. smh...Dude is a center for the gazillionth time. lol..Ive never saw Al as "playing out of position".. Center is his BEST position .But hey, maybe its just me..And Woody..And LD. .And Bud.....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 3

Just now, terrell said:

I see alot of folks are still trying to play Al at PF. smh...Dude is a center for the gazillionth time. lol..Ive never saw Al as "playing out of position"..But hey, maybe its just me..And Woody..And LD. .And Bud.....

How Sway?

7 hours ago, Diesel said:

Supes, I know you have a lot of AL love.  But let's not deny facts.  Dwight still is a top shot blocker and rebounder in this league.  That means that he's a top defender.   I understand that Al is a versatile defender and he can guard smaller players.  That's great.  However, when real Centers walk in the room.. Al has historically had trouble.   I believe that Bud and Co. believes that the can fix Dwight and make him into what we need. 

Correction - Howard used to be a top shot blocker.  Now he is 0.1 block lower than Millsap, and 0.1 higher than Al.

Millsap - 1.7; Howard - 1.6;  Horford - 1.5.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Dey droppin' like flies.

It's really sad. I mean forget how horrible of a lockeroom presence he is, forget how much money he wants, forget how many coaches have been fired because of him, forget how he has destroyed the last 2 teams he has been on, forget the fact that he is horrible at shooting the ball (both jumpers and ft's, forget that he acts like a clown on and off the court, forget that he has more kids with different women that Shawn Kemp and still calls himself religious...but I personally cannot forget how many times he's dissed the Hawks in interviews in the past saying nobody wants to play for the Hawks despite being his hometown. 

He didn't want us then, now the tables have turned and I don't want him. Karma.

Have some respect for yourself folks!

• Premium Member

2384.png&w=65&h=90&scale=crop&background

Dwight Howard

Howard recently opted out of his $23 million player option for the 2016-17 season. Apparently, he believes he can land another long-term max offer.

The problem is that Howard has declined significantly from his Orlando days, when he truly was among the NBA elite. Between 2010 and 2012, Howard was consistently a top-three player in real plus-minus impact. Last season, he didn't even crack the top 150, with an RPM value right at the league average of 0.0.

Howard's apex game was based on a freakish athleticism he no longer possesses. And although he's only 30 years old, Howard has already logged nearly 35,000 minutes in his 12 NBA seasons (and postseasons), which is a lot of career mileage for a 7-footer. Even worse: He has never looked the same since his herniated disc surgery four years ago.

In fact, D-12's scoring has steadily declined throughout the past five seasons, culminating in a pedestrian average of just 13.7 points per game last season. He actually set a career best in 2-point field goal percentage last season, but he's also getting fewer attempts than ever. He also set a career low (48.9 percent) from the free throw line, keeping him firmly entrenched among the league's worst in that department

And despite having blocked an impressive 2.9 shots per 36 minutes back in his prime, Dwight's block rate is now down to a ho-hum 1.8. He just led the league in goaltending calls despite his more earthbound game.

Judging from his most recent years of play -- and considering the typical aging curve of players on the wrong side of 30 -- Howard will likely continue his slow decline on his next contract. Perhaps for some team with a great pass-first point guard who could provide Howard with lots of easy looks inside, it might make sense to sign him to a short-term deal at a price considerably south of the max. Otherwise, it looks inevitable that D-12 is about to be vastly overpaid, especially near the end of any long-term deal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

It's really sad. I mean forget how horrible of a lockeroom presence he is, forget how much money he wants, forget how many coaches have been fired because of him, forget how he has destroyed the last 2 teams he has been on, forget the fact that he is horrible at shooting the ball (both jumpers and ft's, forget that he acts like a clown on and off the court, forget that he has more kids with different women that Shawn Kemp and still calls himself religious...but I personally cannot forget how many times he's dissed the Hawks in interviews in the past saying nobody wants to play for the Hawks despite being his hometown. 

He didn't want us then, now the tables have turned and I don't want him. Karma.

Have some respect for yourself folks!

Haha, I hear you Bro-ver Cleveland.  But I've always looked at him just like I look at sMelo.  If they're bought-in, they help us win. 

Can Budz get the buy-in?  If so, ....

4 minutes ago, Johnnybravo4 said:

Get Howard, resign Horf trade Sap and Prince to Sactown for Rudy Gay and a Draft pick 

snl animated GIF

That's too much change.  It'd basically be turning the team over to Gay and Howard.

The team that does sign D12 should put a clause in the contract that requires him to see a shrink two or three times a week.  Believe John Smoltz hired a sports phycologist to help him out of a slump at one time. Howard's guy would have a whole lot more on his plate.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The team that does sign D12 should put a clause in the contract that requires him to see a shrink two or three times a week.  Believe John Smoltz hired a sports phycologist to help him out of a slump at one time. Howard's guy would have a whole lot more on his plate.

It's not mental with Dwight.  It's physical.

1 minute ago, skimaskway23 said:

It's not mental with Dwight.  It's physical.

Believe its both. The reputation as a Diva is not very positive. We're playing in a team sport here. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Johnnybravo4 said:

Get Howard, resign Horf trade Sap and Prince to Sactown for Rudy Gay and a Draft pick 

Oh hell naw