• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

WHY LORD?? WHY?? (Hawks pick up Option on Muscala)

Diesel

Overreact much? $1 million - it may be needed in trade, maybe a another team wants him in a trade, smh.

And you need to stop with these 'Non Information Topic headlines"  Put the info in them.

Title should be "HAWKS PICK UP OPTION ON MIKE MUSCALA"  simple and to the point.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Overreact much? $1 million - it may be needed in trade, maybe a another team wants him in a trade, smh.

And you need to stop with these 'Non Information Topic headlines"  Put the info in them.

Title should be "HAWKS PICK UP OPTION ON MIKE MUSCALA"  simple and to the point.

Muscala regressed last season.   IF he's used in a trade... Great.  But holding on to players who are below average is not my idea of not cutting corners.   At the end of the day, it's still a roster spot. 

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Muscala regressed last season.   IF he's used in a trade... Great.  But holding on to players who are below average is not my idea of not cutting corners.   At the end of the day, it's still a roster spot. 

You get no arguments from me regarding his regression, but it's also not the end of the world.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You get no arguments from me regarding his regression, but it's also not the end of the world.

I've had too many owners and GMs say that we want to make a splash in free agency and starts with a move like Resigning Eldridge Recasner... and end up pulling a Rick Sund Stay Pat...  That's all.   Just a little too much de ja vu from being lied to as a Hawks fan. 

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I've had too many owners and GMs say that we want to make a splash in free agency and starts with a move like Resigning Eldridge Recasner... and end up pulling a Rick Sund Stay Pat...  That's all.   Just a little too much de ja vu from being lied to as a Hawks fan. 

Less than $1 million dollars - get in a tizzy if you want.  Someone's gotta be on the bench for a mil.

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Less than $1 million dollars - get in a tizzy if you want.  Someone's gotta be on the bench for a mil.

It's not the money.  It's the roster spot.

Think about it.  We're getting 3 rooks this year.  

We have Dennis, Sap, Korver, THJr, Moose, Scott, Patterson, Splitter, Hinrich, Thabo & Bebe.   Under contract.   That's 14 spots.

We're talking Horford, Baze, and a BU PG.  17  of 15.  

I've looked at the expendables to be Moose and Hinrich and maybe we can bring in a BU PG and another player.  However, that's not seeming like it will happen.   Yeah, it's a 1 million dollar player.  Hell, those are easy to find.  We will invite some to camp.   Shoot, we could prolly get Marcus Paige for less than 1 Million dollars.   The point is if we're not cutting the expendable players.  IN the absence of a trade that clears out roster spots or get us what we need, how do we clear out these Roster spots.  Is this another year of Bebe in Suits playing for the DL?    Are those Rooks designed for the DL?  Small moves have consequences too.

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's not the money.  It's the roster spot.

Think about it.  We're getting 3 rooks this year.  

We have Dennis, Sap, Korver, THJr, Moose, Scott, Patterson, Splitter, Hinrich, Thabo & Bebe.   Under contract.   That's 14 spots.

We're talking Horford, Baze, and a BU PG.  17  of 15.  

I've looked at the expendables to be Moose and Hinrich and maybe we can bring in a BU PG and another player.  However, that's not seeming like it will happen.   Yeah, it's a 1 million dollar player.  Hell, those are easy to find.  We will invite some to camp.   Shoot, we could prolly get Marcus Paige for less than 1 Million dollars.   The point is if we're not cutting the expendable players.  IN the absence of a trade that clears out roster spots or get us what we need, how do we clear out these Roster spots.  Is this another year of Bebe in Suits playing for the DL?    Are those Rooks designed for the DL?  Small moves have consequences too.

Bebe?  You mean the guy in Toronto?

• Like 1

I think he's just gonna be a throw in on a trade we made for a BU point. I doubt Bud can trust him anymore. He's a great guy and I love the goggles but I think we need a more talented player on the floor, even as a 10-12th man.

• Admin

He may also be rewarding him for the hard work, locker room attitude and the goggles

For a million in today's NBA for a backup who can come in and play spot minutes, give 100% and work hard and not hurt you is pretty good

So if he is not packaged in a trade then for us he is really just a weak power forward that we try to play at both C and PF. Thought his play in the playoffs finished him off for us. If we hold on to Scott if he's not in jail or suspended that means no Hump. Someone would have to do us a favor in a trade and take Tiago to make space for Humph so even though Moose's option was pennies it still seems like a valuable roster spot has probably been wasted. Imagine Edy will continue to be developed here.  

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Leave DJ Cas alone  ( as I affectionally used to call him ).   He is the best 3 point shooting PG in Hawks history.  

41.7% three point shooter in his 2 seasons as a Hawk.