• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

WHY LORD?? WHY?? (Hawks pick up Option on Muscala)

Diesel

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Overreact much? $1 million - it may be needed in trade, maybe a another team wants him in a trade, smh.

And you need to stop with these 'Non Information Topic headlines"  Put the info in them.

Title should be "HAWKS PICK UP OPTION ON MIKE MUSCALA"  simple and to the point.

You just got owned homie Diesel.. 

Someone go buy Diesel some groceries so he don't starve.. Jay Bird cleaning out his refrigerator

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

It's not the money.  It's the roster spot.

Think about it.  We're getting 3 rooks this year.  

We have Dennis, Sap, Korver, THJr, Moose, Scott, Patterson, Splitter, Hinrich, Thabo & Bebe.   Under contract.   That's 14 spots.

We're talking Horford, Baze, and a BU PG.  17  of 15.  

I've looked at the expendables to be Moose and Hinrich and maybe we can bring in a BU PG and another player.  However, that's not seeming like it will happen.   Yeah, it's a 1 million dollar player.  Hell, those are easy to find.  We will invite some to camp.   Shoot, we could prolly get Marcus Paige for less than 1 Million dollars.   The point is if we're not cutting the expendable players.  IN the absence of a trade that clears out roster spots or get us what we need, how do we clear out these Roster spots.  Is this another year of Bebe in Suits playing for the DL?    Are those Rooks designed for the DL?  Small moves have consequences too.

Just as easily moved.

11 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

His option is peanuts, who cares? lol

Rather have Sap, Humph and Scott at PF than Sap, Scott and Moose there. So for me it's the roster spot. I don't count Moose as having any level of worth at center as well. The playoffs showed Humph helping us and Moose failing us. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

Looking at our PF/C group, we have:

Sap

Scott

Horford

Splitter

Edy

I'd rather have the roster spot to use on a better player like Humph.  If we hit a home run on a stud and are going to get a minimum salary player, I don't think of Moose as a big loss.  If we do miss out on the big fish, we might have some actual dollars to spend on a big man.

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Looking at our PF/C group, we have:

Sap

Scott

Horford

Splitter

Edy

I'd rather have the roster spot to use on a better player like Humph.  If we hit a home run on a stud and are going to get a minimum salary player, I don't think of Moose as a big loss.  If we do miss out on the big fish, we might have some actual dollars to spend on a big man.

We don't know if Scott's option will be picked up. July 10th.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Rather have Sap, Humph and Scott at PF than Sap, Scott and Moose there. So for me it's the roster spot. I don't count Moose as having any level of worth at center as well. The playoffs showed Humph helping us and Moose failing us. 

The roster spot can be freed up at any point. What's Mooses cap hit if he gets released? almost nothing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If no Moose, we still have to account for an empty roster charge which is about $540,000.00 against our cap number.  Isn't Moose deal also not fully guaranteed? @hawksfanatic

Not saying have an empty roster spot. Sign Humph who will help us on the floor.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If no Moose, we still have to account for an empty roster charge which is about $540,000.00 against our cap number.  Isn't Moose deal also not fully guaranteed? @hawksfanatic

That doesn't mean much, though.  We will fill all roster spots with a salary above $540K so it doesn't really matter unless someone thought it was going to clear space (including the roster charge amount).  That roster charge goes away once the empty roster spot is filled so "eh." 

The issue is more about who will fill the roster spots.  Maybe other teams are chomping at the bit to sign Moose but I am skeptical.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The bucks need a Moose mascot. :biggrin:

So did Bango injure another ligament or something else? Don't see Moose being as acrobatic. Would be fun seeing him try though.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, skimaskway23 said:

Diesel be getting riled over the most trivial shit.

So you like Moose over Hump or anybody else that we can get for that matter... It's a roster spot. 

• Like 1