• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

WHY LORD?? WHY?? (Hawks pick up Option on Muscala)

Diesel

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Trade bait at worst. 1 million won't be the difference between getting stars or not

He rebounds and scores like an injured Splitter but doesn't defend.  Where is the demand for that?  Or are you thinking we attach a pick to him to get someone to take him off our hands and open up the roster spot?

What I am worried about is not that this makes or breaks our pursuit of Durant.  I worry that it negatively impacts our ability to get a  much more useful bench player.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Trade bait at worst. 1 million won't be the difference between getting stars or not

It's a roster spot.   It's a roster spot.  It's a roster spot.   It's a roster spot. 

Do you hear me now..  Moose is holding down a roster spot.   We only get 15.   So what are you suggesting... pay him 1 million dollars and then just cut him because it doesn't mean that much???   Why give it to him in the first place if the plan is to cut him??  If you don't plan to cut him... It's a roster spot.   We could have signed better talent with that roster spot.   Do you like inefficiency?

• Like 1

Don't think anyone is talking about his roster spot having anything to do with grabbing a star. His spot could be filled with someone that actually helps in games though. Last three playoff games we were in Humph made a big difference while Moose sat because he laid his usual egg leading up to that series against Boston. That one million dollars isn't the issue.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Watchman said:

If we "picked up the option" does that equate to a free agent signing?  (i.e. would we have to wait until later in the season to trade him?)

I don't think so.  In theory, we could flip him for another player under contract tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

It's a roster spot.   It's a roster spot.  It's a roster spot.   It's a roster spot. 

Do you hear me now..  Moose is holding down a roster spot.   We only get 15.   So what are you suggesting... pay him 1 million dollars and then just cut him because it doesn't mean that much???   Why give it to him in the first place if the plan is to cut him??  If you don't plan to cut him... It's a roster spot.   We could have signed better talent with that roster spot.   Do you like inefficiency?

Sssshhhhhh...chill

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

We only dress 13 players for a game....We only dress 13 players for a game....We only dress 13 players for a game.  Someone has to sit it a suit.

He'll be one of our inactives, Edy takes over his spot in the rotation  - he'll be our 'break glass in case of emergency" guy because he knows the system. 

Of all the things to fuss over, lol lol lol.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We only dress 13 players for a game....We only dress 13 players for a game....We only dress 13 players for a game.  Someone has to sit it a suit.

He'll be one of our inactives, Edy takes over his spot in the rotation  - he'll be our 'break glass in case of emergency" guy because he knows the system. 

Ok seriously you guys are either stuttering or trying to make a point...:-|

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You assume we can't get someone who could actually contribute to the rotation in situations other than emergency bailouts.  I wouldn't make that assumption.  I don't think this is a huge deal but it disappoints me.

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Go read your COON:

Roster Size

• 15 players on roster
  • 12 or 13 players on Active List
  • 8 players must suit up for every game
  • Inactive list is the players who aren't on the Active List for today.
  • Players assigned to D-League are automatically placed on the Inactive List
  • Suspended players, unsigned draft picks, retired players and players in the military are ignored for roster size limitations.
  • Rosters set for NBA Opening Day on October 26
  • A team with 4 injured players may apply for a Hardship exception to temporarily increase the roster to 16. The Hardship ends when any one of the injured players is physically able to return to action. The team must then waive a player.

ITS A ROSTER SPOT.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

You assume we can't get someone who could actually contribute to the rotation in situations other than emergency bailouts.  I wouldn't make that assumption.  I don't think this is a huge deal but it disappoints me.

I will wait until the final roster plays out to make a determination.

Looks like to me the obvious one to not come back to the roster because of Moose is the highest PER player we had in the playoffs against the biggest enemy we have in the playoffs in the east. Wouldn't take a fortune to sign a much needed Humph. Don't think thats trivial.