• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Dwight Howard Article

Wurider05

Huh?? I don't understand.  Are you saying we won't have money to to do anything else if we resign Horford?   I might have missed something previously.

If that's what you are saying that is definitely not true.

Ok, I'm making way to many cognitive leaps right now, I'll own that. To explain myself better, what I should have said is with this current free agent market, we'll have to overpay to keep Bazemore or get a replacement. Guys like Barnes and Batum are like getting maxed and I expect Bazemore not to be far behind them. If Noah can get 18m, it doesn't bode well for us. So I'm not sure the team will be willing to overpay to keep Bazemore, but I know if he goes no one is coming in to replace him.

24 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Ok, I'm making way to many cognitive leaps right now, I'll own that. To explain myself better, what I should have said is with this current free agent market, we'll have to overpay to keep Bazemore or get a replacement. Guys like Barnes and Batum are like getting maxed and I expect Bazemore not to be far behind them. If Noah can get 18m, it doesn't bode well for us. So I'm not sure the team will be willing to overpay to keep Bazemore, but I know if he goes no one is coming in to replace him.

There is overpaying at $14 mil which I'm semi ok with - overpaying at the just reported $20 mill - PASS, PASS, PASS.

18 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Perhaps I'm being naive, but I don't think we'll have many free agents available to us besides our own. Or none worth much anyways.

So what's the plan - I may have missed what you were proposing we do.

7 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

T-A-N-K Tank, Tank, Tank! But yeah, I think we should go ahead and press the reset button.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

No-Way-No-Nope-Sigh-Uhhm-Ehm-Yeah-No-Ugh

Nothing good has ever come from bleacherreport.  Do they still use a slideshow to write their articles?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

T-A-N-K Tank, Tank, Tank! But yeah, I think we should go ahead and press the reset button.

This. You lose Al, you will lose Millsap. Just blow it up. Fire Wilcox. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, nathan2331 said:

Amazing!  We have a chance to actually improve this team this year or next year but yet there are those that still believe that signing Bazemore and tanking is the best course of action?  I'm Speechless

I agree with @Nathan2331 actually..

If Al walks that will demand a implosion and reconstruction.. Trade Sapp @ deadline for picks as well as letting baze walk

Amazing!  We have a chance to actually improve this team this year or next year but yet there are those that still believe that signing Bazemore and tanking is the best course of action?  I'm Speechless

Improve how? If I'm understanding things correctly we have about 24 million in cap space (with the possibility to get more) if we resign Horford. Who do we get with that? Please, enlighten me.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Improve how? If I'm understanding things correctly we have about 24 million in cap space (with the possibility to get more) if we resign Horford. Who do we get with that? Please, enlighten me.

We can sign any free agent with less than 9 years of service with this cap room.  Only Howard is eligible for more but most experts predict that he would only command around $20 mil per year.  And plus we could create even more cap room by trading or cutting Splitter.  $8 mil more we trade him as a salary dump and about $6 mil more if we cut him. 

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We can sign any free agent with less than 9 years of service with this cap room.  Only Howard is eligible for more but most experts predict that he would only command around $20 mil per year.  And plus we could create even more cap room by trading or cutting Splitter.  $8 mil more we trade him as a salary dump and about $6 mil more if we cut him. 

Newsflash Hans Bro-lo.. Free agents do not want to sign here. They avoid Atl like the plague has broken out mid city. You may get Howard The Clown to sign here because he is despised thru out the freaking league. He is almost untouchable in a lot of GM's minds. 

You have to have willing free agents in order to sign them. Wake up time 

Yes, but what does that do for us? WITH just Horford, we have a hole at SG & SF. Any free agent better than Bazemore at those positions (that would be Derozan, Barnes, Batum and Beal) is likely getting maxed. And Bazemore himself would cost upwards of $15 mil. So I ask again, what can we do? None of those guys by themselves are better than Teague+Bazemore so once again it'd result in a offseason where the Hawks got weaker.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Yes, but what does that do for us? WITH just Horford, we have a hole at SG & SF. Any free agent better than Bazemore at those positions (that would be Derozan, Barnes, Batum and Beal) is likely getting maxed. And Bazemore himself would cost upwards of $15 mil. So I ask again, what can we do? None of those guys by themselves are better than Teague+Bazemore so once again it'd result in a offseason where the Hawks got weaker.

I don't know why you are so obsessed over wing players...we would only be losing 1 from last year's team if we don't resign Bazemore.

• Like 1

I don't know why you are so obsessed over wing players...we would only be losing 1 from last year's team if we don't resign Bazemore.

Lol, obsessed? It's not that I'm obsessed with wings , it's that Bazemore is the only one we have close to starting quality. I don't understand why no one else sees it as an issue. We don't need more bigs, we need Horford to step up and a real SF instead of a bunch of stop gaps.

If Horford is so good, why are half the suggestions to move Splitter? A backup should be the least of our worries when both starting wing spots are unoccupied as well backup PG. No one knows how to fill those positions because barring a miracle trade it's not possible.

But I'd love to be proven wrong and hear your suggestion, or anyone else's.

41 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Upwards of fifteen million? Today is Thursday right? Things change like a wildfire in the wind here in the NBA free agency world. Wednesday was fifteen million but today its much more of an abusive handcuff. 

10 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Lol, obsessed? It's not that I'm obsessed with wings , it's that Bazemore is the only one we have close to starting quality. I don't understand why no one else sees it as an issue. We don't need more bigs, we need Horford to step up and a real SF instead of a bunch of stop gaps.

If Horford is so good, why are half the suggestions to move Splitter? A backup should be the least of our worries when both starting wing spots are unoccupied as well backup PG. No one knows how to fill those positions because barring a miracle trade it's not possible.

But I'd love to be proven wrong and hear your suggestion, or anyone else's.

Here's one suggestion off the top: we have $24 mil after Al's caphold, it was said previously we were interested in Deng at $12, that leaves $12, trade Splitter we have $20 for Dwight. IF he needs more decline Scott's  $3.3 mil, give to Dwight. Bring in Jarrett Jack at the MLE as a backup PG.

Now, can you propose something with all the money we'll have besides tanking.

Upwards of fifteen million? Today is Thursday right? Things change like a wildfire in the wind here in the NBA free agency world. Wednesday was fifteen million but today its much more of an abusive handcuff. 

Which reinforces my point that it's not looking good for us.