• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I got word from a family friend of Durant why he doesn't want to come to Atlanta

NBASupes

F8ck him.  What do they or anyone outside of Atlanta really know about "fan support"?  They look at attendance and don't look any further into it.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

F8ck him.  What do they or anyone outside of Atlanta really know about "fan support"?  They look at attendance and don't look any further into it.

Well, we do have shitty fan support in general. I presume it was common knowledge. Al and crew has done a great job getting attention in the city. When Al first got hear, who talked about the Hawks? No one even on local sports radio. Now, we are relevant within Atlanta but we still don't have a large fanbase.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Fan support.

With that said, thank goodness  Al loves the fans, the city and the community as does his family who really loves Atlanta.

For DC, it was more the franchise competence and their management overall.

You ain't gotta lie to kick it. That fam friend is you huh?

Game rec game...

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

You ain't gotta lie to kick it. That fam friend is you huh?

Game rec game...

Nope. His uncle is a guard where I work. I asked him about why Atlanta doesn't get a meeting and Boston does and he said fan support. Now he's not Wayne who's Kevin's dad but Kevin gets him tickets whenever he's in DC. He seems to know why and why not but he says KD is going to take it seriously and doesn't want a short term deal. He could be lying but it seems accurate. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Well, we do have shitty fan support in general. I presume it was common knowledge. Al and crew has done a great job getting attention in the city. When Al first got hear, who talked about the Hawks? No one even on local sports radio. Now, we are relevant within Atlanta but we still don't have a large fanbase.

I will forever reject the notion that the fan support isn't there.  It's the organizational support that's been lacking ... literally for decades.  I defy anyone to name a fanbase that has had to put up with the absolute incompetence in management that we've had to.

IOW, it ain't the fans.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I will forever reject the notion that the fan support isn't there.  It's the organizational support that's been lacking ... literally for decades.  I defy anyone to name a fanbase that has had to put up with the absolute incompetence in management that we've had to.

IOW, it ain't the fans.

I disagree, our management is nice and day better but our fan support is at the bottom of the NBA. You can't deny that much. Look at the attendance 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Nope. His uncle is a guard where I work. I asked him about why Atlanta doesn't get a meeting and Boston does and he said fan support. Now he's not Wayne who's Kevin's dad but Kevin gets him tickets whenever he's in DC. He seems to know why and why not but he says KD is going to take it seriously and doesn't want a short term deal. He could be lying but it seems accurate. 

I'm just guessing but would his uncle be a fat out of shape security guard who "knows the NBA game well"?

and its true in other cities that dont bring in stars and ho hum around they dont sell out either, how can u compare the fan support of OKC to ATL when they drafted superstars so ofcourse the ppl came - they will come whatever town gets to do that, if we had those players and were going to playoffs they would be here too - its been packed the last 2 years there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm just guessing but would his uncle be a fat out of shape security guard who "knows the NBA game well"?

I would say he's average in knowing the game. Barber Shop level. We talked about the playoffs and of course, the Wizards and Thunder.

I don't believe that "uncle" knows one bit about KD's decision.  I have had professional athletes in my family and been around families of professional athletes.   They don't talk about things like that with their parents hardly.  They pay people to do this.   I think the reason you don't see Atlanta is because of Nike.   This is not a huge market for them.   

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I disagree, our management is nice and day better but our fan support is at the bottom of the NBA. You can't deny that much. Look at the attendance 

You don't change decades of ineptitude in 2 years.  That's what I'm talking about.  Of course the fans aren't there.  Why would they be?

1 minute ago, HawkItus said:

I don't believe that "uncle" knows one bit about KD's decision.  I have had professional athletes in my family and been around families of professional athletes.   They don't talk about things like that with their parents hardly.  They pay people to do this.   I think the reason you don't see Atlanta is because of Nike.   This is not a huge market for them.   

This could be true, like I said, he didn't say Kevin directly said this. He got this from Wayne who's in Kevin's circle.