• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I got word from a family friend of Durant why he doesn't want to come to Atlanta

NBASupes

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

F8ck him.  What do they or anyone outside of Atlanta really know about "fan support"?  They look at attendance and don't look any further into it.

Look at attendance?  LOL.  They actually play in the arena.   Durant coming from the craziness in OKC to the docile but sometimes live environment in Philips, would be like going to a UGA football game compared to a Georgia State game.

The people who get mad when ATL fans get blasted, obviously have not gone to other places to watch NBA basketball.

Having said that, what Durant should realize is that Atlanta fans have always cheered for superstar players or guys who can entertain the crowd.

Very few "pure" basketball fans in that city, and even less die hard Hawks fans.  

It is what it simply is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Look at attendance?  LOL.  They actually play in the arena.   Durant coming from the craziness in OKC to the docile but sometimes live environment in Philips, would be like going to a UGA football game compared to a Georgia State game.

The people who get mad when ATL fans get blasted, obviously have not gone to other places to watch NBA basketball.

Having said that, what Durant should realize is that Atlanta fans have always cheered for superstar players or guys who can entertain the crowd.

Very few "pure" basketball fans in that city, and even less die hard Hawks fans.  

It is what it simply is.

Wrong.  You don't have to be present in the building in order to be considered a rabid fan.  You got it right when you said KD should be savvy enough to realize the fans are there, just don't have a real reason to go out.

Look, I'm not gonna argue with you man. Just admit to being wrong so we can all go on with our day. :cool:

When Korver was traded to Atlanta, I remember him saying that he wasn't excited about coming here because of the lack of attendance, but after being here for a year, he appreciated the fans (or something like that). I agree with most people here though, it's both annoying and ironic that a "superstar" is not considering a team because of the fans....you're supposed to bring the fans, not the other way around. 

11 minutes ago, Shige said:

Way to cherry pick.

Did you watch this game?

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/qbblz

And you're not cherry picking?  All you have to do is watch game 4 of the Cleveland series.   Dennis made some great plays, but he made some equally stupid plays (quite a few, I might add), most particularly the final play of the game.

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wrong.  You don't have to be present in the building in order to be considered a rabid fan.  You got it right when you said KD should be savvy enough to realize the fans are there, just don't have a real reason to go out.

Look, I'm not gonna argue with you man. Just admit to being wrong so we can all go on with our day. :cool:

Yes you do ... in an NBA player's eyes.  Durant can't see nor hear your "ranbidness" from home or at a sports bar.

When Sacramento, a franchise that hasn't done anything since the early 2000s, outdraws us last year, ( despite coming off of our 1st Eastern Conference Finals appearance since the team has been in Atlanta ), that's all you need to know about Atlanta fan support.

Might have to start offering lap dances in the RED lounge, to get more support.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

It's too bad that Atlanta has gotten the reputation that it deserves.  

The Hawks are in a rare and enviable position to build a championship team.  The addition of Durant could start a sequence of roster moves that would build a real championship contender.  

Too bad.

51 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

So, he doesn't have any confidence in his own ability to sell tickets?

You see, this is why I don't have a favorite NBA player. They want everything handed to them on a silver platter while demanding loyality from fans at the same time.

Now that's an interesting twist.

23 minutes ago, Watchman said:

And you're not cherry picking?  All you have to do is watch game 4 of the Cleveland series.   Dennis made some great plays, but he made some equally stupid plays (quite a few, I might add), most particularly the final play of the game.

The overall premise of my post was that we don't have players that casual fans want to come see. We have long-term vets that still make crucial mistakes in big games like Teague. I stated I hoped Dennis could become one of those star players that all types of fans would come to games to watch. Dennis was brought up as also not closing out big games as if to invalidate what I was saying about Teague so I added a link to an example of what I saw from Teague this year. 

Dennis may never reach superstar potential but at least his window for doing so is still open where as Teague is pretty close to peak. Don't get my wrong, I do like Teague and the times he takes over games but he is close to maxed out on potential. We'll just have to see how he does in Indy versus Dennis here. 

46 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I just spoke to Al Horford's maid and she thinks that he is leaning towards leaving Atlanta because as she puts it.."He  don't like the Mexican food here." 

Stay tuned...

Oh man, I am out of likes again!!!  Hilarious.

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Fan support.

With that said, thank goodness  Al loves the fans, the city and the community as does his family who really loves Atlanta.

For DC, it was more the franchise competence and their management overall.

If you want fan support, show up and earn the fan support.

8 minutes ago, Watchman said:
55 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I just spoke to Al Horford's maid and she thinks that he is leaning towards leaving Atlanta because as she puts it.."He  don't like the Mexican food here." 

Stay tuned...

Oh man, I am out of likes again!!!  Hilarious.

Perhaps we should check with Al's dry cleaners to see how he feels about the Chinese food in the area.

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

So, he doesn't have any confidence in his own ability to sell tickets?

You see, this is why I don't have a favorite NBA player. They want everything handed to them on a silver platter while demanding loyality from fans at the same time.

Its scary how many likes I am giving you today.. Damn scary

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yes you do ... in an NBA player's eyes.  Durant can't see nor hear your "ranbidness" from home or at a sports bar.

When Sacramento, a franchise that hasn't done anything since the early 2000s, outdraws us last year, ( despite coming off of our 1st Eastern Conference Finals appearance since the team has been in Atlanta ), that's all you need to know about Atlanta fan support.

Might have to start offering lap dances in the RED lounge, to get more support.

Wait, you're saying ... I'd have to start offering lapdances?  Nah, you probably have the legs for it.

I hear you, but what I reject is the notion that it's the fans' fault.  We're not bad fans.

If we had Durant here then our attendance and support would no longer be an issue. This city LOVES star players. 

Also, I didn't know Stephen A. Smith worked as a security guard when his show was over. It makes sense. I wouldn't go near the building.