• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I got word from a family friend of Durant why he doesn't want to come to Atlanta

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, High5 said:

If we had Durant here then our attendance and support would no longer be an issue. This city LOVES star players. 

Also, I didn't know Stephen A. Smith worked as a security guard when his show was over. It makes sense. I wouldn't go near the building. 

They could sell tickets at Finals prices all season long and STILL sell out every game if they brought in Durant to go along with Millsap and Horford...

2 hours ago, DS5 said:

When Korver was traded to Atlanta, I remember him saying that he wasn't excited about coming here because of the lack of attendance, but after being here for a year, he appreciated the fans (or something like that). I agree with most people here though, it's both annoying and ironic that a "superstar" is not considering a team because of the fans....you're supposed to bring the fans, not the other way around. 

Weird comment from a guy that played in Philly where you might get mugged for a turnover at the end of a game. In Kyle's case it would have to be a missed fourth quarter three I guess. I'm a fan of his but in any case I'm a Hawks homer and pretty much don't wallow in other teams or players opinions because everything is PR based in the NBA and what they say may not even be their own opinions  (beat reporters bite in this league) and I won't follow a  Hawk verbally abusing  jerk like Melo anywhere online to make the point.  

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Golden State has ALWAYS had fan support.

I went to games in 2003 and there was about 10000 people in the arena... So no.. They don't.

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Fan support.

With that said, thank goodness  Al loves the fans, the city and the community as does his family who really loves Atlanta.

For DC, it was more the franchise competence and their management overall.

Why don't you tell Mama Durant that all of us here want his lanky A$$ here in ATL. 

(Money signs for evident Max Contract he would be given plus his own memorial we would create right beside Niques)

6 hours ago, HawkItus said:

I don't believe that "uncle" knows one bit about KD's decision.  I have had professional athletes in my family and been around families of professional athletes.   They don't talk about things like that with their parents hardly.  They pay people to do this.   I think the reason you don't see Atlanta is because of Nike.   This is not a huge market for them.   

Lol.... Not a huge market for Nike? We have a huge mall Right outside of Atlanta literally named THE MALL OF GEORGIA! And within that mofo their is loads of Finish Lines,Hibbett Sporta,Academy Sports,Dicks,Foot Locker,Nike,etc. and you're believing that Nike is preventing him from coming to Atlanta? Lol

11 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Lol.... Not a huge market for Nike? We have a huge mall Right outside of Atlanta literally named THE MALL OF GEORGIA! And within that mofo their is loads of Finish Lines,Hibbett Sporta,Academy Sports,Dicks,Foot Locker,Nike,etc. and you're believing that Nike is preventing him from coming to Atlanta? Lol

You have no idea what you are talking about........"the mall" really?  Nike doesn't just deal in shoes/sportswear.   Those stores don't make up the majority of Nike's profits.   

How NIKE Generates Revenues?

NIKE generates its revenues by directly selling to customers or through dealers.

NIKE sells directly to customers through:

• NIKE brand and category experience stores
  • Online sales through www.nike.com and
  • NIKE factory stores

NIKE also reaches out to its customers through its widespread dealer networks that include Footwear stores, sporting goods stores, athletic specialty stores, department stores, skate, tennis and golf shops, and other retail accounts.

The following diagram shows the key revenue and cost elements of NIKE business model.

You see the top bullet points?  You see the section after that bullet point?   They are into the Global market.  Our teams don't hold a global sway like NY, LA, Chicago.   We aren't championship organization that has huge international sales.   

Edited by HawkItus

1 minute ago, HawkItus said:

You have no idea what you are talking about........"the mall" really?  Nike doesn't just deal in shoes/sportswear.   Those stores don't make up the majority of Nike's profits.   

Why would Nike try to pursued him not to sign in Atlanta? Makes no sense to me. Atlanta is the ninth ranked metropolitan area in the U.S. and the fastest growing as well. Who know how big it will be in twenty years.. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

You see the top bullet points?  You see the section after that bullet point?   They are into the Global market.  Our teams don't hold a global sway like NY, LA, Chicago.   We aren't championship organization that has huge international sales.   

You kidding me? We're a top 5 city in the USA. Arguably top 10/15 in the world. If you don't think we can appeal to a global market you're hysterical 

Why would Nike try to pursued him not to sign in Atlanta? Makes no sense to me. Atlanta is the ninth ranked metropolitan area in the U.S. and the fastest growing as well. Who know how big it will be in twenty years.. 

Why don't you tell Mama Durant that all of us here want his lanky A$$ here in ATL. 

(Money signs for evident Max Contract he would be given plus his own memorial we would create right beside Niques)

Who is the last Atlanta athlete with a big Nike campaign?

Sent from my SGH-T399N using Tapatalk

Who is the last Atlanta athlete with a big Nike campaign?

Mike Vick bro.. Not long ago.. Research man and learn. Vick was fckn huge and marketed every where. Maybe not China because it was football but he had a huge Nike deal

Mike Vick bro.. Not long ago.. Research man and learn. Vick was fckn huge and marketed every where. Maybe not China because it was football but he had a huge Nike deal

I lived it 2004...that's a long time ago

I lived it 2004...that's a long time ago

You asked for an Atlanta athlete that had a major Nike campaign.. There you go.. 12 years is a long time? Lmao

11 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Vick is retired. His replacement is 30. Yeah long time sports wise.

You could compile a pretty good list of teams who have not had a star with a Nike campaign in those "12 years"..

New York being at the top of that list. And please don't say Melo or The Other Manning brother. Any other points you wanna make?

1 hour ago, IheartFerry said:

You could compile a pretty good list of teams who have not had a star with a Nike campaign in those "12 years"..

New York being at the top of that list. And please don't say Melo or The Other Manning brother. Any other points you wanna make?

How are you eliminating Melo?  Manning, Odell Beckham, Yankees opendorse.com/blog/highest-paid-athlete-endorsers/

How are you eliminating Melo?  Manning, Odell Beckham, Yankees opendorse.com/blog/highest-paid-athlete-endorsers/

You can add some Atlanta athletes to those minor endorsements.. We are talking big enforcements here.. Melo has been a non factor since leaving Denver that's why