• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Al wants to see team improve the roster before committin

BigDog90

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Until you see how shit this team is without Al. 

Missing the playoffs or losing early in the playoffs is the same thing to me.  At the end of the day the Hawks aren't winning anything in either scenario.

29 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

I actually wonder in FA meetings  did Teague/Korver/Millsap/Horford get involved. I remember in 2013, they went after CP3 and Dwight, I don't recall any reports of who was in the meeting and what was the pitch. 

I know Korver played with Millsap and Millsap played with Carroll in Utah. It makes me wonder why Korver and Millsap couldn't recruit a former teammate like Wesley Matthews. Al's agent was Arn Tellem, same agent for the Lopez brothers. Why couldn't Al get one of them to come to ATL?

I came here to ask this very question - has Al sat in on any of our free agent pitches?

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If Al leaves I don't think we sign D12 and make do. I think we blow up the roster and build around Dennis and rebuild through the draft.

The only thing he's elite at is PnR. You lose Al, his potential drops. Atlanta really f***ed themselves over. That Jeff Teague trade could have waited.

25 minutes ago, Watchman said:

What happens if we can't get Al to commit because he wants better players, but better players don't want to come because Al won't commit? That's the way I see it.  A catch 22 stalemate situation .

I still think this is what is becoming the big issue.  How can it be stopped?  If big name free agents don't want to come here, what do we do?  Move the franchise to Las Vegas?

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Yeah... on one hand I'm happy that the Hawks hand is being forced, but on the other hand... These are a lot of demands from someone that is coming off one of the worst years of his career.

One thing is for sure... Any argument  about loyalty  is BS.Oh, and maybe other players would sign here if he himself was a better player.

Amen

3 minutes ago, IheartFerry said:

Oh please.. You and others would be on this very board bitching if no move were made. That is 100% truth for you. So stop being an ((OSCAR-WINNING FIGURE OF ROYALTY)) and sit back to see what happens. Bud can only do so damn much when players refuse to come here , and that is the sad truth of the situation.

Durant will not even listen to their pitch.

Will not even tickle their fancy after a nice string of playoff runs. What does that say to you Mr. Insider? This has jack to do with Bud or anyone else in the front office , it is all prima Donna players who want to play with teams that have accolades , and that is not the Hawks. Fact!

Out of "likes", but I agree wholeheartedly.

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The only thing he's elite at is PnR. You lose Al, his potential drops. Atlanta really f***ed themselves over. That Jeff Teague trade could have waited.

Who do you mean? Dennis or D12?

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If Al leaves I don't think we sign D12 and make do. I think we blow up the roster and build around Dennis and rebuild through the draft.

Build around Dennis? We as fans are getting addicted to mediocrity.

5 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

I'm usually with supes but he is in panic mode right now. I agree with @IheartFerry. We just gotta sit back and watch. The best thing the front office can do is not hand out idiotic contracts.

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2

8 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

I'm usually with supes but he is in panic mode right now. I agree with @IheartFerry. We just gotta sit back and watch. The best thing the front office can do is not hand out idiotic contracts.

Extreme alert, nothing said Al was could be gone. Nothing. This we need to get better. That puts Bud's system on blast and this ruins everything for next year. Even if you sign Dwight, it will fail as a #1 or #2. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Extreme alert, nothing said Al was could be gone. Nothing. This we need to get better. That puts Bud's system on blast and this ruins everything for next year. Even if you sign Dwight, it will fail as a #1 or #2. 

OK under the assumption horford bolts. What 2 free agent pieces would you choose to have the best fit around dennis? 

Dennis and millsap seem like the only locks so who fits best with them

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

What - can you take your time and read what you wrote and re-write it.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Do we agree that this is a good situation for a star to walk into? Do we agree that this system and front court is an excellent opportunity for Durant to walk into and make a difference?

If we do agree Supes , then please tell me why he refuses to even sit in with the hawks? Is it playoff apperences? I think we both say its not that. Is it winning? Cannot be that either. Maybe its coach Bud? I am sorry , as stubborn as he can be at times , coach Bud is a helluva coach. 

So what is it? Media perception of the Hawks? Hope he is not that feeble minded. Or is it the Lebron template? Is Durant looking for a tailored made team with other superstars for a cannot lose opportunity? I think that is it. I think it's the fact that there is no glory on being a Hawk like a Celtic or Heat legend. Sorry

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Build around Dennis? We as fans are getting addicted to mediocrity.

Dennis is a proven PG with a lot of room to grow. He's by far the only long term player on our team not counting the two rookies. If we blow it up that means Horford gone, Baze gone, Thabo and Millsap prolly traded. Whose left to build around? Why is Dennis suddenly considered mediocre? He's looked great when given minutes.

• Like 2