• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Al wants to see team improve the roster before committin

BigDog90

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

Dennis is a proven PG with a lot of room to grow. He's by far the only long term player on our team not counting the two rookies. If we blow it up that means Horford gone, Baze gone, Thabo and Millsap prolly traded. Whose left to build around? Why is Dennis suddenly considered mediocre? He's looked great when given minutes.

Dennis is not a superstar. You can't build around 'good' players and expect to win a Championship. The last few seasons have shown us this. He hasn't even proven that he can start yet.

• Premium Member
Just now, hawkman said:

Dennis is not a superstar. You can't build around 'good' players and expect to win a Championship. The last few seasons have shown us this. He hasn't even proven that he can start yet.

He has definitely shown he can start. He's not a superstar yet but he has the potential to be one or at least a consistent All Star level player. I agree that you can't win a title without superstars but we have to find ours in the draft. No FA is coming through those doors and we apparently can't trade for one either. The only way left to get one is in the draft.

• Premium Member
Just now, Sothron said:

He has definitely shown he can start. He's not a superstar yet but he has the potential to be one or at least a consistent All Star level player. I agree that you can't win a title without superstars but we have to find ours in the draft. No FA is coming through those doors and we apparently can't trade for one either. The only way left to get one is in the draft.

Eh, I'm not so sure about that. He started for Teague for a stretch last season and the bloom fell off the rose pretty quick. But I hope he takes advantage of the opportunity this season and becomes what you and others think he can become because he's all we have at PG now. I don't trust him as a starter. I really don't trust him with the game on the line. I hope he proves me wrong.

11 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Agreed. Look at his poor shooting and the extreme slums he has. Is he really  going to be more efficient while playing 13-15 MPG more?

Just now, Hotlanta1981 said:

Agreed. Look at his poor shooting and the extreme slums he has. Is he really  going to be more efficient while playing 13-15 MPG more?

The guy is still very young. You cannot see the possibility of him blooming and reaching a potential that is very high. Let's not act like Teague was head and shoulders his superior even at his youthful and inexperienced age. I think a bunch of folks way undervalue the kid

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Eh, I'm not so sure about that. He started for Teague for a stretch last season and the bloom fell off the rose pretty quick. But I hope he takes advantage of the opportunity this season and becomes what you and others think he can become because he's all we have at PG now. I don't trust him as a starter. I really don't trust him with the game on the line. I hope he proves me wrong.

No choice at this point. He has shown often what he can do well on offense though very inconsistent but defensively he has so much more impact than Jeff. Apparently its not just about speed its what the point guard does with it on the court. Jeff would fall asleep at times but Dennis will grind his fillings out playing balls to the wall. Cut the turnovers and the twenty two year old player mistakes and we will be ahead. Remembering the saying "speed kills" and I'm hoping Dennis's speed kills other teams.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, IheartFerry said:

The guy is still very young. You cannot see the possibility of him blooming and reaching a potential that is very high. Let's not act like Teague was head and shoulders his superior even at his youthful and inexperienced age. I think a bunch of folks way undervalue the kid

But there's a HUGE leap between saying he has potential and saying we need to build around this guy. Why not build around Baze then?  I mean c'mon guys let him at least get to the All Star break as a starter.

Just now, JTB said:

Not going to be able to sleep tonight! Can't wait until 12:01 hits

I think it will turn out a did for everyone.. Watch lmao

• Premium Member

Wow, some people in here are acting like Horford had already signed with another team.

CALM DOWN, FOLKS! EASY! I'm calling BS on this.

I want Horford to be re-signed and I still think he will when it's all said and done. However, if any of this "Horford wants to go so he can be a full-time PF elsewhere" is true, then I say "GO". Horford is a C and he won't be better than last year playing full-time PF. If he really wants to be one of the softest bigs in all of the NBA, he can do just that. Just not in the ATL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hawkman said:

But there's a HUGE leap between saying he has potential and saying we need to build around this guy. Why not build around Baze then?  I mean c'mon guys let him at least get to the All Star break as a starter.

Because we have one true point guard on the roster period. We have six swings and thats with not really knowing what Patterson is at this point. Hell with our coaching THJ could end up being more effective especially since he would not be required to play out of position like Baze. So much fracking money. 

1 minute ago, IheartFerry said:

I think it will turn out a did for everyone.. Watch lmao

Nah, it'll be eventful.  There will be a lot of movement IMEO.  There'll be a lot of panic overpays

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, hawkman said:

He has considerably more good than bad games. He has shown a much higher ceiling than Teague on both ends of the court.

Just now, kg01 said:

Nah, it'll be eventful.  There will be a lot of movement IMEO.  There'll be a lot of panic overpays

Typical NBA money waste. I have seen this movie before and it almost always duds. You could be right but my money is on zzzzzzzzz

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

He has considerably more good than bad games. He has shown a much higher ceiling than Teague on both ends of the court.

Marvin Williams had a projected 'higher ceiling' than Al Harrington.

1 minute ago, hawkman said:

Marvin "rubitz cube" Williams lacks the drive and motor of Dennis. Comparison is a bit silly

9 minutes ago, hawkman said:

No choice at this point. He has shown often what he can do well on offense though very inconsistent but defensively he has so much more impact than Jeff. Apparently its not just about speed its what the point guard does with it on the court. Jeff would fall asleep at times but Dennis will grind his fillings out playing balls to the wall. Cut the turnovers and the twenty two year old player mistakes and we will be ahead. Remembering the saying "speed kills" and I'm hoping Dennis's speed kills other teams. Meant to post this in reference to two different posts. Sorry for any confusion other than mine.   

9 minutes ago, hawkman said:

2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

It's pretty spot on actually if you consider the context.

Not at all actually.. I like Dennis and what the future holds. I like his aggressive playing style and potential. Marvin has always been slow and lumbering. Comparison is wack

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, hawkman said:

But everyone in that draft was screaming for Deron Williams or Chris Paul. Only one idiot ruined that.

Not the same situation here. Teague was consistent in being inconsistent and mediocre. Dennis at his best shows far more than Teague ever did.

• Like 1