• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

THE NBA FREE AGENCY THREAD

42 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Bud .... go get Dwyane Wade.  Pay the man.  Sell his name to the city to pump some excitement into the franchise.

His wife tapes her TV show (  Being Mary Jane ) in Atlanta.  It'll be nice to see Gabby at courtside, photobombing Wade and others.

If we're not competing for championships, at least make Philips Arena more of an attraction for celebrities.  

4 yrs at the MAX, with opt out after year 2.

:Bud: "Are you trying to sell me on Wade or his wife?" 

:Scott: "Did somebody say photo bomb?"

27 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

I was sorta hoping he'd go under the radar and we could get him later in the week.... But nah Indy just killing all our dreams at the moment. Them,Boston,and NYK 

Boston hasn't done crap.  They keep leaking info that they are interested in everyone.  Looking pretty desperate.

1 minute ago, ATLSmith said:

:Bud: "Are you trying to sell me on Wade or his wife?" 

:Scott: "Did somebody say photo bomb?"

Package deal.  Wade increases the visibility of the franchise on the court.  He's the one that basketball fans will come out to see, and becomes the face of the franchise.

Gabby increases the visibility of the franchise on and off the court. Imagine Koonin utilizing a "black" Hollywood A-lister like Gabrielle to help sell the Hawks to casual fans.  He could use her in commercials and in-game promos and activities.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Package deal.  Wade increases the visibility of the franchise on the court.  He's the one that basketball fans will come out to see, and becomes the face of the franchise.

Gabby increases the visibility of the franchise on and off the court. Imagine Koonin utilizing a "black" Hollywood A-lister like Gabrielle to help sell the Hawks to casual fans.  He could use her in commercials and in-game promos and activities.

Yeah, if only we could pair Gabby with Al's lovely wife.  Attendance would increase I think.

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm not sold on Wade.  I think he has one more year left in the tank.  Then what do we do with him?

• Like 1

Why would anyone want Wade?

Let's just rebuild already. I know it sucks now, but come next June, when we have a top 3 pick and whatever we got from Millsap to pair with Dennis, we are going to be more excited at a potential star than what we are excited for now.

• Like 1

Take it FWIW, but it's rumored that if Al Horford had a 5 year max deal in hand from Atlanta, he'd have re upped already. So Zach Lowe is right so far on Atlanta being wary about that 5th year. And it sounds like its more like this then Horford really wants to compete.

Just now, Twinblade said:

And they will still miss the playoffs.

How do you figure that? 

Teague

Thad Young

Paul George 

And big Al.. 

That squad is a three seed at worst.. Could be a two seed