• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

THE NBA FREE AGENCY THREAD

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think he was desperate to get James back and avoid plunging into irrelevancy.  

Perhaps.  Some of the MIA media guys have been on NBARadio in the past few weeks hintimating (you like that) that Riley felt Wade turned his back on the Heat in the midst of James' leaving.  Thinking Wade certainly knew James was leaving before the organization did and did not warn them/allowed them to make a lot of decisions anticipating James' return (drafting that guard-stiff from UCONN and some other moves).

This seems counter to Wade's actions, i.e. opting out of that deal.  Who knows?  The anti-Wade stuff sounded like Riley-planted stuff, especially since no anti-Heat or negative stuff comes from the MIA media about that organization.

Dion must be thinking...... I should have taken my 1 year QO of $6.9 mil when it was still on the table.  Now he's making less over 2 years....duuuuummy.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dion must be thinking...... I should have taken my 1 year QO of $6.9 mil when it was still on the table.  Now he's making less over 2 years....duuuuummy.

He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed on or off the court.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Dion had delusions of grandeur ... way overrated player who should be on the Lakers with Nick Young and Lou Williams ... can you imagine the shot selection from that trio??

This is what happens when one thinks he's better than one actual is and won't put the work in.

• Admin
31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is what happens when one thinks he's better than one actual is and won't put the work in.

A few years ago he was arguing with John Wall that he and Kyrie Irving were the best backcourt in the NBA while I would think they (Dion/Irving) were closer to 30th then 1

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Harkless just signed a 4 your 40 million dollar contract to resign with the Blazers ... 

That's a freakin steal for the Blazers! Who the hell represents Mo, that person needs to be fired ASAP lol

22 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

That's a freakin steal for the Blazers! Who the hell represents Mo, that person needs to be fired ASAP lol

He should have taken his QO and become unrestricted next year, or at least sign a shorter deal. Fire your agent buddy.

• Premium Member

It always amuses me when pure chuckers like Waiters, Nick Young, etc. are given low deals because the rest of the NBA knows their actual value. Waiters is one of the most oblivious players I have ever seen in the league in terms of how he sees himself.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It always amuses me when pure chuckers like Waiters, Nick Young, etc. are given low deals because the rest of the NBA knows their actual value. Waiters is one of the most oblivious players I have ever seen in the league in terms of how he sees himself.

al_horford.jpg  "My ears are ringing.  Feels like somebody's talking about me or sumthing."

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

al_horford.jpg  "My ears are ringing.  Feels like somebody's talking about me or sumthing."

There are reasons to dump on Horford but I don't see this as one.  He saw himself as worthy of a max deal and he got one.  Unlike Waiters, on the court he has always played within himself and generally played to his strengths.  He's not immune to criticism by any means but having a fundamental disconnect between the way he sees himself and the way the rest of the league sees him seems much more a Josh Smith issue than an Al Horford one.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

There are reasons to dump on Horford but I don't see this as one.  He saw himself as worthy of a max deal and he got one.  Unlike Waiters, on the court he has always played within himself and generally played to his strengths.  He's not immune to criticism by any means but having a fundamental disconnect between the way he sees himself and the way the rest of the league sees him seems much more a Josh Smith issue than an Al Horford one.

:Korver: "Mang, he thought he was the black me up in dis bish."

I reserve the right to dump on wHorf for whatever reason I want.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

:Korver: "Mang, he thought he was the black me up in dis bish."

I reserve the right to dump on wHorf for whatever reason I want.

I'd leave him rejecting your invite to prom out of it, though.  Some things better left behind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

There are reasons to dump on Horford but I don't see this as one.  He saw himself as worthy of a 5 year max deal and he didn't get one.  Unlike Waiters, on the court he has always played within himself and generally played to his strengths.  He's not immune to criticism by any means but having a fundamental disconnect between the way he sees himself and the way the rest of the league sees him seems much more a Josh Smith issue than an Al Horford one.

fixed

Edited by rd79
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AHF said:

I dunno. Gotta remember this is the same guy that thinks he's going to opt out of that Boston deal after year 3 and then get himself another 4 or 5 year max contract - at age 33...