• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So long and thanks for all the fish to Hawksfanatic

Admin

53 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

It should be fixed now. Glad y'all like it. About time we get to put Dwight up in our banner without it being for clowning him. 

@Dolfan23  'unread Content' still not working for me.

18 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Not working in what way? If it's just that one is behind the other then it's probably just a cache issue. 

getting this:

1. [[Template core/front/streams/streamItems is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  2. Load more activity

• Moderators

No butting heads with me though I appreciate the Dude nod.  I loved having HF on this site and know we are poorer for losing him.  Hope he reconsiders sometime in the future but my best bet is that he got snatched up by an NBA team and had to bail for conflict of interest reasons.  Unless and until you return, HF, best of luck to you and your loved ones.i

100794-Jeff-Spicoli-tasty-waves-cool-TcH

• Like 2

I blame @Dolfan23 for this.  It wasn't long ago when Fanatic was asking you permission to go hang at the local soda shop and look at him now!  Loitering in parking lots smoking butts with non-desirables! 

I knew it was the beginning of the end once he first got the taste of fame over at PTH (stay with me, google hits count as fame in this scenario).  Why waste time battling trolls on the 'Squawk when he could troll the world?  I will miss my 90s pop culture discussion partner and fellow cantankerous coot but I guess I can get @JayBirdHawk to do my cap math HW now though.

This talking butt goes out to you, old friend.

asstalk.gif~c200

• Like 2

On 7/3/2016 at 4:06 PM, AHF said:

No butting heads with me though I appreciate the Dude nod.  I loved having HF on this site and know we are poorer for losing him.  Hope he reconsiders sometime in the future but my best bet is that he got snatched up by an NBA team and had to bail for conflict of interest reasons.  Unless and until you return, HF, best of luck to you and your loved ones.i

imagegif

Don't worry, AH, we'll find someone to argue with you (senselessly and incessantly).  Personally I nominate @MaceCase.  Seems to love a good senseless argument.  It's why he'll die alone.  Modern day Ebenezer Scrooge of the Nor' East up in dis b*tch.

Back to HF, at what point is it acceptable for this thread to devolve to wild speculation about the "real" reason for his departure?  He would've wanted it that way methinks.

On 7/3/2016 at 11:03 AM, Dolfan23 said:
On 7/3/2016 at 0:33 PM, Spud2Nique said:

BTW, isn't Robert Paulson meat loaf on fight club? :-) wtf

Ladies and Gents he is gone. He went out Sopranos style with the fade to black and his account his 100% gone, deleted, and unrecoverable. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

As the internet is everywhere.. Unless Fanatic is one of these doomsday preppers...  Dude.. Come back anytime.   You can log in under the name guest... We won't raise an eyebrown when you start spouting out cap knowledge.

Hawksquawk4Life my friend.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Don't worry, AH, we'll find someone to argue with you (senselessly and incessantly).  Personally I nominate @MaceCase.  Seems to love a good senseless argument.  It's why he'll die alone.  Modern day Ebenezer Scrooge of the Nor' East up in dis b*tch.

How very 'burb of you.

:approved:

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

As the internet is everywhere.. Unless Fanatic is one of these doomsday preppers...  Dude.. Come back anytime.   You can log in under the name guest... We won't raise an eyebrown when you start spouting out cap knowledge.

Hawksquawk4Life my friend.

He owes us a return.  All that talk of numbers and still no explanation of 42.  Thanks for all the fish indeed.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 7/3/2016 at 0:35 PM, High5 said:

Was he Al Horford this whole time? I'm confused.

This would be interesting.  IF Al Horford = Hawksfanatic.   That would mean that when we offered him less than the max, he knew how much we could offer and how much LT we could absorb.. Probably calculated out stretch provisions and ... but it would also mean that he was well aware that his rebounding numbers were not up to par.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I realize this is not going to be a popular opinion but it is honest and I have reasons to have it.

Good riddance, frankly. You wouldn't believe the crazy things this guy said to me in PM conversations. He was the only poster on the site that could routinely personally attack other posters and mostly get away with it. He's been on my ignore list for years now after the last crazy PM conversation. Glad I won't have to see his posts quoted by others.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I realize this is not going to be a popular opinion but it is honest and I have reasons to have it.

Good riddance, frankly. You wouldn't believe the crazy things this guy said to me in PM conversations. He was the only poster on the site that could routinely personally attack other posters and mostly get away with it. He's been on my ignore list for years now after the last crazy PM conversation. Glad I won't have to see his posts quoted by others.

I don't really have love or hate for the guy but I definitely agree that he would outright attack people and it mostly went ignored.  Pretty blatantly too.

Also, I'm not that interested in cap material anyways unless I'm trying to put myself to sleep or something......<yawn>  I'll leave that up to the experts.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

:laugh: Get 'im, Soth.  Dance on that grave.

Wow there are a lot of people making assumptions around here lately about the moderation of this site.  I just want to throw the hammer down here and say that if you think people "got away" with this or that without the mod team scolding them then it shows what little faith you have in us. I can absolutely guarantee and would gladly offer proof of the NUMEROUS times that he was warned, scolded, temp suspended, etc. over the years for his outbursts.  It's ridiculous that some people feel we give preferential treatment to anyone on here and that they're above the law. Nobody here is above the law and I've even asked the other mods to get on me when I've crossed the line or hopefully stop me before I cross it. We all have day jobs and my new job I started 3 months ago has kept me extremely busy so I've been absent in terms of moderating but I have complete faith that the other mods have done their best to be fair and impartial in keeping things in check. If you feel like someone is getting away with something then report it and we'll deal with it. Otherwise if you're just sitting there cursing the moderating under your breath without saying something then that's on you. 

• Like 1

like whatever

Nah, I'm kidding.  Modz do a great job here.  We typically do a good  job policing ourselves a bit too although I can think of a few posters who probably need some TLC from the modz.  There's a few here who constantly derail threads with gifs and other shenanigans.  Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

like whatever

Nah, I'm kidding.  Modz do a great job here.  We typically do a good  job policing ourselves a bit too although I can think of a few posters who probably need some TLC from the modz.  There's a few here who constantly derail threads with gifs and other shenanigans.  Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

I've never seen your sister in that shirt but she looks pretty good in it. Certainly better than her normal Celtics gear your family reps. 

• Like 1