• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Dwight brings eyes to the Hawks?

BigDog90

If you look past the stickum incident, Dwight has been getting nothing but good PR. 

He should bring a new set of eyes on the Hawks.  There's potential new rivalries - Harden vs. Dwight (HOU vs. ATL) and Dwight vs. Al (ATL vs. Boston), these two games got to be on NBA on TNT not NBA TV or just SportSouth next season.

It's sad Hawks usually only get NBA on TNT games for MLK Day and playoffs.

Dwight is with Shaq's old agent and Shaq and Dwight must be cool, he did the Blood Drive for Sager and the Inside The NBA interview. It'd only be right for NBA on TNT show to return the favor.

• Like 1

nah, it's gonna take a lot more to get the national media to play attention to the Hawks. 
If we get off to a good start , we'll get to replace some of the ESPN/TNT games that they give the Knicks , after Rose , and Noah get injured again.

Edited by pimp

25 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

If you look past the stickum incident, Dwight has been getting nothing but good PR. 

He should bring a new set of eyes on the Hawks.  There's potential new rivalries - Harden vs. Dwight (HOU vs. ATL) and Dwight vs. Al (ATL vs. Boston), these two games got to be on NBA on TNT not NBA TV or just SportSouth next season.

It's sad Hawks usually only get NBA on TNT games for MLK Day and playoffs.

Dwight is with Shaq's old agent and Shaq and Dwight must be cool, he did the Blood Drive for Sager and the Inside The NBA interview. It'd only be right for NBA on TNT show to return the favor.

He does in Atlanta for the first couple of weeks. The hype of the squad next year will be sky high. I know I will watch. 

55 minutes ago, pimp said:

nah, it's gonna take a lot more to get the national media to play attention to the Hawks. 
If we get off to a good start , we'll get to replace some of the ESPN/TNT games that they give the Knicks , after Rose , and Noah get injured again.

Yeah, I figured the Knicks would a lot of the games the Bulls would get. I can't see Rondo/Butler/Dunleavy/Taj/Lopez as a good draw .

Somebody got to fill the Lakers void too.

I don't think he moves the needle much in Atlanta.  Even casual fans know his athleticism is signifigantly diminished.  Us hardcore fans know the fit isn't ideal.  A string of 20 and 15 games from Dwight versus good competition will bring them out.  Atlanta fans just need to be assured they're gonna see a show.  This simply isn't a basketball town.

It took a flawless 5 game Western trip versus LAC, Houston, Dallas, OKC, and Portland to spark the fans' and media's interest during the 60 win campaign, peaking with a home win over GS that probably had more media attendance than our Conference Final did.  Had the Spurs been in the middle of that trip, the usual 15 point loss would've killed all the momentum.  That's how fickle the attention is.

Edited by benhillboy