Can we put together an offer to get Westbrook?

tonegully

26 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Honestly in my opinion Westbrick is the top reason OKC hasn't been a legit Championship contender. I will never be fans of his or James Harden's for the way they left KD stranded in the 2011 finals. They had zero reason losing to Miami the way they did.

Whoa, wait a minute.  Westbrook played well in the 2012 Finals.  It was Harden and especially Ibaka who didn't show up.

I wouldn't mind it if we ended up with Westbrook but I do see the holes in his game.  He's a top 5 player in the league despite the obvious holes in his game so it's almost always worth it.  Would be a fantastic trade piece if it looks like it's not going to work out.  Just make sure to trade him before that athleticism starts to wane ...

Low-efficiency ball hog. Longest "hold-per-pass" of any PG in the NBA, and it's not even close. Star power to bring out the fans and get talked about on ESPeein', scoring macheen, but no thanks. What good is 35/night if everybody else's nimbers suffer. Shredder gonna shred this year and Sap is top 5 PF in the Association...

Edited by hazer

I'm feeling a Westbrook trade if they can get him to play the two.  Yes, the Hawks most likely, for the short term, are a better team with Dennis and Sap, but, long term, they still need some scoring.  Bembry and Prince may work out,  they may not.  I say do the deal and bring Jack in to run the offense:

pg jack

sg westbrook

sf baze

pf splitter

c howard

6 minutes ago, hazer said:

Low-efficiency ball hog. Longest "hold-per-pass" of any PG in the NBA, and it's not even close. Star power to bring out the fans and get talked about on ESPeein', scoring macheen, but no thanks. What good is 35/night if everybody else's nimbers suffer. Shredder gonna shred this year and Sap is top 5 PF in the Association...

Wait, wait, wait, we're getting a little out of control here.  I agree he's a ballhog but if that wholly inefficient bunch could get to the Finals and get to being 1 game away from the Finals in the West just this past year (against the greatest regular season team in history), could we not do quite well in the East with him?  I mean, Budz ain't no slouch up in dis.

I'm fully on the bandwagon of what we've got on the team now, but man Westbrook would be kinda nice too.  Jussayin'

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Wait, wait, wait, we're getting a little out of control here.  I agree he's a ballhog but if that wholly inefficient bunch could get to the Finals and get to being 1 game away from the Finals in the West just this past year (against the greatest regular season team in history), could we not do quite well in the East with him?  I mean, Budz ain't no slouch up in dis.

I'm fully on the bandwagon of what we've got on the team now, but man Westbrook would be kinda nice too.  Jussayin'

3 words: KD

Just now, hazer said:

3 words: KD

Das dat new maff I guess? :laugh:

:Korver: "Errythang add up to 3 for me, kg."

I hear you, hazer.  But we in da East.  We don't need KD to get to the Finals, mang.

12 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I'm feeling a Westbrook trade if they can get him to play the two.  Yes, the Hawks most likely, for the short term, are a better team with Dennis and Sap, but, long term, they still need some scoring.  Bembry and Prince may work out,  they may not.  I say do the deal and bring Jack in to run the offense:

pg jack

sg westbrook

sf baze

pf splitter

c howard

That lineup has a thirty percent career three point shooter at SG along with giving up on our long time future PG in Dennis. In the finals both teams had very good three point shooters at SG.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Das dat new maff I guess? :laugh:

:Korver: "Errythang add up to 3 for me, kg."

I hear you, hazer.  But we in da East.  We don't need KD to get to the Finals, mang.

AND grammer, those were letters, not words :crazy_pilot:

8 minutes ago, Thomas said:

That lineup has a thirty percent career three point shooter at SG along with giving up on our long time future PG in Dennis. In the finals both teams had very good three point shooters at SG.

There is no team in the league that wouldn't sign Westbrook if they could...

He is the most vicious competitor the game has seen since Allen Iverson, don't let that bog hall crap fool you, Westbrook IS the real deal:

russell-westbrook-3-and-strut-game-4-aga

e50ho2.gif

russell-westbrook-thunderous-slam-b.gif?

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

Just now, Hawkmoor said:

There is no team in the league that wouldn't sign Westbrook if they could...

As a shooting guard? The teams in the finals might turn their noses up at signing him for either guard spot. .

30 minutes ago, hazer said:

Everything you said is WHY the Hawks need to trade for Westbrook...:laugh:  People said the SAME thing about Dominique, and the Hawks STILL haven't been able to replace him...

Edited by Hawkmoor

Some of you guys have entirely too much confidence in Schröder this year. How is he gonna be a top 10 PG in his first year starting.

Steph Curry

Russell Westbrook

Chris Paul

Kyle Lowry

John Wall

Damian Lillard

Mike Conley

Kyrie Irving

Tony Parker

Jeff Teague

The only way I see Schröder cracking that list is Tony Parker falling off due to age. I would trade Schröder, picks, and other players for Westbrook in a heartbeat; I'm not giving up Millsap though.

• Like 2

Guess y'all want a new coach too, cause that ain't Budball. Unless RWB is willing to go back to school and enroll in Hawks U.....

• Admin
28 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

Everything you said is WHY the Hawks need to trade for Westbrook...:laugh:  People said the SAME thing about Dominique, and the Hawks STILL haven't been able to replace him...

We don't have the assets anyway ... our picks are in 20s ... Schröder plus our young guys are not even close to being enough to get OKC to even listen.  It is completely moot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

By a team with much more talent than us. Coaching is not the issue.

That's my point. Relying  on "the system" without the best players is doom to fail. A great NBA coach needs to adjust  to the talent at the NBA.

Sap and Korver fit the system, but I'd rather have Westbrook taking the last shots in the playoffs over them.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

We never thought Bud would want Dwight too.

Why not? He had post player Tim Duncan in SA. Bud knows how to coach an inside-the-paint player anchoring down low on the block.

42 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Budball got swept in theplayoffs the last two years.

Because Hawks didn't have good enough players to execute Budball all the way to the Finals. Teague was too timid and Alice was too soft. So they're gone. Some more need to go in trades. The idea will be to eventually get a Star (or 2) who have that dawg in them and a chip on their shoulder like Shredder and Blaze do, who are ALSO willing/eager to learn/play Budball. If RWB would be willing, I wouldn't be mad. He'd be a sight to behold if he embraced Budball. With a tweak to the system of course, you adjust to an inside presence like D12 and dynamic scorer like RWB. If he wasn't willing to buy into Budball we'd be just about where we are now (knocked out in ECFs) with an exciting scorer, which some wouldn't mind that we still weren't making it to the Finals as long as they got to watch RWB. I also think D12 has a chip on his shoulder now and will try to redeem himself, so go ahead and add him to that feistiness list with Shredder and Blaze. And who'd replace Sap, maybe the feistiest of them all?

Edited by hazer