Can we put together an offer to get Westbrook?

tonegully

That's my point. Relying  on "the system" without the best players is doom to fail. A great NBA coach needs to adjust  to the talent at the NBA.

Sap and Korver fit the system, but I'd rather have Westbrook taking the last shots in the playoffs over them.

You say that as if every team isn't aware of that. There are only so many superstars in the league, and now more than ever they are clustered in groups of two or three. If Bud could get a superstar, they'd be on the team.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

We don't have the assets anyway ... our picks are in 20s ... Schröder plus our young guys are not even close to being enough to get OKC to even listen.  It is completely moot.

Funny you said that because the point of the bleacher report article is the fact that the Hawks are one of just a couple of teams that do have the assets to acquire Westbrook...

54 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

That's my point. Relying  on "the system" without the best players is doom to fail. A great NBA coach needs to adjust  to the talent at the NBA.

Sap and Korver fit the system, but I'd rather have Westbrook taking the last shots in the playoffs over them.

I agree. How many championships would Phil Jackson have won without jordan, pippen, kobe, shaq?  Wait, we will never know because Phil isn't gonna coach a team without superstars. In fact, if Kerr was a coach that clashed with his players,  Phil would jump at the opportunity to coach the Warriors, then get all the accolades that it was HIM that won the championship...:laugh:

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, hazer said:

Because Hawks didn't have good enough players to execute Budball all the way to the Finals. Teague was too timid and Alice was too soft. So they're gone. Some more need to go in trades. The idea will be to eventually get a Star (or 2) who have that dawg in them and a chip on their shoulder like Shredder and Blaze do, who are ALSO willing/eager to learn/play Budball. If RWB would be willing, I wouldn't be mad. He'd be a sight to behold if he embraced Budball. With a tweak to the system of course, you adjust to an inside presence like D12 and dynamic scorer like RWB. If he wasn't willing to buy into Budball we'd be just about where we are now (knocked out in ECFs) with an exciting scorer, which some wouldn't mind that we still weren't making it to the Finals as long as they got to watch RWB. I also think D12 has a chip on his shoulder now and will try to redeem himself, so go ahead and add him to that feistiness list with Shredder and Blaze. And who'd replace Sap, maybe the feistiest of them all?

That's my point. The system isn't going to get it done on its own. Sometimes a coach will have to take on a player that doesn't fit the system perfectly. That's all I'm saying.

Honestly, the better question is whether or not the Hawks can wiggle their way into a trade for Jimi Butler.  No way CHI keeps him, right?  I mean, they are planning on tanking right?  I wonder if they even realize it yet.  THJr a coupla-1sts or whatever.  I 'on't know.  Whaddu you dummies think?

25 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I agree. How many championships would Phil Jackson have won without jordan, pippen, kobe, shaq?  Wait, we will never know because Phil isn't gonna coach a team without superstars. In fact, if Kerr was a coach that clashed with his players,  Phil would jump at the opportunity to coach the Warriors, then get all the accolades that it was HIM that won the championship...:laugh:

Yes, thats the truth about Phil. Likes a finished product but can't seem to create one. We'll see how long his one wheeled newcomers last this upcoming season.

• Moderators
Just now, Thomas said:

Yes, thats the truth about Phil. Likes a finished product but can't seem to create one. We'll see how long his one wheeled newcomers last this upcoming season.

Yep.  I always wanted to see him take on a middle of the pack team and see how he did instead of just rosters with multiple first ballot HOFers.

51 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Honestly, the better question is whether or not the Hawks can wiggle their way into a trade for Jimi Butler.  No way CHI keeps him, right?  I mean, they are planning on tanking right?  I wonder if they even realize it yet.  THJr a coupla-1sts or whatever.  I 'on't know.  Whaddu you dummies think?

Lol ....uve been reading too much hawkmoor and hotlanta stuff...love the ((GRAMMIES)) ...I would get frustrated reading some stuff too so I quickly scroll past garbage posts of some people. 

Something about being called a dummy makes me flash back to when my Mom would call me one when I blew a test in elementary school. I don't always agree with everyone on here but I know better than to think other posters on here are dummies by default because we're not on the same page. Yeah I know, it sounds like a personal problem.      

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Something about being called a dummy makes me flash back to when my Mom would call me one when I blew a test in elementary school. I don't always agree with everyone on here but I know better than to think other posters on here are dummies by default because we're not on the same page. Yeah I know, it sounds like a personal problem.      

Meant no offense, Th.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Funny you said that because the point of the bleacher report article is the fact that the Hawks are one of just a couple of teams that do have the assets to acquire Westbrook...

What are said assets?  Schröder /Prince / Bembry would cause OKC to hang up 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Meant no offense, Th.

Hey kg you have never been offensive to me. Just a post in general about derogatory style posts from anyone that uses insults to help make a point.

26 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol ....uve been reading too much hawkmoor and hotlanta stuff...love the ((GRAMMIES)) ...I would get frustrated reading some stuff too so I quickly scroll past garbage posts of some people. 

I do like the Grammies too :-) Thanks mods!

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Thomas said:

If you are ever having issues with that pm one or more of the mods.  Our goal is to have a site where people can disagree strongly and still respect eachother.

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

If you are ever having issues with that pm one or more of the mods.  Our goal is to have a site where people can disagree strongly and still respect eachother.

Thanks for posting this but I will concentrate on growing a thicker skin and hopefully be a stronger fan as the outcome.

• Premium Member

Bulls are not trading Butler. They almost made a deal with the TWolves at the draft but decided to keep him and rebuild around him. Why they brought in Rondo when they should be tanking is beyond me.

• Like 1