• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Big Al Adressess the Hawks fans

Blunt91

1 hour ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Didn't Demarre write a full page letter to the fans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, capstone21 said:

He should have tweeted that out first before doing the Celtic Pride one instead of waiting 4 days

I never seen him show any Hawks pride like he did in that Boston tweet. He just usually tweet out "Good home win".

6 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Not to quibble, but that statement is clear as, uh, mud.  In fact, I'd say it was just the opposite.  The Hawks were willing (seemingly by all accounts) to trade away a better player in PM to accommodate Al after conceding to the five year deal that Al wanted.  They were short on the money in terms of annual salary but it was, what, $28.2 to $27.2 on average?  Had it been about the money Al would have taken the Hawks deal which would have paid him $23M MORE and given him more security (5th year).  I think the Hawks actions showed pretty clearly that he was wanted in Atlanta by Atlanta every bit as much (if not more) than the Celtics. 

Not to get too far off subject, but I'd argue that Alice actually saved the Hawks from doing something they'd later regret by giving him a 5-year deal AND trading away Paul. 

I'm surprised about nothing coming from Al's camp on whether or not he wanted to play alongside Millsap the next couple of years if he was to sign back.

Maybe he didn't care as long as he got the 5 year max.

5 hours ago, willthepureshooter said:

Sounds like he was forced to write this by his wife and agent. Dude is the ultimate tool and I would love if the organization did something for the fans to embarrass him in his first game back at Phillips. I never understood the love everyone had for this faker throughout his years here. He was nothing short of a ego maniac that loved his self and image more than the team. You should read the story about how he bolted on his ex and married the chick he's with now. Funny how history repeats itself.

There's a story about that?

3 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Yea, if only there was a website made specifically for athletes to write their own stories free from media misinterpretation.  I'd call it "The Players Daily" or how about "The Players Tribune"?  Yea, I like the sound of that last one better.

The Player's Tribune exists.

5 hours ago, Pacman21 said:

I think Al realized he and his family took whatever frustration they had with the FO out on the fans and is trying to rectify it.

But It's probably too late 

I just wonder what the actual frustration towards the front office. Signing Dwight over pursuing somebody like Noah? Not offering the full max at midnight Thursday?  No meetings with big name FAs to ATL this summer?

Edited by BigDog90

1 hour ago, BigDog90 said:

I just wonder what the actual frustration towards the front office. Signing Dwight over pursuing somebody like Noah? Not offering the full max at midnight Thursday?  No meetings with big name FAs to ATL this summer?

Just a guess but I think it was not  automatically giving him the Max like Memphis did Conley and Washington did Beal.

He looked at himself as the franchise player but the Hawks were trying to improve the overall team 

Edited by Pacman21
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

Anybody see what his sister is tweeting?

image.jpeg

She's been trying to take the Ayesha Curry route for a minute (which is weird cause that's his sister) but Al's not big enough for people to care

• Like 1