• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We finally get some love and acknowledgement

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2650191-potential-landing-spots-if-the-thunder-trade-russell-westbrook

Dude actually stated that Westbrook to the Hawks would be the best spot for him. I know its not much but man it feels good for us to be acknowledged. Maybe having D12 will give us a some much needed attention. 

Edited by Wurider05
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2650191-potential-landing-spots-if-the-thunder-trade-russell-westbrook

Dude actually stated that Westbrook to the Hawks would be the best spot for him. I know its not much but man it feels good for us to be acknowledged. Maybe having D12 will give us a some much needed attention. 

That is a lopsided trade.. Smh

Get acknowledged and raped in the process. Make that trade and Westbrook walks

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

If we move Sap it will be for something good; thought I don't think it will be Westbrook this season. We prove ourselves to be a semi contender, 2nd in the East and/or Conference finals with D12 and company, next season we could be an attractive landing spot for another big name player.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Afro said:

If he actually signed an extension....id do that. 

It's tricky.  You'd have to bank on them attracting folks via free agency.  Problem is, they've allegedly been the opposite of that.

Hmmmmm...I'm still here ain't I ...

Still think he could screw the team but the things is we do need a superstar and he might behave with Bud....

Dennis and Millsap and a pick is a lot but you might have to pull it.

Westbrook is my favorite non-Hawk. Would be ecstatic to have him.

But, there is literally no way Thunder would trade him for any package we have. To add to that, Westbrook probably would like to go to a LA or NY destination, and I don't blame him.

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's tricky.  You'd have to bank on them attracting folks via free agency.  Problem is, they've allegedly been the opposite of that.

Schröder is kind of irrelevant in that trade. 

It's essentially would you give up Millsap to get Westbrook? To that I say hell to the yes. 

2 minutes ago, RWF said:

But, there is literally no way Thunder would trade him for any package we have. To add to that, Westbrook probably would like to go to a LA or NY destination, and I don't blame him.

We have a better shot if/when Bud's Dwight Howard redemption project works this season and next offseason he wants to leave the West and get to the Finals. We can possibly get Westbrook/Blake Griffin or Gordon Hayward/D12 next year. It all depends on Dwight Howard being a premier center in this league again.

• Like 1

Schröder is the only young asset we have (and sadly our only hope for the future).

We  have done a horrible job collecting assets to trade for a star.

For a team who wants to stay competitive, so won't tank for a drafted star, nor can get top guys to sign as free agents, you  would think trades would be how we do it. Yet when you throw away draft picks it's hard to trade for a star when you have nothing that teams in need of a rebuild would want.

I doubt the lakers would give both of them up, ESPECIALLY since they're heavy favorites to outright sign him, but what if they're willing to drop Ingram and Russel? I wouldn't mind giving up Millsap and a first to get them to send Ingram our way. 

OKC-Russel, Millsap, lakers first, Twolves first 

LA- westbrook

Atl- Ingram 

****Im operating under the assumption Millsap bolts next year****

9 minutes ago, RWF said:

OKC would just cut us out of that trade. They would be rebuilding if they traded Westbrook, why would they send Ingram to us for 32 year old Millsap?

To get an extra first/get a player fans would actually wanna watch. I'm not sure OKC could literally afford going 3 years where they had zero fan support.

3 hours ago, RWF said:

He wants to go to LA and NY for what the city offers but ATL can offer almost as much. Doesn't matter anyway because he's not coming to the Hawks.