• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Whorford's Agent has put an Ad in the AJC.

Diesel

• Moderators
23 hours ago, pimp said:

No need to wish for anyone  to be injured .
I prefer that he be 100% heathly , so that there wont be any excuses when  he disappoints Celtics fans.
If they play him at PF , he will have  to try to guard guys like , Dirk , A.Davis , Aldridge ,D.Green , Sap , Favors , and at times Lebron and Paul George.
That will be a sight to see :biggrin:
Also ,  at pf, he's gonna miss all those wide open shots that he got , because Center don't wanna leave the paint to defend him.  Nah, those PFs are gonna stay in his
face, force him to drive or give the ball up.  Don't  expect him to do too much rolling during a pick and roll, cuz that a good way to hurt a tiddy.

This.  I do have to say I think  he'll be fine defensively at PF.  His agility has always been excellent for a guy his size and he won't get dominated by much larger players nearly as often.  Your point about his offense at PF is where I think it gets real interesting.  With the number of open jumpers really reduced how will he adapt?  We'll see.

13 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Some food for thought...

I'm sure glad we didn't take a bit out of that apple.

Bad analysis here.  To be consistent, the Hawks should take the same shot at their contract for Howard and make the point of how he isn't worth getting ~90% of Durant's salary.  But looking at it logically shows that line of thinking is wrong.  

Durant would be getting closer to $50M in an open market so using his reduced max salary as a point of comparison is always a fail.  Moreover, he is definitely worth comparable dollars to Conley and DeRozan for the right team.  By this line of thinking, no one in the league should earn as much as LeBron, etc.  That logic only makes sense if LeBron is free to earn as much as any team will bid.  If teams would bid $50 million for LeBron in the absence of a max salary and would bid $26 million for Horford then it makes perfect sense for them to both make $26 million if LeBron is capped at that number.   Of course, you would rather have LeBron but LeBron isn't getting fair market value - he is getting the artificial capped number whereas Horford is getting something much closer to actual market value which is not at all outrageous as the tweet suggests.