• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

As is... We're very good.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Even though.. we don't have the large SF that I was hoping for... We're still a good team.  I think the mix of Korver, Baze, Thabo, Prince, Bembry, TH2 are a good enough mix at the 2-3 for us to have a good rotation...  

I would love to get Hump back and I would love a BU PG.. like Aaron Brooks.  RIght now, I don't know what we have in the words for BU PG but that's our greatest need.  As is, I believe we can compete for the ECF. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

We are a 3rd seed in the East at best. Depending on how good Orlando is, we should be no less than a 6th seed. Dwight and Sap a perfect pairing. SF is our Achilles heal right now. We need to trade Scott + Splitter for an SF. I'm not in love with Schröder/Bazemore back court and I believe we'll regret trading Teague. With Dwight on the team, we need a PG that can shoot the ball better. I love Thabo and Korver off the bench. Just need a veteran PG to lead them on the cheap. Someone that can shoot well would be a plus. Replace Scott with Hump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly I think everyone need to wake up and realize that Bud may actually start a rookie this year at SF. We dint necessarily have a hole there we just don't have a proven legit small forward that can play starter minutes. Thabo is proven and a legit SF but he's not capable of playing starter minutes at this point of his career.

But we didn't move Teague to get the number 12 spot for no reason. We moved up to get Prince for a reason and i expect to see him on the floor.

Personally I see it going something like this until bud really figures out who need the majority of minutes.

SF ROTATION PREDICTION:

Thabo will start- but in the way amare started did for the heat this past year (Play solid minutes then Whiteside came in....for us it will be Prince coming in)

Prince or Bembry will get a chance to show if they can hold their own in the minutes of Thabo not being in the game.

i basically believe the SF position will be split by the minutes much like Teague and Dennis were.

With that being my case on what will happen I will say if we can get a veteran like Gay without losing key players then that will give the younger SFs time to improve other then that I'm all for Prince starting. The biggest need is BU pg...I do expect that to be addressed soon.

38 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Steve Blake, Mario Chalmers, Greivis Vasquez, Aaron Brooks, Jarrett Jack... All suitable vet PG's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Vasquez the best on that list. Most like jack but he's coming off a major injury because of that I'm not too high on him

Seems like depending on how long it takes to gel we could be anywhere from 3rd to 6th. Be incredibly happy if we were 2nd but thinking our early season is going to be quite up ad down. About trading Teague though I understand people worry about not getting equal value but he was going to be traded when he was or by the Feb. deadline and if not he could possibly walk away with no return for us at the end of the year. Sound familiar? We did get our future SF out of it though. Think we're going to be pretty good by the All-Star break. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

Honestly I think everyone need to wake up and realize that Bud may actually start a rookie this year at SF. We dint necessarily have a hole there we just don't have a proven legit small forward that can play starter minutes. Thabo is proven and a legit SF but he's not capable of playing starter minutes at this point of his career.

But we didn't move Teague to get the number 12 spot for no reason. We moved up to get Prince for a reason and i expect to see him on the floor.

Personally I see it going something like this until bud really figures out who need the majority of minutes.

SF ROTATION PREDICTION:

Thabo will start- but in the way amare started did for the heat this past year (Play solid minutes then Whiteside came in....for us it will be Prince coming in)

Prince or Bembry will get a chance to show if they can hold their own in the minutes of Thabo not being in the game.

i basically believe the SF position will be split by the minutes much like Teague and Dennis were.

With that being my case on what will happen I will say if we can get a veteran like Gay without losing key players then that will give the younger SFs time to improve other then that I'm all for Prince starting. The biggest need is BU pg...I do expect that to be addressed soon.

I think having D12 changes the defensive dynamic in a way that we don't need the bigger Sf.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Baze at the 2 and Kover at the 3 and Thabo and Hardaway getting a lot of minutes. 

I do think e will see Princealso.

• Like 2

I agree Diesel, we are going to be a tough out in the East. With Korver, Bazemore, Sap, spreading the floor, think Magic under SVG. Thabo gives us a defensive look that will frustrate shooters and help stop runs by other teams. If Dennis improves again this season, think better than Orlando under SVG.  If our new role players and rookies contribute right away, icing on the cake.

Our spacing and passing is tailor made for Dwight to succeed; and we will no longer be the worse rebounding team in the playoffs. This is going to be a fun and exciting team to watch!

• Like 4

• Admin

I feel there are too many unknowns ... Dennis full time is a little scary ... What kind of Dwight do we have?  ... Losing Horford and Teague is a big deal ... Chemistry ... Small forward ... Bench ... We need another weapon 

we are a playoff team but a lower seed right now ... I hope I am proven wrong ... It really comes down to effort and if these guys can gel and if Howard can be more Orlando Howard and not LA/Houston Howard

• Like 1

I'm surprised Chalmers is still out there.  I'm no Splitter fan (who is) but his healthy return is key.  Unfortunately Bud hates Hump so he won't be back.  If Costello isnt with us he'll be on somebody's roster I guarantee.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

The Hawks need to add size at PF, SF, and SG (less so at  SG).  I could see them going for a good PF and moving Sap to SF.  Basically the plan they had with Horf here, but without Horf...  Then have Price off the bench at SF.  If we lose Sap next year then Price probably starts.  Lots of directions this can go.

This year might be a bit rough at times unless there's some trade that accomplishes this, so next year will be our year to really shine.

6 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I'm surprised Chalmers is still out there.  I'm no Splitter fan (who is) but his healthy return is key.  Unfortunately Bud hates Hump so he won't be back.  If Costello isnt with us he'll be on somebody's roster I guarantee.

Costello's height may be a problem for him in the league but I'd take his court play over Moose handily at this very moment. 

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Very good now?  You betcha!

Splitter had surgery to correct his problem and he should be fine behind our new center, old what's his name.

Korver should be 100% recovered so he can complete his off season regiment and be ready to go.

Junior has recovered, has had the off season to get all this "Bud Ball" in his head.

Blaze should be better, more mature and ready to prove that he's worth his new contract.

Prince and Bembry, two young studs, will be chomping at the bits to prove that they belong.  They do!

We already have three (count em, three) point guards on our roster, or will have by opening day.

Dennis the Menance will be backed up by Patterson and DeLaney.  Potentially, a lethal combination.

Millsap, if he's not traded, will give us that mature, veteran to see us over the rough spots.

One final thought:

When "The King" comes roaring inside, running over our poor center, hoping, as always, for the blocking

foul, will that call be automatic or will he, just occasionally, be called for the charge?  We await the answer

to that timeless question.  What do you think ??

After LeBron incurs a few bruises driving to the rim it seems like  it would reduce the number of shots at the rim at least in the half court.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Costello's height may be a problem for him in the league but I'd take his court play over Moose handily at this very moment. 

What's wrong with 6'9", 245?  His calves look like tree trunks.  I was sold after that left-handed layup off the foul line PNR.  My first impression was a much more skilled Hansborogh.  Of course the fouling is his issue.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

What's wrong with 6'9", 245?  His calves look like tree trunks.  I was sold after that left-handed layup off the foul line PNR.  My first impression was a much more skilled Hansborogh.  Of course the fouling is his issue.

He very much looked like he knew exactly what he was doing out there and this wasn't his first rodeo. Seemed to be in a different league than most of the rest.

6 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

He does seem very skilled for PF already. We already have a couple of ways to keep him since Scott and Moose are the BUs as of this moment. That could change so quickly.