• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What is your preference at SG & SF

pimp

What is your preference at SG & SF  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I noticed Prince is getting the majority of SF votes ..l he is not remotely ready for big mins in the NBA 

Hmmm really? I would think that playing out his entire college career would have him ready for minutes from the beginning. He doesn't strike me as a guy needing too much time in the NBDL if any.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Hmmm really? I would think that playing out his entire college career would have him ready for minutes from the beginning. He doesn't strike me as a guy needing too much time in the NBDL if any.

It'd be nice to actually have a rookie play.   Dennis played some,   Al (#3 pick) played right away,  Teague should have played more early in his career.   

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It'd be nice to actually have a rookie play.   Dennis played some,   Al (#3 pick) played right away,  Teague should have played more early in his career.   

Ya I agree. I think Prince is a guy that will play right away. He's built for the NBA game more so than college. I think he should average around 10-15 minutes in year 1.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya I agree. I think Prince is a guy that will play right away. He's built for the NBA game more so than college. I think he should average around 10-15 minutes in year 1.

Yes, but he won't be playing starters minutes

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Yes, but he won't be playing starters minutes

Ya, just saw this in ur original post. Yup no starter minutes, well at least till February I would think.

5 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I noticed Prince is getting the majority of SF votes ..l he is not remotely ready for big mins in the NBA

If this is true the Hawks whiffed on their scouting report once again. If a 22 year old can't play even 20-25 mins in the NBA, they're not that good.

Anyone else think Prince could get a few minutes at the 4 in the regular season in the small ball era?

To me, I think expecting 15 plus minutes a game is not out of the question while still having your main rotation be baze / Korver with th and sef off the bench first. 

26 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If this is true the Hawks whiffed on their scouting report once again. If a 22 year old can't play even 20-25 mins in the NBA, they're not that good.

CJ McCollum begs to differ:

22 years - 12.5 mpg

23 years - 15.7 mpg

I don't have Bembry in the plans for this season barring injury or someone ahead of him really taking a step back. There just aren't enough minutes to go around. No one really wants to play Baze or Korver at SF, but I think we're going to need their shooting in the lineup with Dennis and Howard. Then we have THJ coming in at SG and split the backup SF minutes with Thabo and Prince. At least early on that's how I would do it. It could all be flipped on its head at the start of 2017 depending on how much Korver and Thabo have left in the tank, whether or not THJ takes his game to the next level, and how quickly Prince adjusts to the NBA. Baze is basically locked into his starting role with that new contract, and hopefully he justifies it by continuing his improvement. 

• Moderators

Plenty of examples of young players who busted out with immediate impact as well.

We aren't being asked in this thread what our prediction is.  We are being asked about our preference.  My preference is that Bazemore stop trying to pretend he is a SF and gets to start SG because our lottery pick SF turns out to be the sleeper of the draft and immediately emerges to be a plus starter with stardom in his future.  I don't prefer he open up in the DLeague and then work his way up to Lamar Patterson circa December 2015 minutes.

• Like 1

Well, obviously we'd all "prefer" for Prince to be amazing from game 1. That's not really in the spirit of this thread, though. Unless you believe Prince will be an effective starter out of the gates. 

Edited by High5

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, High5 said:

Well, obviously we'd all "prefer" for Prince to be amazing from game 1. That's not really in the spirit of this thread, though. Unless you believe Prince will be an effective starter out of the gates. 

I am hoping for it.  What is the real spirit of this thread if not to say what you want to see?  We don't have the data to actually assess Prince's readiness.  

19 minutes ago, AHF said:

I am hoping for it.  What is the real spirit of this thread if not to say what you want to see?  We don't have the data to actually assess Prince's readiness.  

Use your best educated guess about where each player will be and give your lineup preferences based on it. Otherwise everyone would want Baze/Prince starting and THJ first off the bench because they're all young and going to playing so well. But, of course, you're free to do whatever. I hope for the best with Prince, too. 

Edited by High5

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, High5 said:

Use your best educated guess about where each player will be and give your lineup preferences based on it. Otherwise everyone would want Baze/Prince starting and THJ first off the bench because they're all young and going to playing so well. But, of course, you're free to do whatever. I hope for the best with Prince, too. 

I saw the subpar season we got last year from THJr and think it is reasonable that a #12 pick can surpass that out of the gate.  I also see our roster of wings and see 1 SF (Prince), one guy who can defend the SF position well (Thabo) and 4 SGs (Baze, Korver, Bembry, THJr) which further makes me want Prince to earn real minutes at SF for balance.  I am firmly there wanting to see it and thinking it isn't outside of the possible.

If I am a betting man, though, I bet on Baze/Korver at the wings for opening tip.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, MrYellow said:

You can't say Prince right now, a new NBA player always needs time to adjust his game to the new level, especially playing to get playoff spots.

Just have a look to the difference between rookies and sophomores during the summer league.

Winslow was the #10 pick last year and played nearly 30 minutes per game on the playoff Heat.

Turner was the #11 pick last year and started 50% of his games - playing 23 minutes per game on the playoff Pacers.

Hood was the #23 pick in 2014 and started 40% of his games (playing 21 mpg).

Jokic was the #11 pick and start 55 games (playing 22 mpg).

Plumlee was the #22 pick and started >30% of his games his rookie season for the playoff Nets.

Etc.

Wouldn't be the first time.  I'm not betting on it - but I'm hoping for it.

Stanley Johnson and Justise Winslow were two rookie SFs who got a lot of minutes last year and they were awful by most measurements. Hopefully Prince's 4 years in the college (or simply being a better player) will allow him to make the jump much easier. 

On 20 luglio 2016 at 11:38 PM, AHF said:

Winslow was the #10 pick last year and played nearly 30 minutes per game on the playoff Heat.

Turner was the #11 pick last year and started 50% of his games - playing 23 minutes per game on the playoff Pacers.

Hood was the #23 pick in 2014 and started 40% of his games (playing 21 mpg).

Jokic was the #11 pick and start 55 games (playing 22 mpg).

Plumlee was the #22 pick and started >30% of his games his rookie season for the playoff Nets.

Etc.

Wouldn't be the first time.  I'm not betting on it - but I'm hoping for it.

Because there were no alternatives.