• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who will be the better player in 3 years?

10 hours ago, AHF said:

Cordinier is a longshot not a guy to plan around.  If he pays off - great!  But you don't count on it.

I don't consider factoring Cordinier as possibly the 6th wing in a 6 man wing group as planning around a guy. :protest:

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

I don't consider factoring Cordinier as possibly the 6th wing in a 6 man wing group as planning around a guy. :protest:

Cutting Thabo and ignoring FAs for him constitutes planning in my book.  I expect we can do better but will be happy if we can't because he is too good.

50 minutes ago, AHF said:

Cutting Thabo and ignoring FAs for him constitutes planning in my book.  I expect we can do better but will be happy if we can't because he is too good.

So planning is now the same as "planning around?"

Thabo will be a free agent, that's not cutting him. Korver will be a free agent. Who says we will ignore other free agents to accomodate Cordinier? We're talking about the final wing spot at the end of the bench here with Cordinier...

Edited by RandomFan

• Moderators
14 hours ago, RandomFan said:

So planning is now the same as "planning around?"

Thabo will be a free agent, that's not cutting him. Korver will be a free agent. Who says we will ignore other free agents to accomodate Cordinier? We're talking about the final wing spot at the end of the bench here with Cordinier...

I'm not trying to get embroiled around semantics.  I just don't see many scenarios other than a Cordinier breakout where he is on the team.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Thabo isn't going anywhere this season I don't think because they will be counting on him to teach Prince how to defend NBA stars.

Both Randomfan and I agree on that.  We are talking about after this season.  He envisions letting Thabo walk and not finding a better option in FA and thus having Cordinier at the end of the wing rotation.

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

Both Randomfan and I agree on that.  We are talking about after this season.  He envisions letting Thabo walk and not finding a better option in FA and thus having Cordinier at the end of the wing rotation.

Say what???

Cordinier is a combo guard, he would come over next season is to replace Jarrett Jack.  Wes Wilcox when asked if he's a 1 or 2 said he's a 1.75 which means he can handle some PG duties.  Hopefully with his new team in France he'll get a chance to do more of that.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Say what???

Cordinier is a combo guard, he would come over next season is to replace Jarrett Jack.  Wes Wilcox when asked if he's a 1 or 2 said he's a 1.75 which means he can handle some PG duties.  Hopefully with his new team in France he'll get a chance to do more of that.

Don't want to misrepresent so I'll just quote:

Regarding Thabo, I think it's almost guaranteed this is his last season as a Hawk - unless both Prince and Bembry seriously flop. I think Korver returns next year in a backup role, and pretty much the only thing that changes for our wings is we subtract Thabo and add Cordinier.

• Moderators
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Wasn't disagreeing, just saying that doesn't make sense.

Well, Randomfan and I have disagreed more than usual over the last day or two so I figured I should give you the quote without me giving my spin.

My take:

Prince will be a regular starter.

Bembry will be 6th man of the year while earning starting minutes in that role.

I guess I danced around the question a bit.  I'm not really sure which one will be "better."