• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

What the hell....new players coming in and swooping up my pick @h4wkfan, I'm looking at you.  my big board has officially crashed........and my lil board is scattered and tattered.  So, since my team building is a struggle, I will pick a guy to lead my team from the sideline.......

With the (hell I don'tknow what pick), The Lady JayBird Squawkers select:

5 time NBA Champion, Coach: GREGG POPOVICH.

@AHF is up.

• Moderators

With the 58th pick in the draft, we wanted to make sure we addressed the wing where the pickings past a certain point are dreadfully slim.  We needed size and basketball IQ to match up on D, a killer perimeter shot to capitalize on the double teams that Durant will draw, and someone young enough to grow with the team.  Don't both getting out of bed, Ashley, we got this:

91985f5f6a7b462a485f8eae4ec89032.jpg

It's actually pretty simple.  Our latest draftee just put up an excellent sophomore season, finishing with more win shares than picks like John Wall, Batum, Conley, Parsons, etc. despite being younger than all of them.  He played strong D and splashed a nice 36% from 3pt range.  Standing at 6'8'' but with the speed to play SG, he represents a stout defender and tough matchup for opposing wings. He averaged 2.2 free throws made per game at a nice 86% clip to further round out his all-around game.

As a 2014 draftee, he also has put up the following notable numbers:

2014 #1 pick (Andrew Wiggins) 6.2 WS, 0.052 WS/48 

U-Niques Pick - 8.1 WS (#1 in the class) and career .108 WS/48 (i.e., more than double Mr. Wiggins)

We think he just fits in easily and positively impacts the game with or without the ball.  He'll add solid scoring without fighting others for shots and D up on the other end of the floor.

Welcome to the U-Niques, Mr. Hood!

Rodney-Hood-031516.jpg

@pimp is on the clock

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, AHF said:

With the 58th pick in the draft, we wanted to make sure we addressed the wing where the pickings past a certain point are dreadfully slim.  We needed size and basketball IQ to match up on D, a killer perimeter shot to capitalize on the double teams that Durant will draw, and someone young enough to grow with the team.  Don't both getting out of bed, Ashley, we got this:

91985f5f6a7b462a485f8eae4ec89032.jpg

It's actually pretty simple.  Our latest draftee just put up an excellent sophomore season, finishing with more win shares than picks like John Wall, Batum, Conley, Parsons, etc. despite being younger than all of them.  He played strong D and splashed a nice 36% from 3pt range.  Standing at 6'8'' but with the speed to play SG, he represents a stout defender and tough matchup for opposing wings. He averaged 2.2 free throws made per game at a nice 86% clip to further round out his all-around game.

As a 2014 draftee, he also has put up the following notable numbers:

2014 #1 pick (Andrew Wiggins) 6.2 WS, 0.052 WS/48 

U-Niques Pick - 8.1 WS (#1 in the class) and career .108 WS/48 (i.e., more than double Mr. Wiggins)

We think he just fits in easily and positively impacts the game with or without the ball.  He'll add solid scoring without fighting others for shots and D up on the other end of the floor.

Welcome to the U-Niques, Mr. Hood!

Rodney-Hood-031516.jpg

@pimp is on the clock

Hood has the makings of an elite defender at the 2 or 3. One of the reasons I wanted Wall is because of the defensive Win Shares that Wall puts up.

1 minute ago, h4wkfan said:

Nice pick with hood. I literally flipped a coin between him and Beal with my pick.  

He was the guy I really wanted to try to find a way to flip Teague for this offseason!

I expect Hood to improve this season and put up somewhere in the 14PPG range. He was one of my favorite sleepers in that draft class and I loved his game in college. Can't argue with Beal either. Some love him and some hate him, but he puts up the numbers.

We the 59th pick in the Hawksquawk Dynasty draft, the Atlanta Air Force selects   Eric Bledsoe

45.3 FG%    37.2  3PT%    80.2 FT%p1_26_1967.png  20 pts  6.1 ast  4.0 reb  2.0 stl
One of the fastest players with the ball in the NBA. Might have the quickest first step in the leauge.
He is a fearless penetrator, and can finish at the rim. Almost , impossible to slow down in the open court.
With Bledsoe, Derozan, Simmons , and Anthony Davis, the Atlanta Air force will have the most devastating transition offense in the leauge.

But, the main reason i'm taking Bledsoe is his defensive potential .

giphy.gif BledsoeCrossesUpDWill2070ce.gif

He has had some injury issues, but we believe at pick 59 , he his worth the risk.

Edited by pimp
  • Like 4

• Moderators

I strongly considered Bledsoe.  He is kind of like a poor man's Russell Westbrook - a definite plus athletically.  Ultimately, I felt like quality size at the wing was at too much of a premium, that Bledsoe wasn't enough of a threat from the perimeter and I didn't trust Bledsoe's "play a full season, play a half season" career.  

On the plus side for you, the pendulum swings back this year from hurt to healthy so you should end up with another 81 game season for him this year!  It will also be key for you if he can extend his range and get in the 100+ 3pter category.

Either way, on a bad Phoenix team he should put up beastly numbers and add to your ultra-athletic roster.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Looks like we are stalled again. I doubt very seriously I will be picking tomorrow now; but maybe Sunday we can make another turn and get into the 6th round.

At this rate, I'm picking on Wednesday I think lol

30 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

At this rate, I'm picking on Wednesday I think lol

Last Sunday we only got in three picks. I hope this Saturday and Sunday are not like that!

Edited by Buzzard

59 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Last Sunday we only got in three picks. I hope this Saturday and Sunday are not like that!

Could be worse this weekend. It was national chicken wing day today and people might be hung over on wings n beer. Lol. 

31 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Could we just give him Matt Costello or ((HARRY GARRIS)) and move along here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its on Alex now. Ihearts team seems to be dead in the water. If we cannot get Iheart to make a pick or someone to take over for them, I vote we just move past them on their next and proceeding picks. Not a lot of sense in holding up the draft for another 8 hours for a dead team.

• Like 1

With the 61st pick in the 2016 dynasty draft, Whining Spartans Fan selects:

Isaiah Thomas, PG, Washington

He is an exciting young player.  We needed a point guard, but also needed someone to score the ball.  Thomas checks both of those boxes for us.  He is  douchebag and the team is well aware of that.

@ViewsFromTheSquawk is up next.

BazemoreCC.jpg

• Like 4