• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

Love the Randle pick.  He was my target here.  Sucks to be on this end of things for a change. 

So with the 68th pick in the dynasty draft the Whining Spartans Fan is going off the radar a bit.

We would like to welcome the elder statesmen to the squad.  Marc Gasol come on down! 

Gasol is coming off a serious injury and is over the hump age wise, but he is still a very good player.  I am surprised he hasn't been picked before this.  Him and Jordan aren't ideal up front together, but we will make it work.  We needed a quality scoring option in the front court and Mar gives us just that.  Not too mention he shot 66% from three last season so he will really space the floor well. 

I think @IheartVolt is next, but I don't know for sure anymore.

marc-gasol.jpg

I'm surprised he dropped this far. Nice pick!

7 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm surprised he dropped this far. Nice pick!

I had to check a couple times because I couldn't believe he wasn't picked yet,  Thanks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

I had to check a couple times because I couldn't believe he wasn't picked yet,  Thanks.

I knew he was out there because I was hoping in vain he would drop to me! Nice pick, especially this late.

• Like 1

With the 69th pick the in the draft, the Volts select Myles Turner, Center.  The front office had a tough choice at this pick with a handful of talented center’s left on the board, but Myles’ performance, age, and potential have us excited!

Turner’s athletic ability and his ability to finish at the rim is a perfect fit with all the other shooting this team has put together.  His defensive skillset & versatility is a perfect fit next to Derrick Favors in the post.  We are excited for the potential this 2nd year player showed as a rookie, and can’t wait for him to take the next step!

Starting 5 (Height / Weight / Age)

PG- Steph Curry (6-3 / 185 / 28)

SG – Evan Fornier (6-7 / 205 / 23)

SF – Al Farouq Aminu (6-9 / 215 / 25)

PF -  Derrick Favors (6-10 / 265 / 25)

C – Myles Turner (6-11 / 240 / 20)

With the completion of the starting 5, the Volt’s are ecstatic how the rotation rounded out.  We feel as though there are no true weaknesses with this unit.  We can pass, slash, post up, spread the floor, crash the paint.  On the offensive end we have players capable of playing on or off ball.  Defensively we have a set of quality defenders in our forwards & center that can make up where our guards lack.  On top of that - the average age of the starting 5 is 24.2 years.  This team is going to grow together for quite a while! 

@pimpyou are now on the clock.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

With the 69th pick the in the draft, the Volts select Myles Turner, Center.  The front office had a tough choice at this pick with a handful of talented center’s left on the board, but Myles’ performance, age, and potential have us excited!

Turner’s athletic ability and his ability to finish at the rim is a perfect fit with all the other shooting this team has put together.  His defensive skillset & versatility is a perfect fit next to Derrick Favors in the post.  We are excited for the potential this 2nd year player showed as a rookie, and can’t wait for him to take the next step!

Starting 5 (Height / Weight / Age)

PG- Steph Curry (6-3 / 185 / 28)

SG – Evan Fornier (6-7 / 205 / 23)

SF – Al Farouq Aminu (6-9 / 215 / 25)

PF -  Derrick Favors (6-10 / 265 / 25)

C – Myles Turner (6-11 / 240 / 20)

With the completion of the starting 5, the Volt’s are ecstatic how the rotation rounded out.  We feel as though there are no true weaknesses with this unit.  We can pass, slash, post up, spread the floor, crash the paint.  On the offensive end we have players capable of playing on or off ball.  Defensively we have a set of quality defenders in our forwards & center that can make up where our guards lack.  On top of that - the average age of the starting 5 is 24.2 years.  This team is going to grow together for quite a while! 

@pimpyou are now on the clock.

Nice pick. You misspelled Fournier though, but actually I'm not sure why don't you double check and Google it...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17186272/draymond-green-golden-state-warriors-apologizes-picture-wenis

GM of the Spud of the Spudsters is very disappointed in this news and unfortunately follows Draymond on Instagram.

"Ahh, I follow all my guys on their Instagram, Twitter, Facebook accounts. I'm gonna personally call Draymond and let him know that he ruined my Sunday breakfast, I was having some eggs and some sausages, well, I didn't end up eating the sausages after that for obvious reasons. Thanks Dray."

Clearly Spud doesn't like what transpired a couple weeks ago with Draymond or his latest fiasco but insisted that they will work this out internally as a team. Also went on to say that Draymond needs to start making some better decisions. "Them bars will get ya."-GM Spud

With the 70th pick in the Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the Atlanta Air Force selects..
                                                                                         Zach LaVine
14.0 PTS  3.1 AST  2.8 REB  p1_19_4101.png45.2 FG%   38.9 3PT%  79.3 FT%

PER 36:  18.0 PTS  3.9 AST  3.6 REB
Post all-star break -  16.4 pts   48.0 fg%   43.7 3pt %   in 28 games.

An amazingly gifted athlete, that made a huge leap in his 2nd season compared to his rookie year.
Has unlimted range from 3, is a good spot up shooter , and is pretty good shooter off the bounce or coming off screens.

He is a combo guard that struggle his rookie year , while playing pg in place of the injured (undrafted player) but is becoming a
rising star as a shooting guard. The Atlanta Air Force plans to use LaVine at sg exclusively .

Zach-LaVine-.jpgs-l300.jpg0214%20S%20Zach4.JPG?itok=FvT16V4e

@AHF has been pm'd

Edited by pimp
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I kinda know how @pimp feels when people keep taking his players.. 

Yep, I was gonna take Myles Turner to be my center , but he was selected 1 pick before my turn.
Same thing happened with Curry, Lowery, and Noel. 

1 hour ago, pimp said:

With the 70th pick in the Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the Atlanta Air Force selects..
                                                                                         Zach LaVine
14.0 PTS  3.1 AST  2.8 REB  p1_19_4101.png45.2 FG%   38.9 3PT%  79.3 FT%

PER 36:  18.0 PTS  3.9 AST  3.6 REB
Post all-star break -  16.4 pts   48.0 fg%   43.7 3pt %   in 28 games.

An amazingly gifted athlete, that made a huge leap in his 2nd season compared to his rookie year.
Has unlimted range from 3, is a good spot up shooter , and is pretty good shooter off the bounce or coming off screens.

He is a combo guard that struggle his rookie year , while playing pg in place of the injured (undrafted player) but is becoming a
rising star as a shooting guard. The Atlanta Air Force plans to use LaVine at sg exclusively .

Zach-LaVine-.jpgs-l300.jpg0214%20S%20Zach4.JPG?itok=FvT16V4e

@AHF has been pm'd

Oh damn...he went off on me last night as I played with Hawks vs wolves..29 and 11dimes

4 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17186272/draymond-green-golden-state-warriors-apologizes-picture-wenis

GM of the Spud of the Spudsters is very disappointed in this news and unfortunately follows Draymond on Instagram.

"Ahh, I follow all my guys on their Instagram, Twitter, Facebook accounts. I'm gonna personally call Draymond and let him know that he ruined my Sunday breakfast, I was having some eggs and some sausages, well, I didn't end up eating the sausages after that for obvious reasons. Thanks Dray."

Clearly Spud doesn't like what transpired a couple weeks ago with Draymond or his latest fiasco but insisted that they will work this out internally as a team. Also went on to say that Draymond needs to start making some better decisions. "Them bars will get ya."-GM Spud

This is just another black eye for Spud2Nique's organization .I think it's time for the Spudsters to seek out new leadership.
It's just been embarrassing incident after incident the last few years.  Everything from dog fighting to Spud's involvement with the Jerry Sandusky scandal , has been giving our 
league a bad name.  I think Adam Silver should send   good ole Patches O'houlihan down to Spud's place , with a sack full of wrenches. The rest will take care of it's self.