• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

6 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

In the interim, without citing any undrafted active NBA names, since this is a 5-year-prospect draft you can humor yourselves by looking back to the 2012 Draft and seeing how folks fared since then.

Andrew Bynum, MarShon Brooks, Gerald Wallace, Jordan Crawford: I was rooting for you. We were all rooting for you...

~lw3

I love ur Amare Stoudamire 3rd round pick lw3! :-) Didn't he just sign with an Israli team?

• Moderators
Just now, Spud2Nique said:

I love ur Amare Stoudemire 3rd round pick lw3! :-) Didn't he just sign with an Israli team?

I looked back on that pick and had to restrain myself from harming a fire extinguisher! And, yep, he's in Jerusalem now!

~lw3

• Like 1

I took Cousins at 18 and Wall at 21. Not bad and I see a trend with Wall; I think I took him in the last one of these I was in! Gotta go for now; but I may dig deeper into that draft later. No doubt I will find some bad doozies as well!

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Less than 3 hours (8:04 PM Eastern) to go for The Fuzzy One, who logged out just under an hour before his turn arrived. @LucastheThird, get your picks ready, it's almost redemption time! (Of course, Luke hasn't been around here since yesterday. But, hey, keep hope alive!)

Once again, I'll be out of commission until later tonight (probably after 10 PM), but hopefully I'll have a reason to check back.

~lw3

I'm here. My pick will be on time this round!

4 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I think it's about time I addressed my starting PG. Gonna go ahead and select Kemba Walker.

He isn't the best defender, but at least he gives effort. I believe my starting unit to be a good mix of offense/defense.

@lethalweapon3 is up next.

10 minutes? I think that's a record for me.

Nice pick. I was wondering why Kemba was still available. He's up there in a lot of statistical categories.

44 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I think it's about time I addressed my starting PG. Gonna go ahead and select Kemba Walker.

He isn't the best defender, but at least he gives effort. I believe my starting unit to be a good mix of offense/defense.

@lethalweapon3 is up next.

10 minutes? I think that's a record for me.

That's a damn good pick. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Nice pick. I was wondering why Kemba was still available. He's up there in a lot of statistical categories.

Beal and Walker are looked at similarly in my opinion. You either love them ( ignore fg% ) or hate on them ( pay attention to fg% ). I think if both shot in the .440 range they would go by the 3rd round in any type of draft.

• Moderators

KembaWalkerTexasRanger.jpg

I am SO glad Kemba got picked before my turn! I didn't need him but he was too good to pass up! 2nd Most Improved Player last year, voting-wise, after career-bests across the board.

Scrubbing that name off the list and dropping the next pick in a few moments...

~lw3

• Moderators

With something like the 75th pick in the 2016 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Obsession selects…

Cg689XjW0AQjtkv.jpg:medium

Hey, let’s all just give Kent Bazemore (SF/SG, Age 27, 6’5”, 201 lbs.) some time to grow out of that whole gaze thing. After all, it’s just a Baze Phase.

“Switch! Switch!” With the addition of Kent Bazemore to the crew, the Lethal Obsession can break out the switch on their opponents, in more ways than one.

With his team in a pinch, Bazemore stepped into a starting NBA lineup at small forward, and produced career-bests nearly across the board, with production values well-approximating the free agent he replaced. Most notable improvements over the course of the season were his defensive rebounding (6.6 rebounds per-36) and free throw accuracy (81.5 FT%; prior career 60.8 FT%). Bazemore remains a modest perimeter shooter (35.9 3FG% past two seasons), but his mechanics have advanced to the point where he can be trusted to get decent shots off along the sidelines (41.4 corner 3FG% past two seasons).

Young, Gifted, and Short! While Bazemore’s floor-to-forehead height is less than desirable as a small forward, his uncommon wingspan of nearly seven feet long allows him to be disruptive as an on-ball defender. Opponents’ field goal accuracy was collectively 2.9% lower than their season averages with Bazemore defending in 2015-16. Among starting NBA forwards (3’s and 4’s), that places Baze among the Top 15 last season (minimum 60 games), and among the Top 25 among all forwards. Within that subset, that -2.9 Differential FG% was Top 10 among forwards that can slide comfortably to the 2-spot.

That grouping of forwards included Bazemore’s elder but taller backup (-5.0 Differential FG%, 6th among NBA forwards), who would allow Kent to shift to shooting guard on occasion. On the Obsession, he has a tall, rangy, young and athletic player already starting alongside him at power forward, to say nothing of the tall, rangy, young and athletic player starting next to him at shooting guard. Kristaps Porzingis’ -4.8 Differential FG% ranked right behind Bazemore’s backup last season.

When there are inherent mismatches on the floor, Bazemore can switch defensive assignments with rookie Brandon Ingram, allowing Bazemore to be even more of a pest along the perimeter. The only defensive situation which would give Baze trouble are burlier forwards that can post him up and draw a double-team but can also make passes that aren’t picked off by the likes of Chris Paul (3rd in NBA for steals). That's a limited set of circumstances.

In Ingram, the Lethal Obsession has a shooting guard that, with proper player development, can transform over the coming years into a lethal two-way small forward. With the selection of Kent Bazemore, they now have a highly-motivated, team-oriented, playoff-tested small forward that, with proper player development, can transform over the years into a lethal two-way shooting guard. In the near term, this burgeoning duo at the wing simply needs to whip out the switches.

LETHAL OBSESSION

PG: Christopher Emmanuel Paul

SG: Brandon Xavier Ingram

SF: Kenneth Lamont Bazemore, Jr.

PF: Kristaps Porzingis

C: Jonas Valanciunas

The best Squawker around with a username ending in "3" is up next! @ATLHawks3, have at it!

~lw3

• Like 3

With the next pick in the 2016 Hawkquawk Dynasty Draft, the Atlanta Attack selects......... Pau Gasol

It isn't often in a draft that a team is able to select an All-Star this late in the draft, but luckily our organization was able to do so. Pau Gasol is coming off a season in which he averaged 16.5 ppg 11.0 rpg 4.1 apg and 2.0 bpg. We understand as an organization that one of the main reasons for Gasol slipping this low in the draft is due to his age, however over the last few seasons Pau Gasol has proven to be one of the most valuable PF/C in the NBA while also showing that age is nothing but a number. His skill set was simply impossible to overlook as he brings a combination of elite passing , post scoring, and rim protection to our team. Players such as Damian Lillard should be able to benefit from the spacing he brings because not only is he an elite mid range scorer, but he is also a solid 3-Point shooter as well (He hit nearly 35% of his 3 point attempts). We are extremely excited about the acquisition of a player of Gasol's caliber this late in the draft and we simply cannot wait for the season to begin. Welcome to the Attack, Pau Gasol!

ATLANTA ATTACK 2016-2017 ROSTER:

PG: Damian Lillard

SG: J.J. Redick

SF: Carmelo Anthony

PF: Paul Millsap

C: Pau Gasol

pau-gasol-of-the-eastern-conference-dunk

@Spud2Nique is on the clock!

• Like 3

With the 77th pick in the squawk fantasy draft, the Spudsters select:

TRISTAN THOMPSON aka double T :-)

We are delighted that Tristan dropped this far in the draft. At only 25 years old he has played 5 seasons in the NBA including 2 finals appearances. Out of a total 410 games in 5 years of service, he's played 388. He only missed 22 games in his rookie season of 2011-12. He has played in all 82 games the past 5 seasons. You could say he's turning into the Canadian basketball iron man. 

Adding to his durability is his defense and rebounding. He will fight, crap and claw his way through a game. Did I mention he's on of the best screen setters in the game...(some illegal but I'm no referee). Point guards also have a very tough time turning the corner on him due to his quickness, just ask Reggie Jackson of the Pistons who was all kinds of frustrated in the playoffs. Last but not least, one of the best offensive rebounders in the league, some have compared him to a modern day Dennis Rodman. We round out our starting lineup with this pick.

PG- Dennis Schröder 

SG- Devin Booker

SF- Jimmy Butler

PF- Draymond Green

C- Tristan Thompson

image.jpeg

@Diesel is on the clock

Edited by Spud2Nique

• Premium Member

With the 78 pick in the draft, the Atlanta Ganstaslappas select...

Tobias Harris 

635919487593912490-SMG-20160224-ajw-af2-

6'9"  235 lbs - 24 years old.  About to  have a Break out year with the Pistons.   IN his last playoff game vs. The Cavs, he put up 23, 13, and 2 on 57% FG% and 50% 3 Pt.    It's a sign of things to come..

I believe that SVG has become comfortable with Harris being the Side kick to Drummond and I believe that Harris will help lead this team. 

@Buzzard is on the clock. 

• Like 2

With the 79th pick the Flocking Buzzards select Kenneth "The Manimal" Faried. Kenneth has career pers ( 36 ) of 16.6 ppg,  11.8 rpg,  1.2 blocks, and 1.1 steals which we believe sets him up for a monster year on the glass for us.

Rebounding was an obvious weakness and Kenneth will check that box on a nightly basis! His  take no prisoner attitude and intensity at just 26 years old is exactly what we need now and for our future.

Welcome to the Flock Mr. Faried!

Kenneth Faried of the USA celebrates after a dunk during the 2014 FIBA World Basketball Championship final match between USA and Serbia at Palacio de los Deportes on September 14, 2014 in Madrid, Spain.

@HopefulHawksFan has been PMd

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

With something like the 75th pick in the 2016 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Obsession selects…

Cg689XjW0AQjtkv.jpg:medium

Hey, let’s all just give Kent Bazemore (SF/SG, Age 27, 6’5”, 201 lbs.) some time to grow out of that whole gaze thing. After all, it’s just a Baze Phase.

We'll Baze more on this pick a couple 5-Hour Energy shots from now!

LETHAL OBSESSION

PG: Christopher Emmanuel Paul

SG: Brandon Xavier Ingram

SF: Kenneth Lamont Bazemore, Jr.

PF: Kristaps Porzingis

C: Jonas Valanciunas

'Til then, the best Squawker around with a username ending in "3" is up next! @ATLHawks3, have at it!

~lw3

I want to like this for the pick and dislike it for the fact that you are forcing him to keep playing SF!

• Like 4

With the 80th pick, HopefulHawksFan's select....

Luol Deng

Over his career, Deng has averaged 15.5 points per game on 46 percent shooting, converted 77 percent of his free throws with 6.2 rebounds and 2.4 assists per contest. Deng also has a reputation as a solid defensive player. In 2012, he earned NBA All-Defensive Second Team honors.  Looking for a strong small forward, and Deng fits the role perfectly. 

Luol Deng

• Like 2

With the 81st pick, HopefulHawksFan's select...

Goran Dragic

The 30-year-old guard, who is about to enter his 10th season in the NBA, averaged 14.1 points and 5.8 assists in 72 regular-season games. But he averaged 17.3 points and 6.7 assists after the All-Star break and 16.5 points and 3.9 assists during the playoffs.

For his career, Dragic has averaged 12.5 points and 4.7 assists in 574 regular-season games. Dragic is known for being at his best when he is running the floor and either driving to the basket or creating open looks for spot-up shooters. Also, he is not afraid to take the big shot in the crunch; something a point guard needs to be able to know when to do or to get it to the right person.

This past season, Dragic had a tooth knocked out in December and in April.  In round 2 of the playoffs, he had another tooth knocked out and received eight stitches.  All three times he returned to the game.  This guy has a toughness that won’t quit. 

May 5, 2016; Toronto, Ontario, CAN;  Miami Heat guard Goran Dragic (7) leaves the floor for treatment of a cut lip after being called for a foul against Toronto Raptors  in game two of the second round of the NBA Playoffs at Air Canada Centre. Mandatory Credit: Dan Hamilton-USA TODAY Sports ORG XMIT: USATSI-269082 ORIG FILE ID:  20160505_pjc_bh7_043.JPG

• Like 2