2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

6 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

With the 77th pick in the squawk fantasy draft, the Spudsters select:

TRISTAN THOMPSON aka double T :-)

We are delighted that Tristan dropped this far in the draft. At only 25 years old he has played 5 seasons in the NBA including 2 finals appearances. Out of a total 410 games in 5 years of service, he's played 388. He only missed 22 games in his rookie season of 2011-12. He has played in all 82 games the past 5 seasons. You could say he's turning into the Canadian basketball iron man. 

Adding to his durability is his defense and rebounding. He will fight, crap and claw his way through a game. Did I mention he's on of the best screen setters in the game...(some illegal but I'm no referee). Point guards also have a very tough time turning the corner on him due to his quickness, just ask Reggie Jackson of the Pistons who was all kinds of frustrated in the playoffs. Last but not least, one of the best offensive rebounders in the league, some have compared him to a modern day Dennis Rodman. We round out our starting lineup with this pick.

PG- Dennis Schröder 

SG- Devin Booker

SF- Jimmy Butler

PF- Draymond Green

C- Tristan Thompson

image.jpeg

@Diesel is on the clock

Some glaring errors in posting late night...

1. The last 4 seasons he's played all 82 games not 5 seasons.

2. He will fight, SCRAP and claw his way through a game not CRAP...lol

3. ONE of the best screen setters not ON. :-)

I just get so excited to make the pick my grammar and spelling go to CRAP.  Lol.

6 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

I'm only keeping 2k till the 23rd then I'm trading it in for Madden 17. So if we could speed this thing up a little that'd be great. :biggrin:

WHAT! Then by all means construct and make it public so I can beat @AHF's team lol.

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Come on.  My guys could beat you with Dirk like this:

steve-nash-dirk-nowitzki-2-drunk-picture

Well your gigantic frontcourt does worry me as I might have trouble defending the length of KD, Dirk and Rudy with Jimmy, Draymond and Tristan. I'd have to speed up the game and make you run, otherwise in a half court game I could be in trouble. Hustle hustle hustle...ya, I gotta get Dirk and big Rudy to move those feet on D.

If it's ok: With the 73rd pick in the draft, the Decatur Fuzz (retroactively) select...

Image result for avery bradley

Avery Bradley. A heck of a defender and a shooter at the guard spot that should complement our monster front line rotation of Griffin, Cousins and Brook Lopez. He's had some trouble staying healthy, but that's par for the course in Fuzzland.

Side note, the Fuzz are proud to select the first member of their team who can breathe both through his nose and his mouth (Griffin, Cousins, Gallo, Blopez? Talk about punchable faces!).

Edit: Hope this is ok, I'm trying to squeeze in picks while I'm visiting family.

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 3

Just now, TheFuzz said:

With the 73rd pick in the draft, the Decatur Fuzz (retroactively) select...

Image result for avery bradley

Avery Bradley. A heck of a defender and a shooter at the guard spot that should complement our monster front line rotation of Griffin, Cousins and Brook Lopez. He's had some trouble staying healthy, but that's par for the course in Fuzzland.

Side note, the Fuzz are proud to select the first member of their team who can breathe both through his nose and his mouth (Griffin, Cousins, Gallo, Blopez? Talk about punchable faces!).

Lol I almost feel like you constructed this team purely on the punchable face factor lol

With the 82nd Pick in the Dynasty Draft the flocking buzzards take Greg Monroe PF/C! We think Greg brings a great balance of rebounding and scoring to the table. He is also one of the better free throw shooting bigs in the game now. He has career averages of .501 FG%, 14.5 PPG , 9.1 RPG and .701 FT ( which he has dramatically improved the last two years ) is a great sign of a young versatile big man who is already good and willing to keep working to improve!

Welcome to the Flock, Greg Monroe!

Recently signed free agents Greg Monroe and Khris Middleton of the Milwaukee Bucks are joined by general manager John Hammond and head coach Jason Kidd during a press conference at the Orthopaedic Hospital of Wisconsin Training Center on July 9, 2015 in St. Francis, Wisconsin.

@Diesel is on the clock.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Who cares what they might give up? Buzzard's squad is gonna score at least 120 PPG. Maybe more if the ball moves a little.

~lw3

LOL :cheer: Victor and Wall offer some pretty good defensive resistance and we ain't through with this draft yet!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

With the 83rd Pick of the draft, the Atlanta Ganstaslappas Select:

JAE CROWDER 

-cff1a48fdd31cdf1.jpg

Slasaher,  Defender, First guy off the Bench, natural player... at 6'6" can play the Sf position and allow Harris to move over to the PF if needed.  Has heart...   And will need to have a lot of heart playing next to a heartless Center!

@Spud2Nique is on the clock!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

LOL :cheer: Victor and Wall offer some pretty good defensive resistance and we ain't through with this draft yet!

Dude, your games will be 145 to 143.  It's just a matter of who has what score. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

With the 83rd Pick of the draft, the Atlanta Ganstaslappas Select:

JAE CROWDER 

-cff1a48fdd31cdf1.jpg

Slasaher,  Defender, First guy off the Bench, natural player... at 6'6" can play the Sf position and allow Harris to move over to the PF if needed.  Has heart...   And will need to have a lot of heart playing next to a heartless Center!

@Spud2Nique is on the clock!

I think this is a great pick in 6th round. He is a great sleeper pick and I thought for sure someone would take him sooner as a starter!

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think this is a great pick in 6th round. He is a great sleeper pick and I thought for sure someone would take him sooner as a starter!

Whoever took him last year at 196th (next-to-last player taken) is a genius!

~lw3

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I thought hard about taking him in the 5th... and still considered not taking him now...  There are some more sleepers. 

• Like 2