• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

With the 84th pick in the squawk draft, the Spudsters select Gorgious Gorgui Dieng...aka call me da Django!

We are very happy with this young man and his progress. He is entering his 3rd year in the league and becoming a dominating force. He averages roughly 10 points, 7 boards, 2 dimes, a block and a steal per. His fg is at 53% while he shoots 83% from the line. Those numbers are pretty impressive for any big. His defensive prowess is one that you will have to game plan for as well. 

Welcome Gorgious Senegalese Sy!

ps Sy likes to psych people out for kicks! Lol

Barring any trades, @ATLHawks3 is up and his team is starting to piss me off a tad lol...

image.gif

21 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

With the 84th pick in the squawk draft, the Spudsters select Gorgious Gorgui Dieng...aka call me da Django!

We are very happy with this young man and his progress. He is entering his 3rd year in the league and becoming a dominating force. He averages roughly 10 points, 7 boards, 2 dimes, a block and a steal per. His fg is at 53% while he shoots 83% from the line. Those numbers are pretty impressive for any big. His defensive prowess is one that you will have to game plan for as well. 

Welcome Gorgious Senegalese Sy!

ps Sy likes to psych people out for kicks! Lol

Barring any trades, @ATLHawks3 is up and his team is starting to piss me off a tad lol...

image.gif

It came down to Dieng and Monroe for my 6th round pick. I love Diengs defense but just thought Monroe had more versatility. I don't think you can go wrong with either this late in the game.

19 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

With the next pick in the 2016 Hawkquawk Dynasty Draft, the Atlanta Attack selects......... Pau Gasol

It isn't often in a draft that a team is able to select an All-Star this late in the draft, but luckily our organization was able to do so. Pau Gasol is coming off a season in which he averaged 16.5 ppg 11.0 rpg 4.1 apg and 2.0 bpg. We understand as an organization that one of the main reasons for Gasol slipping this low in the draft is due to his age, however over the last few seasons Pau Gasol has proven to be one of the most valuable PF/C in the NBA while also showing that age is nothing but a number. His skill set was simply impossible to overlook as he brings a combination of elite passing , post scoring, and rim protection to our team. Players such as Damian Lillard should be able to benefit from the spacing he brings because not only is he an elite mid range scorer, but he is also a solid 3-Point shooter as well (He hit nearly 35% of his 3 point attempts). We are extremely excited about the acquisition of a player of Gasol's caliber this late in the draft and we simply cannot wait for the season to begin. Welcome to the Attack, Pau Gasol!

ATLANTA ATTACK 2016-2017 ROSTER:

PG: Damian Lillard

SG: J.J. Redick

SF: Carmelo Anthony

PF: Paul Millsap

C: Pau Gasol

pau-gasol-of-the-eastern-conference-dunk

@Spud2Nique is on the clock!

I had both Dirk and Pau on my radar hoping they would get passed up for younger players; instead I had to draft the younger guys! Both are great picks this late.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Wade was my Kemba from the last round: "Please, don't make me take him!" Great value!

Hot pick on a platter, coming up! The next pick will allow the Eastern Conference to take a 43-42 lead among selected players.

~lw3

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

With what’s actually the 86th pick in the 2016 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Obsession selects…

full.jpg

Bow-wow-wow, yippie-yo, yippie-yay! It’s DeMarre Carroll (SF/PF, Age 30, 6’8”, 212 lbs.), and he’s ready to play!

Whenever you need toughness, it’s always good to have a player who, when times are tough, can chew on his own hair for sustenance. More on Junk Yard Dawg ver. 4.0 later on in this space!

LETHAL OBSESSION

PG: Christopher Emmanuel Paul

SG: Brandon Xavier Ingram

SF: Kenneth Lamont Bazemore, Jr.; DeMarre LaEdrick Carroll

PF: Kristaps Porzingis

C: Jonas Valanciunas

Yo, what’s the word? It’s time for @LucastheThird! (Psst! Drizzle, if you’re reading this and need a new ghostwriter, hit a brutha up!)

~lw3

I almost went with him over Dieng. That's why I took a half hour to decide lol

4 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

With the next pick in the 2016 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the Atlanta Attack selects..... Dwyane Wade

It is simply astonishing that our organization was able to select yet another All-Star this late in the draft. Wade is coming off a season in which he averaged 19.0 ppg 4.6 apg and 4.1 rpg. During the 2016 Playoffs, Wade was able to turn up his performance even more as he was able to average 21.4 ppg 5.6 rpg and 4.3 apg in 14 games. Wade's championship experience and veteran leadership will be a boost for my squad off the bench as we look to take home the championship this season. We are excited to add Wade to our roster and we cannot wait for the season to begin. Welcome to the Attack, Dwyane Wade!

ATLANTA ATTACK 2016-2017 ROSTER:

PG: Damian Lillard

SG: J.J. Redick/Dwyane Wade

SF: Carmelo Anthony

PF: Paul Millsap

C: Pau Gasol

CbONdpZUMAA2a-V.jpg:large

@lethalweapon3 is on the clock!

You're gonna start Redick over Wade? I smell internal dissent lol

29 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

You're gonna start Redick over Wade? I smell internal dissent lol

I did that for the spacing and also the fact that Lillard, Melo, and Wade ranked in the top 12 of usage % in the NBA. That ball needs to move lol. And plus Wade can excel as a 6th man off the bench as I plan for him to be our go to guy for my second unit.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Hey, everybody, ain't it absurd? We ain't heard yet from @LucastheThird!

Luk3 ain't been around since Monday night, and, as we all know, that sure ain't right! (actually, it's fine, I'm just working on my pitiful rhyming chops)

His draft clock runs out at 11:56 AM... after that, it's @TheFuzz@JayBirdHawk, @AHF and 'em!

~nipsey

• Moderators
On 7/27/2016 at 4:18 PM, lethalweapon3 said:

4:17 PM Eastern makes it officially one full calendar week since this bad boy started. 40 picks down... just 184 more to go!

~lw3

Good news! In the second week, our player-picking pace actually went up: 46 picks compared to 40 in the opening week. Maybe more, if Luke and/or Fuzz chime in within the next couple hours.

Just 138 more thrilling picks to go...

~lw3

• Moderators

@Sothron will be happy to know that the T'Wolves are the second NBA team, after Los Hawks, to reach 5 Summer Dynasty Draft player selections.

Seven Edit: Eight (after JayBird's pick) NBA teams have 4, while four teams have a solitary one player drafted.

~lw3

• Like 1

With the next pick the JayBird Lady Squawkers select:

Jabari  Ali Parker:  PF, 6'-8" 250lbs, 21 years

His initial rookie season started off with him suffering an ACL injury.  In his 2nd season he put together a respectable season coming off the injury putting up 14.ppg and 5.2 rpg.  His defense needs work but surrounded by C Steven Adams and SF Paul George they should be able to offer a helping hand in covering some of his short comings om the defensive side.  On offense, he can be a bull in a china shop.  He is more athletic than given credit for especially if he can keep his weight in check.

With this pick, my starling lineup is complete along with the man at the helm:

Coach: Gregg Popovich

PG: Mike Conley

SG: Khris Middleton

SF: Paul George

PF:  Jabari Parker

C: Steven Adams

@AHF is up.

• Admin
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With the next pick the JayBird Lady Squawkers select:

Jabari  Ali Parker:  PF, 6'-8" 250lbs, 21 years

His initial rookie season started off with him suffering an ACL injury.  In his 2nd season he put together a respectable season coming off the injury putting up 14.ppg and 5.2 rpg.  His defense needs work but surrounded by C Steven Adams and SF Paul George they should be able to offer a helping hand in covering some of his short comings om the defensive side.  On offense, he can be a bull in a china shop.  He is more athletic than given credit for especially if he can keep his weight in check.

With this pick, my starling lineup is complete along with the man at the helm:

Coach: Gregg Popovich

PG: Mike Conley

SG: Khris Middleton

SF: Paul George

PF:  Jabari Parker

C: Steven Adams

@AHF is up.

Surprised it took this long for him to go

Like your team so far ... chemistry and 2 way players