• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

I think Oladipo is a future star but with all the good players dropping in the last two rounds, I felt like we needed to make up some ground. Good trade for both!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think Oladipo is a future star but with all the good players dropping in the last two rounds, I felt like we needed to make up some ground. Good trade for both!

He is actually one of my fav players and ironically I considered making a trade proposal to you about him previous to this

• Like 1

Just now, capstone21 said:

He is actually one of my fav players and ironically I considered making a trade proposal to you about him previous to this

What you posted on my Oladipo pick, I was a little surprised you didn't. But I feel the same way as you do, OKC is a perfect fit for him and he is going to blow the heck up this year! If I had a lesser SG, no way I would have moved him.

I was also wondering if next year we could extend the roster to14 and pick a GM? It could be a regular GM or like @AHF has already done, a consultant like Ash Judd. 

i.e. Spud is the owner and Mila Kunis the GM. Just an example I'm not choosing her...

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

I have to wait to see who @Buzzard will choose at 96 and 97 and @capstone21 at 111 before grading the trade. But I like the fact that somebody actually made a trade!

I have been called a trade monster, like cookie monster, in my old keeper leagues. Some you win, some you lose. But it adds more fun to the game which is what I like about trades!

10 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I was also wondering if next year we could extend the roster to14 and pick a GM? It could be a regular GM or like @AHF has already done, a consultant like Ash Judd. 

i.e. Spud is the owner and Mila Kunis the GM. Just an example I'm not choosing her...

I would pick her :biggrin:

http://www.magxone.com/uploads/2012/12/Mila-Kunis-Esquire-Czech-6.jpg

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

We are the GMs .. but I would fire myself for Mila Kunis

• Like 1

• Moderators

@PSSSHHHRRR87 - I like that pick!  I strongly considered him for Dirk's backup but ultimately didn't because of age, injuries and defense.  The guy is productive as hell on offense, though, and I think his 3pt% will bounce back this year.  He is a great stretch 4!

Also, I'm updating  the pick summary with the trade.

• Like 2

We made the trade with this one player in mind. It is always risky trading away a player of Oladipo's ability but at the same time, a defensive big was easily our most pressing need. This player is also a injury risk but if all goes to plan, we may one day soon be talking about him with same reverence as Dwight Howard, DeMarcus Cousins, and Anthony Davis. If Joel Embiid can turn in ten or more healthy years we think he will be mentioned as one of top twenty NBA Centers all time.

Our management team has been conservative so far. Taking only players who have already experienced beak out seasons and proven themselves NBA ready; so a Babe Ruth swing for the fences is in order. With the 96th pick in the Dynasty Draft the flocking Buzzards take Joel Embiid.

Welcome to the Flock Joel!

Joel Embiid #11 of the Philadelphia 76ers poses for a portrait during the 2014 NBA rookie photo shoot at MSG Training Center on August 3, 2014 in Tarrytown, New York.

I am back on the clock and it will not be long!

• Like 2

We need to replace Oladipo as a three guard rotation is almost considered a necessity in todays NBA. With the 97th pick in the Dynasty Draft we are taking PG Jrue Holiday. Jrue brings is another 26 year old player just entering his physical and mental prime. And though he is a risk, we fill like this is another homerun swing that could put us over the top.

With Jrue, 6'4",  Wall 6'4", and Harden 6' 5" we have three very tall guards, all only 26 years old, that can play beside each other at any given point in the game. Call them anything you want, but this is for sure, they can all score and they can all three handle the basketball. Welcome to the Flock Jrue Holiday!

Jrue Holiday #11 of the New Orleans Pelicans drives against the Orlando Magic on October 28, 2014 at Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA.

@PSSSHHHRRR87 is on the clock.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

At work, but to keep the train rolling...

PF - RYAN ANDERSON

16560570-mmmain.jpg

@Buzzard is on the tic-toc.

With Dirk gone, I considered Anderson back in the 5th and 6th round. If my rebounding would have been in better shape, I would have taken him. No doubt about it.

Views selects the 2nd coach of the draft..... Brad Stevens! 

image.jpeg

One of the youngest coaches in the NBA is also one of the best. Brad took a Celtic team that was viewed as a team that should still be in a rebuild after departing with the big 3 to making them not only a playoff team, but a contender in the East. We believe Coach Stevens will bring a calming and fun influence to our young roster as we anticipate him to relate and coach our guys to hopefully the best of their potential. 

@Alex is on the clock

• Like 3

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

We need to replace Oladipo as a three guard rotation is almost considered a necessity in todays NBA. With the 97th pick in the Dynasty Draft we are taking PG Jrue Holiday. Jrue brings is another 26 year old player just entering his physical and mental prime. And though he is a risk, we fill like this is another homerun swing that could put us over the top.

With Jrue, 6'4",  Wall 6'4", and Harden 6' 5" we have three very tall guards, all only 26 years old, that can play beside each other at any given point in the game. Call them anything you want, but this is for sure, they can all score and they can all three handle the basketball. Welcome to the Flock Jrue Holiday!

Jrue Holiday #11 of the New Orleans Pelicans drives against the Orlando Magic on October 28, 2014 at Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA.

@PSSSHHHRRR87 is on the clock.

A really good point guard when he can stay healthy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

A really good point guard when he can stay healthy

I agree and after the all star break his performance was off the charts like Oladipo's was. But Jrue needs to play more than 20 great games in a season!

Edited by Buzzard