• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

I am officially ten picks away but I have at least that many in mind I can write something up about! There are still plenty of good vets and upside players to pick from, so I should be ready if we get past the turn.

15 minutes ago, pimp said:

he wasn't ready 
lebron-james-smacked-by-ball-before-76er

Lol I've never seen this gif I love it! Oh, also I think Lucas meant he's ready right then...kinda like Dirk Diggler when he told Jack he was ready right then....lol...

Not in the morning with cheese doodles hangin from his mouth...still in bed lol

17 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol I've never seen this gif I love it! Oh, also I think Lucas meant he's ready right then...kinda like Dirk Diggler when he told Jack he was ready right then....lol...

Not in the morning with cheese doodles hangin from his mouth...still in bed lol

Still a little sad that we could go two straight players, 16 hours, without someone making a pick. Even more sad if you factor in the 9 hour grace period from 10 PM to 7:00 AM. If I don't get to make a pick until tomorrow, I will be around at some point to make it. I will just be making it at work.

• Like 1

Well. since there hasn't been any drafting in this thread in nearly 24 hours..
I just want to say that my team looks absolutely nothing like i thought it would when the draft order was first announced ,
i saw that i had pick # 6   #27  #38. #59 #70
Here is how originally planned out my first 5 picks.

pg: Dennis Schröder #70       - taken #52 by Spud2Nique
sg: CJ McCollum #38            - taken #  29 by Alex
sf: Kawhi Leonard #6         - taken # 4 by Alex
pf: Paul Millsap # 27         - taken at 21 by AtlHawks3
c: Nerlens Noel  #59         taken at # 55 by Lucas/h4wkfan

every player was drafted before i could get to them, u guys stink. :dry:
Because of that, my original defensive team turned into a much more offensive minded team :blink:

Edited by pimp
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Still a little sad that we could go two straight players, 16 hours, without someone making a pick. Even more sad if you factor in the 9 hour grace period from 10 PM to 7:00 AM. If I don't get to make a pick until tomorrow, I will be around at some point to make it. I will just be making it at work.

it's been the usual suspects for the most part . When certain people's names are on the clock, you know the draft will move about as slow as Bibby on defense.

Edited by pimp
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, pimp said:

Well. since there hasn't been any drafting in this thread in nearly 24 hours..
I just want to say that my team looks absolutely nothing like i thought it would when the draft order was first announced ,
i saw that i had pick # 6   #27  #38. #59 #70
Here is how originally planned out my first 5 picks.

pg: Dennis Schröder #70       - taken #52 by Spud2Nique
sg: CJ McCollum #38            - taken #  29 by Alex
sf: Kawhi Leonard #6         - taken # 4 by Alex
pf: Paul Millsap # 27         - taken at 21 by AtlHawks3
c: Nerlens Noel  #59         taken at # 55 by Lucas/h4wkfan

every player was drafted before i could get to them, u guys stink. :dry:
Because of that, my original defensive team turned into a much more offensive minded team :blink:

I understand your point 100%. Ever since my 1st pick, Harden,  which honestly was my only no brainer, I have been drafting defensively. Meaning that when I am thinking of who to take, I think to myself, of all the players left that I am considering who would I hate to see gone the most when it is my turn again.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Moderators

With the 107th-ish pick in the 2016 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Obsession selects…

robin-lopez-fights-hawks-mascot.jpg

Anytime the feathers start flying, if you’re looking for a RoLo that’s soft in the center, then take your candy a$$ to the candy aisle! Because Robin Lopez (C, Age 28, 7’0”, 255 lbs.) doesn’t suffer fuzzy fools gladly. Let’s Dance, Harry!

On the Obsession frontline, Robin Lopez is back together with Kristaps Porzingis. Together, the tandem started for a team that finished strongly last season in defensive rim protection (56.8 opponent restricted-area FG%, 2nd to Atlanta). Opponents connected on just 45.8% of field goal attempts defended by Lopez around the rim, 7th-lowest among bigs (min. 60 games played) and 3rd-lowest among those defending at least seven at-rim shots per game. Among as-yet undrafted players, Lopez finished last season 2nd with 1.6 BPG (15th overall; Porzingis’ 1.9 blocks ranked 7th overall).

Lopez also has a history with Obsession star Chris Paul, his highest-scoring season coming in 2012-13 while starting with the dime-happy point guard in New Orleans. The city is coincidental, because Lopez has built up a veritable gumbo of offensive talents over the course of eight pro seasons. He amassed the second-most offensive rebounds in the league last season, and is tops among undrafted players with 53.9 FG% (9th overall; the Obsession’s Jonas Valanciunas ranked 6th) and second among the undrafted with 13.4 O-Reb% (8th overall; Valanciunas ranked 5th).

Entrusted with a vital role in a Triangle offensive scheme, Lopez blew away his career-highs this past season with 1.4 APG and 8.5% of field goals assisted. He also was encouraged to take more shots outside the paint. Last season, he took nearly 40% of his attempts in the 3-to-10-foot range, a career-high, and sunk 52.9% of those field goals, easily a career-best. It always helps to have a big man that can hit free throws at a decent rate, and his 79.5 FT% last season surpassed his career rate for the fourth consecutive season.

His newfound ability to unclog the paint can work to the Obsession’s advantage, whether he is paired with fellow seven-footers Porzingis and/or Valanciunas. Drawing out defenders can increase the effectiveness of drives by Paul and DeMarre Carroll or cuts by Brandon Ingram and Kent Bazemore.

Our newest Raging Bull, Lopez could stand to cut down on the histrionics around the league’s mascots, but his menacing reputation among the furries often allows much of the better elements of his game against flesh-and-blood adversaries to go overlooked. If he emerges as a premier two-way sixth-man pivot, well before the age of 30? Well, then, bully for you!

LETHAL OBSESSION

PG: Christopher Emmanuel Paul

SG: Brandon Xavier Ingram

SF: Kenneth Lamont Bazemore, Jr.; DeMarre LaEdrick Carroll

PF: Kristaps Porzingis

C: Jonas Valanciunas; Robin Byron Lopez

I pity the fools that have to pick after @ATLHawks3!

~lw3

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

With the 107th-ish pick in the 2016 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Obsession selects…

Anytime the feathers start flying, if you’re looking for a RoLo that’s soft in the center, then take your candy a$$ to the candy aisle! Because Robin Lopez (C, Age 28, 7’0”, 255 lbs.) doesn’t suffer fuzzy fools gladly. Let’s Dance, Harry!

LETHAL OBSESSION

There’ll be more on our newest Raging Bull in this space in the very near future. In the meantime, in between time, I pity the fools that have to pick after @ATLHawks3!

~lw3

I like Robin a lot in this round and would have been totally bummed out right now if I did not make the trade to get Embiid earlier. Nice pick!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I like Robin a lot in this round and would have been totally bummed out right now if I did not make the trade to get Embiid earlier. Nice pick!

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

LETHAL OBSESSION

There’ll be more on our newest Raging Bull in this space in the very near future. In the meantime, in between time, I pity the fools that have to pick after @ATLHawks3!

~lw3

Was gong to be my next pick

• Like 2

With the 109th pick in the 2016 squawk draft, the Spudsters select:

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope aka KCP.

This 6'5" 205 local product(from Georgia) has improved in each of his first 3 seasons in the NBA in pts, rebounds, assists and steals. At only 23 years old, he is only improving and has a chance for a breakout year with the Spudsters. We felt like we needed to add some scoring punch with our defense minded team and we did just that with KCP. He's also played 238/246 total games in the NBA thus far. As you can see, durability is important for us. Welcome KCP!

PG- Dennis Schröder

SG- KCP/ Devin Booker

SF- Jimmy Butler

PF- Draymond (wenis) Green

C- Tristan Thompson/Gorgious Gorgui

@Diesel is next to keep this party going! Chug chug chug!!! Lol (sorry college flashback)...

There's also an internal debate going on between who should get the #5 jersey. Both KCP and Dieng were in the 2013 draft so seniority is out the window here. KCP was the 8th overall pick that year, Dieng was the 21st. Dieng is 26 years old and KCP is only 23. Dieng was also a a higher selection for the Spudsters than newly acquired KCP. 

Maybe they should play 1 on 1 for it!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

With the 109th pick in the 2016 squawk draft, the Spudsters select:

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope aka KCP.

This 6'5" 205 local product(from Georgia) has improved in each of his first 3 seasons in the NBA in pts, rebounds, assists and steals. At only 23 years old, he is only improving and has a chance for a breakout year with the Spudsters. We felt like we needed to add some scoring punch with our defense minded team and we did just that with KCP. He's also played 238/246 total games in the NBA thus far. As you can see, durability is important for us. Welcome KCP!

PG- Dennis Schröder

SG- KCP/ Devin Booker

SF- Jimmy Butler

PF- Draymond (wenis) Green

C- Tristan Thompson/Gorgious Gorgui

@Diesel is next to keep this party going! Chug chug chug!!! Lol (sorry college flashback)...

A young starting shooting guard this late in the draft is a no brainer.  I think you just blew up a few late round draft boards with this one!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

A young starting shooting guard this late in the draft is a no brainer.  I think you just blew up a few late round draft boards with this one!

Thanks! I initially wanted another perimeter threat having only Booker but then I realized that KCP is really a great defender too. I guess I don't watch enough of the Pistons but just saw some highlights of his D and it's pretty darn good. I guess I got a 2 way player and didn't even realize it :-)