• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

21 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Thanks! I initially wanted another perimeter threat having only Booker but then I realized that KCP is really a great defender too. I guess I don't watch enough of the Pistons but just saw some highlights of his D and it's pretty darn good. I guess I got a 2 way player and didn't even realize it :-)

I am in the same boat. Except during the playoffs, my viewing is limited to the Hawks and our opponents That eye test thing some talk about on this board, I can't say honestly that I have watched enough of any of the young talent to say they passed my eye test lol.

Edited by Buzzard

10 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Whoops....didn't look hard enough at the draft board.

Think I'll take Jhalil Okafor instead. He's gonna have a beast season stat wise, let's just hope his head is back screwed on right.

Yea, I took Embiid. Okafor is not a bad option this late either!

• Like 1

• Admin

mike-budenholzer.png?w=600

with the next pick the Crew selects

Coach Mike Budenholzer 

talk about the perfect coach for this team ... He preaches defense, teamwork, and versatility ... That is what this team is all about.  He gets more out of his guys then is expected ... We can't think of a better person to lead this team.  the crew is very excited to welcome him as our new coach!

• Like 2

• Moderators

at-work-cookie-monster.gif

Hopefully, @HopefulHawksFan hasn't given up hope! That's because, with back-to-back picks, she gets up to 16 hours (+9) to make selections. She hasn't been on the Squawk in 25 hours but will get up to 8 AM Eastern tomorrow to jump back in. Hang in there, @Buzzard!

Meanwhile, @TheFuzz has checked back in (22 hours ago) but has yet to make a selection at #105. 

~lw3

• Like 1

at-work-cookie-monster.gif

Hopefully, @HopefulHawksFan hasn't given up hope! That's because, with back-to-back picks, she gets up to 16 hours (+9) to make selections. She hasn't been on the Squawk in 25 hours but will get up to 8 AM Eastern tomorrow to jump back in. Hang in there, @Buzzard!

Meanwhile, @TheFuzz has checked back in (22 hours ago) but has yet to make a selection at #105. 

~lw3

I'm sorry! I was at Baze's event at The Painted Pin all day yesterday. Headed to the UNO tournament tonight. Picks coming shortly!

• Like 3

First of two picks today...

Aaron Gordon

Last year, Gordon posted 13.9 points per 36 minutes and 6.5 rebounds per 36 minutes.  After the All-Star Break, when his scoring averages increased and he started more games, Gordon posted 15.5 points per 36 minutes and 9.4 rebounds per 36 minutes. Those are beginning to look like numbers of a player preparing to break out.  

Aaron Gordon #00 of the Orlando Magic goes up for the dunk during the Verizon Slam Dunk Contest as part of the 2016 NBA All Star Weekend on February 13, 2016 at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

• Like 4

With my next pick, I'm looking to the future.  I think this guy is going to be amazing.

Taurean Prince

Prince increased his role each of his college seasons before becoming a full-time starter in his senior year.  The 6'8", 220 pound forward began making waves as a junior when he was one of the top 6th men in the country.  He earned the Big 12  Sixth Man of the Year Award in 2015 by averaging 14 points and 5.6 rebounds while shooting 47 percent overall and 40 percent from long range.  

In his senior year he averaged 16 points and 6 boards.  

Taurean Prince #12 of the Atlanta Hawks handles the ball against the Sacramento Kings during the 2016 NBA Las Vegas Summer League game on July 13, 2016 at the Cox Pavillion in Las Vegas, Nevada.

• Like 3

I think we have a solid guard rotation with Wall, Jrue, and Harden and would compare it to anyone's in this draft. I think we are solid with our three bigs and when Embiid is ready to take the lead, they could be spectacular. A backup for Parsons is our next need and we are swinging for the fences again. But looking at the organization this young ,man  plays for some may view this as the most conservative pick we have made. With the 114th pick in the Dynasty Draft, we select SF/Positionless Kyle Anderson.

Everything I have read on this young man says he is ready to play now. The rumor mill has it that he and Leonard will be on the floor at the same time some this season,. We already know he will be spelling Leonard. One article I read stated that the league took a big sigh and GMs just shook their heads when the #3 HS recruit and this particular 1st team all PAC 12 player dropped in the Spurs lap at 30!

Here just a bit of info on how good this kid was in college:

He was the first player in Pac-12 history to register 200 rebounds and 200 assists in a season. He was also the first player in Division I history with at least 500 points, 300 rebounds and 200 assists in a season.  He is 6'8" tall in shoes and was UCLA's starting point guard his sophomore season. Yes we will take a flyer on all that!

Welcome to the flock Mr. Anderson!

LOSANGELES, CA- Burins player, Kyle Anderson #5, rushes the net during 2nd quarter action during UCLA Bruins played Prairie View A&M in an NCAA basketball game at Pauley Pavilion, UCLA Campus dec. 14, 2013.

@Diesel is up!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think we have a solid guard rotation with Wall, Jrue, and Harden and would compare it to anyone's in this draft. I think we are solid with our three bigs and when Embiid is ready to take the lead, they could be spectacular. A backup for Parsons is our next need and we are swinging for the fences again. But looking at the organization this young ,man  plays for some may view this as the most conservative pick we have made. With the 114th pick in the Dynasty Draft, we select SF/Positionless Kyle Anderson.

Everything I have read on this young man says he is ready to play now. The rumor mill has it that he and Leonard will be on the floor at the same time some this season,. We already know he will be spelling Leonard. One article I read stated that the league took a big sigh and GMs just shook their heads when the #3 HS recruit and this particular 1st team all PAC 12 player dropped in the Spurs lap at 30!

Here just a bit of info on how good this kid was in college:

He was the first player in Pac-12 history to register 200 rebounds and 200 assists in a season. He was also the first player in Division I history with at least 500 points, 300 rebounds and 200 assists in a season.  He is 6'8" tall in shoes and was UCLA's starting point guard his sophomore season. Yes we will take a flyer on all that!

Welcome to the flock Mr. Anderson!

LOSANGELES, CA- Burins player, Kyle Anderson #5, rushes the net during 2nd quarter action during UCLA Bruins played Prairie View A&M in an NCAA basketball game at Pauley Pavilion, UCLA Campus dec. 14, 2013.

@Diesel is up!

I like the pick. Slow Mo could start on pretty much any other team that doesn't have an upper tier SF. He's gonna be good if he gets a starting opportunity 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

I like the pick. Slow Mo could start on pretty much any other team that doesn't have an upper tier SF. He's gonna be good if he gets a starting opportunity 

Hey bro if ur at home check out nba2k16 road to the finals. Two teams competing for 250k. It's on cbs here but not sure what channel in ATL.

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Thanks, he is one of those defensive picks that I mentioned earlier, I did not see him making it back to me at 143. I love everything that is being said about him and if it holds to be true, Pop will get him on the floor. I like the Gordon pick  a lot as well. There is still a lot of talent to be had and some will be shocked that I took Anderson this early. But I like him a lot and that is what matters.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

We're just past the halfway mark!

The Hawks are the sole member of the 6-Players-Picked Club (+1 Coach)

The 5-Players-Picked Club now includes:

* T'Wolves

* Jazz

* Warriors (+1 Coach)

* Nuggets

* Spurs (+1 Coach)

* Lakers, and...

* Magic (only other Eastern Conference team)

~lw3

• Like 1