• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

With the 116th pick in the squawk fantasy draft, the Spudsters select:

Stanley Johnson

This Mr. California player of the year in 2014 is only 20 years old with one year of NBA service under his belt. He posted averages of 8 pts 4 boards and a couple of dimes in his rookie campaign. This small forward is a physical beast at 6'7" 245 pounds. We think he will be a great 2 way player in the NBA and we compare him to a young Kawhi Leonard. He will be our backup small forward behind Jimmy Butler, a perfect player to teach him the tricks and trades of the NBA game. Also, he showed in last year's playoffs he isn't afraid of anyone not even Queen James!

PG- Dennis Schröder 

SG- KCP/Devin Booker

SF- Jimmy Butler/Stanley Johnson

PF- Draymond Green

C- Tristan Thompson/Gorgeous Gorgui

@ATLHawks3 is up next!

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

With the 116th pick in the squawk fantasy draft, the Spudsters select:

Stanley Johnson

This Mr. California player of the year in 2014 is only 20 years old with one year of NBA service under his belt. He posted averages of 8 pts 4 boards and a couple of dimes in his rookie campaign. This small forward is a physical beast at 6'7" 245 pounds. We think he will be a great 2 way player in the NBA and we compare him to a young Kawhi Leonard. He will be our backup small forward behind Jimmy Butler, a perfect player to teach him the tricks and trades of the NBA game. Also, he showed in last year's playoffs he isn't afraid of anyone not even Queen James!

PG- Dennis Schröder 

SG- KCP/Devin Booker

SF- Jimmy Butler/Stanley Johnson

PF- Draymond Green

C- Tristan Thompson/Gorgeous Gorgui

@ATLHawks3 is up next!

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice pick man. I really only had two choices that were left in my mind for backing up Parsons, him and Anderson. Don't ask me why I went with Anderson, I really have no idea. Lets call it a coin toss while I was at work today.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Nice pick man. I really only had two choices that were left in my mind for backing up Parsons, him and Anderson. Don't ask me why I went with Anderson, I really have no idea. Lets call it a coin toss while I was at work today.

I thought Strongly about Johnson when I picked earlier.  I picked Johnson last year so i went with Crowder.  However, I do think that Johnson will be a studly player this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I thought Strongly about Johnson when I picked earlier.  I picked Johnson last year so i went with Crowder.  However, I do think that Johnson will be a studly player this year. 

I had been thinking about Johnson, Gordon, and Anderson since I made my last two picks at 96 and 97.  I was honestly surprised Gordon and Johnson fell so far and really did not think either would be there for me at 114. Yet both of them were almost there. Only thing I can say about me taking Anderson over Johnson is I liked Anderson's ball skills and passing better.

I knew for a fact neither would be there when I picked again.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators

With the 118th-or-so pick in the 2016 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Obsession selects…

kris-dunn-providence-darkness-light-960.

When you hear the initials, “K.D.”, only one name comes to mind. And of course, that name is Kris Dunn (PG, Age 22, 6’3”, 205 lbs.)!

In a similar vein as fellow Obsession players Chris Paul, Kent Bazemore, and DeMarre Carroll, Kris Dunn was a member of the G.R.I.T.S. Gang (Got Raised in the South). But Dunn’s path took a detour above the Mason-Dixon, after his mother was re-incarcerated and his estranged father later found him and his older brother and took them north to Connecticut. After finding a kinship with coach Ed Cooley and staying in New England, it took enduring a couple of injury-riddled seasons at Providence before everyone could see the bona fide potential Dunn displayed as a high school All-American.

Dunn has built up a solid frame ideally suited for the point guard position, including an exceptional 6-foot-9 wingspan. That allows him to be a menace as both an on-ball and help defender, averaging 3 steals per-40 (highest among collegiate draftees) in his senior season. The active hands and long arms will contribute to an energetic backcourt/wing combo, whether he’s playing alongside Paul, fellow rookie Brandon Ingram, Kent Bazemore or DeMarre Carroll. Dunn enjoys pushing the rock in transition, which will provide the Obsession with a sound change-of-pace after Paul lords over the halfcourt game. Kris and Kris(taps) getting out on the break could be a fun sight to behold.

He improved his shot accuracy as a senior with the Friars, raising his three-point percentage from 35.1% to 37.2%, and has been an above-average shooter when taking off-dribble jumpers. His ability to use his ballhandling and quickness to take defenders off the dribble and into the paint, and the hops and size to finish in traffic, grants him ample opportunities to make plays for himself and others.

Dunn’s turnover rate (4.2 per-40 pace adjusted, 2nd-highest among collegiate draftees) declined as a senior (4.8 as a junior), despite the added attention and pressure applied to the guard as he won Big East Player of the Year for the second-straight season. Aside from making good reads on NBA defenses when he drives, Dunn needs time to work on shot selection and mechanics, along with pick-and-roll defense, and sustaining defensive coherence without excessive gambling for steals.

While Kris has been turnover-prone, much of that is the product of growing accustomed to carrying the offense as a lead guard throughout most of his basketball career. That won’t be a problem in his rookie season as an understudy for the top-flight Chris Paul. While the veteran All-Star is a superb mentor, Dunn is also an ideal pupil and a quick learner. With Paul probably headed into free agency in 2016, Dunn’s smooth acclimation to the NBA game will serve the Obsession well, particularly if CP3 doesn’t re-up next summer.

While another K.D. sees a reflection of his younger self in Ingram, wouldn’t it be nice to have something akin to Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant growing together at the same time? While the duo isn’t quite Brooks and Dunn, a collaboration like Ingram and Dunn has the potential to make such great music on the court for many years to come. Only in America!

CkdmMDwUgAAprEW.jpg

LETHAL OBSESSION

PG: Christopher Emmanuel Paul; Kristofer Michael Dunn

SG: Brandon Xavier Ingram

SF: Kenneth Lamont Bazemore, Jr.; DeMarre LaEdrick Carroll

PF: Kristaps Porzingis

C: Jonas Valanciunas; Robin Byron Lopez

You’ll hear plenty more about Chris Paul’s newest understudy and the future young combo of KD and The Human B-Ing!

But it’s time for @LucastheThird to make his next selection…

bc6158811c59472f111c5d3e0c4b60b77a7e77aa

~lw3

• Like 3

On 8/6/2016 at 4:31 PM, ATLHawks3 said:

Currently at a wedding, but I'm gonna roll with Steve Kerr as my coach. 

@Spud2Nique is on the clock.

I hope this does'nt happen , but looking at  the next couple of folks on the clock,  it's very possible that no picks get made today.
I hope i'm wrong. :kickcan:

10 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

With the 118th-or-so pick in the 2016 Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Obsession selects…

kris-dunn-providence-darkness-light-960.

When you hear the initials, “K.D.”, only one name comes to mind. And of course, that name is Kris Dunn (PG, Age 22, 6’3”, 205 lbs.)!

CkdmMDwUgAAprEW.jpg

LETHAL OBSESSION

PG: Christopher Emmanuel Paul; Kristofer Michael Dunn

SG: Brandon Xavier Ingram

SF: Kenneth Lamont Bazemore, Jr.; DeMarre LaEdrick Carroll

PF: Kristaps Porzingis

C: Jonas Valanciunas; Robin Byron Lopez

You’ll hear plenty more about Chris Paul’s newest understudy and the future young combo of KD and The Human B-Ing!

But it’s time for @LucastheThird to make his next selection…

bc6158811c59472f111c5d3e0c4b60b77a7e77aa

~lw3

I like the pick.
I have been thinking about taking Dunn for a while now,  I would have taken him next round if he was available.  :hmm:

• Like 3

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, pimp said:

I like the pick.
I have been thinking about taking Dunn for a while now,  I would have taken him next round if he was available.  :hmm:

You and me both.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pimp said:

I like the pick.

Ya, I have a feeling Dunn will win rookie of the year and surprise everyone. I just think Ingram needs a little time and Simmons is gonna see too much defense come his way. Dunn is in a very ideal situation, both as a Twolve and a Lethal Obsession. He will learn from the best in the latter scenario from CP3.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya, I have a feeling Dunn will win rookie of the year and surprise everyone. I just think Ingram needs a little time and Simmons is gonna see too much defense come his way. Dunn is in a very ideal situation, both as a Twolve and a Lethal Obsession. He will learn from the best in the latter scenario from CP3.

His main limitation for this season is Ricky Rubio.  Playing time may not be there for him like it is for some of the other top picks.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

His main limitation for this season is Ricky Rubio.  Playing time may not be there for him like it is for some of the other top picks.

Ya I thought about that but I think he will play so well that Tommy Thibs will start him early in the season and bench Ricky. We shall see though.

• Moderators

The good news? @LucastheThird's draft clock runs out at 3 PM Eastern. He peeked in a few hours ago so maybe he'll be back later.

The bad news? @TheFuzz's turn is next. He hasn't stopped by since Saturday.

So... see y'all tomorrow at 8 AM sharp!

~lw3

• Like 1

• Admin
15 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

The good news? @LucastheThird's draft clock runs out at 3 PM Eastern. He peeked in a few hours ago so maybe he'll be back later.

~lw3

Should we be adding some co-GMs?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

~lw3

Can we bypass  TheFuzz's 8 hours??
I mean he has been on the clock for pick 105 since 2:17pm- FRIDAY afternoon.
Let's keep this thing moving. He can make 2 picks if he ever shows up.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

GIF-Boring-Bored-This-is-boring-Im-bored

I thought the draft was meant to alleviate the boredom of the offseason.  Sad to say, I more bored.

Heh, JBird be like ...

Elaine Bored

I been peeking into this thread like ... 

Jimmy Fallon Popcorn

... for the past few months (yes, months).

I know nothing about this dynasty/fantasty stuff hence my absence.  Any way to do some kinda auto-draft then just assign folks a team to alleviate this logjammy scenario?  Then just trade players as each owner sees fit type-a thing?

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

GIF-Boring-Bored-This-is-boring-Im-bored

I thought the draft was meant to alleviate the boredom of the offseason.  Sad to say, I more bored.

I hate to point this out but...(actually I love it who am I kidding). @kg01 doesn't usually EVER stop by the fantasy draft page but he followed @JayBirdHawk here today like a little puppy...good boy! 

It's a case of a stalker we got here..

15 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I hate to point this out but...(actually I love it who am I kidding). @kg01 doesn't usually EVER stop by the fantasy draft page but he followed @JayBirdHawk here today like a little puppy...good boy! 

It's a case of a stalker we got here..

I'm gonna take the high road and not further derail you guys' off-trackd thread.  I shall bow out and vow to take my revenge on Spud2 elsewhere.