2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, h4wkfan said:

You are lucky we had a poor shooting night from 3!! Looks like favors struggled keeping up with dray.

I may need to look into tweeking my lineup to fit the small ball style. 

Dennis is averaging 30ppg, not in the NBA world.

10 hours ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

I'll make my pick tonight. I just need a minute to look at the selection pool.

Looks likes Views fell in the selection pool and drowned last night. :laugh:  that pick never made it to Adam Silver.

• Like 2

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I drafted Dante Exum last year...if I recall correctly...hmmm...I could be wrong but I never forget my players.

Might have been right player, wrong year! Links to the 2014 Dynasty Draft got lost in the sauce, but you likely picked Exum back when he was a prized rookie talent.

Dante's ACL tear occurred around August 4 last year, while he was playing in the World Cup for the Boomers. Two days later he was declared out for the NBA season, likely scratching him off a lot of Dynasty Draft boards.

~lw3

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Might have been right player, wrong year! Links to the 2014 Dynasty Draft got lost in the sauce, but you likely picked Exum back when he was a prized rookie talent.

Dante's ACL tear occurred around August 4 last year, while he was playing in the World Cup for the Boomers. Two days later he was declared out for the NBA season, likely scratching him off a lot of Dynasty Draft boards.

~lw3

You are correct. Although it was possible for me to have chosen because our draft ended August 11th of last year, like in the 10th or 11th round but I did not. I just found screen shots of each squawk team, I won't post it though because we are still doing the draft, but I can post it after if people are interested. It's funny though, I actually have 2 returning players on my team from last year, Gorgeous Gorgui and Devin Booker.

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Dennis is averaging 30ppg, not in the NBA world.

Haha...ya im a 2k guy that is heavily reliant on improvising and going 1on 1 with my point guard when my play breaks down....actually, I guess this happens a lot in the real life NBA too lol. 

• Moderators

Views we could use, as his Draft Clock expires at 1:11 PM Eastern. The battery order after him is @PSSSHHHRRR87, @capstone21 (twice), then PSSSHHHRRRman and VFTS again, followed by Big Poppa Pump-to-be @Alex. (Then again, Alex probably ain't a huge Scott Steiner fan, for some reason...)

~lw3

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Views we could use, as his Draft Clock expires at 1:11 PM Eastern. The battery order after him is @PSSSHHHRRR87, @capstone21 (twice), then PSSSHHHRRRman and VFTS again, followed by Big Poppa Pump-to-be @Alex. (Then again, Alex probably ain't a huge Scott Steiner fan, for some reason...)

~lw3

Scott Steiner and his recliner!  He gets his freaks horizontal and then they know he's the man with the biggest arms in the world.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

'Tis time for @capstone21 to put a capper on the 8th round! Meanwhile, the drafting hours for Views will come in twos.

~lw3

Perhaps he thought it would be easier this way to put both players in 2k at the same time lol

• Admin

With the next pick in the draft Capstone's Crew selects

Rudy Gay SF/PF

Shocked that he is still on the board at this position ... Rudy brings a little bit of everything ... I think he will fit with Bud's offense and give our bench a nice punch ... he can fill in at SF as well as PF when we want to go small and fast.  Along with being an excellent scorer, Rudy is a good rebounder and defender and can handle the ball well.  We are extremely shocked and excited to be getting a player of this caliber this late in the draft.  I have a feeling he will play with a chip on his shoulder as a result. 

Welcome to the team Rudy!

@capstone21 is up next ... he told me he needs a little time to think of his next pick.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

With the next pick in the draft Capstone's Crew selects Rudy Gay 6'8 SF/PF

Shocked that he is still on the board at this position ... Rudy brings a little bit of everything ... I think he will fit with Bud's offense and give our bench a nice punch ... he can fill in at SF as well as PF when we want to go small and fast.  Along with being an excellent scorer, Rudy is a good rebounder and defender and can handle the ball well.  We are extremely shocked and excited to be getting a player of this caliber this late in the draft.  I have a feeling he will play with a chip on his shoulder as a result. 

@capstone21 is up next ... he told me he needs a little time to think of his next pick.

@TheNorthCydeRises approves...lol.. On cue Cap! Haha

• Admin

With next pick in the draft Capstone's Crew selects:

Clint Capela C/PF

This dude is a beast ... he brings a defensive / rebounding work ethic that we are very excited about.  His growth last season was only the beginning on how his career is going ... this season we expect even more as he can defend both centers and even go out and muscle up against PFs on the perimeter ... Our bench just got a whole lot tougher and we look forward to guys trying to attack the rim (and fail) when he is out on the court. 

Welcome to the Team Clint!

@PSSSHHHRRR87 is up next

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

With the next pick in the draft Capstone's Crew selects

Rudy Gay SF/PF

I thought so many times about picking Gay just out of good practice it was not funny. If I would have had a defensive minded center and power forward he would have been long gone by now. I think he is a steal outside the top 100. Nice pick!

• Like 1