• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2016 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

4 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Is he misses his next turn we can go straight Coney Island ticket, and give him Stephon Marbury!

~lw3

Funny you say this because I'm not sure if it was ur comedic genius or AHF but in last year's dynasty draft, Iheartferry or Iheartvolt now didn't make a couple of picks and you or AHF gave him Dajuan Wagner and Nikoloz Tskitishvili.

Also Nicholas27 didn't make a couple of picks and you guys have him Yinka Dare and  Chris Washburn....:-|

• Moderators

I'm biased toward waiting it out anyway. We could ask @AHF to make an executive decision on Fuzz's pick before, oh, say, 1:59 PM Eastern. That would allow Luke 3chly time to ((knock on wood)) show up before 10 PM, and keep this thing from rolling into sunrise tomorrow.

Alas, knowing my luck, that pick would be the player I'm holding out for, compelling me to appeal to the Commish to rescind the pick so I might get him instead (This might be how I wound up with Chris Paul, btw).

So I'd personally rather take the chance that we keep the Clock as-is and Lucas takes the Meat Loaf approach to drafting (sleeps on it, and gives us his answer in the morning).

~lw3

1 minute ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I'm biased toward waiting it out anyway. We could ask @AHF to make an executive decision on Fuzz's pick before, oh, say, 1:59 PM Eastern. That would allow Luke 3chly time to ((knock on wood)) show up before 10 PM, and keep this thing from rolling into sunrise tomorrow.

Alas, knowing my luck, that pick would be the player I'm holding out for, compelling me to appeal to the Commish to rescind the pick so I might get him instead (This might be how I wound up with Chris Paul, btw).

So I'd personally rather take the chance that we keep the Clock as-is and Lucas takes the Meat Loaf approach to drafting (sleeps on it, and gives us his answer in the morning).

~lw3

Ya but sometimes Lucas will surprise everyone and post..."I WILL BE READY"

of course most times he means ..like right then or I'll go missing lol

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Funny you say this because I'm not sure if it was ur comedic genius or AHF but in last year's dynasty draft, Iheartferry or Iheartvolt now didn't make a couple of picks and you or AHF gave him Dajuan Wagner and Nikoloz Tskitishvili.

Also Nicholas27 didn't make a couple of picks and you guys have him Yinka Dare and  Chris Washburn....:-|

Sadly, I have trouble tinkering with the tables, so I had to leave "compensatory picks" like Paul Mokeski, Chu Chu Maduabum, Charles Shackleford, and Jim Spnarkel off the Draft Boards this year. 

~lw3

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Sadly, I have trouble tinkering with the tables, so I had to leave "compensatory picks" like Paul Mokeski, Chu Chu Maduabum, Charles Shackleford, and Jim Spnarkel off the Draft Boards this year. 

~lw3

Lol awesome! I remember going to a Warriors game in the late 80's and watching Paul Mokeski play. Even then I thought...he doesn't belong lol...then I remembered it was Don Nelson's charity act to bring over his old Bucks players as a sign of gratitude or something. Didn't work to well for Alton Lister as he still has a spalding tattoo left on his forehead courtesy of Shawn Kemp and the Supersonics lol. Which by the way, a top 10 dunk of all time in my opinion, the other 9 belong to Nique ;-)

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Re Towns, he was a rookie.  If his career peak was last season, he wouldn't be justifiable as #1.  He should be much better in the future which puts his top 25 finish in the right context:  top 25 and with a ton of room to improve.  Sign me up for that!

Do you realize that if they were all the same age, you and W/S are justifying DeAndre Jordon 9th, Hassan Whiteside 11th, and Al Horford 17th all being picked over Townes 24th? Makes no logical sense to me but everyone sees players and numbers different.

I am getting back on topic, lets get this draft rolling again!

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol awesome! I remember going to a Warriors game in the late 80's and watching Paul Mokeski play. Even then I thought...he doesn't belong lol...then I remembered it was Don Nelson's charity act to bring over his old Bucks players as a sign of gratitude or something. Didn't work to well for Alton Lister as he still has a spalding tattoo left on his forehead courtesy of Shawn Kemp and the Supersonics lol. Which by the way, a top 10 dunk of all time in my opinion, the other 9 belong to Nique ;-)

I can't pull a "WATN?" thread on Mokeski, but @capstone21 probably knows he's in Canada now, as the new head coach of the Moncton Miracles. (all I can tell you is Moncton is in New Brunswick; you're on your own after that). His hair is jusssst about how I remembered it. (EDIT: Danny McBride is not allowed to depart from the Earth until he does "Paul Mokeski, the Movie")

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/moncton-miracles-new-headcoach-1.3449931

~lw3

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Ashley and I are excited to announce the 135th pick in the draft.  We wanted to add a young guard capable of running the point to develop behind Lowry but with deadly perimeter accuracy and we think we found our man.  As a freshman last season, he had the most 3pters of any freshman in NCAA history after Stephen Curry and did it shooting over 40% from range.  He made both his conference and the national All-American teams and was projected to be a top pick in the draft.  He scored the most points of any player in a single season among all the star studded beasts to come out from under John Calipari at UK (including Anthony Davis, KAT, John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, etc.)  At this point in the draft, we think he will be a sniper for years to come in the league and we are excited to grab a young and talented cat.

C - A - T - S

C - A  - T - S

t1_judd_getty.jpg

With our 9th pick and the 135th pick overall, the U-Niques select combo guard:

Jamal Murray

1949952a8b7d9d78d7750fb304cf7528.jpg

We're also excited to see how many trips to the line Murray can rack up because he should be shooting close to 90% from the stripe.  We think he'll add some nice spacing to the floor and can't wait to see him join our club.  Welcome aboard Mr. Murray!

@JayBirdHawk is on the clock

BUST

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Do you realize that if they were all the same age, you and W/S are justifying DeAndre Jordon 9th, Hassan Whiteside 11th, and Al Horford 17th all being picked over Townes 24th? Makes no logical sense to me but everyone sees players and numbers different.

I am getting back on topic, lets get this draft rolling again!

I'll agree to put this to rest but will just note that Jordan was 1st Team All-NBA last season.  All three of those guys led their teams to the playoffs other than KAT.  KAT ranks first in points scored and second in PER.  He ranks 3rd or 4th worst in many other categories (TS%, blocks, turnovers, rebounds, VORP, BMP).  His last season was one of production and promise.  If that was his age 30 season, he could not be justified that high, IMO, but we can agree to disagree.  I'd also note that these guys went 16, 32, and 36 in this draft which just reinforces that those types of numbers are not the type that get you picked over LeBron James unless you have a ton of growth still ahead of you.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I can't pull a "WATN?" thread on Mokeski, but @capstone21 probably knows he's in Canada now, as the new head coach of the Moncton Miracles. (all I can tell you is Moncton is in New Brunswick; you're on your own after that). His hair is jusssst about how I remembered it. (EDIT: Danny McBride is not allowed to depart from the Earth until he does "Paul Mokeski, the Movie")

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/moncton-miracles-new-headcoach-1.3449931

~lw3

image.gif

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, so that's what happened.   I looked last year's draft summary before we started this draft, and i saw  names like Yinka Dare and  Chris Washburn, and i thought that  you guys just like to have fun with the last couple of picks,
I was thinking that , if  you draft Yinka Dinka Dare, who died 10 years ago, then what's to stop me from doing something silly like  drafting  Teen Wolf ?
teen-wolf-dunking-o.gif

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, pimp said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, so that's what happened.   I looked last year's draft summary before we started this draft, and i saw  names like Yinka Dare and  Chris Washburn, and i thought that  you guys just like to have fun with the last couple of picks,
I was thinking that , if  you draft Yinka Dinka Dare, who died 10 years ago, then what's to stop me from doing something silly like  drafting  Teen Wolf ?
teen-wolf-dunking-o.gif

Everytime I see that movie I think that's Kevin Willis not Alex P. Keaton lol...I'm a numbers guy and whenever I see a jersey number in a movie I relate it to the Hawks, Lions or Braves depending on if it's bball, football or baseball...

ps You can't stop Yinka you can only hope to contain him. RIP

Lucas said he was driving home but would be making his pick soon! That is an advantage to sending a message instead of just mentioning their name in the post. They can reply to you.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1